English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Anymi
Veteran Member

THE RED THREAD

Post by Anymi » 27 Jan 2009, 03:37

The Red Thread

Anything Liverpool related-

Ill start:
Seriously which ones can make the grade and which cant and what formation would you like to see.

Grade Makers:

1. THE SPINE:
Reina
Carragher
Gerrard
Torres
(All class players, dont need to be knocked)

2. THE RELIANCE:
Hyypia
Alonso
Mascherano
Riera
Arbeloa
(All experienced, consistent,)

3. THE ONES THAT ARE LOOKING GOOD FOR THE FUTURE:
Skrtel
Agger
El Zhar
Nemeth
Pacheco
Irwin
Spearing
Darby
Insua
(Perhaps its too late for the likes of Spearing and El Zhar, but Agger and Skrtel are class)

The Non Grade Makers:

1. THE HOPELESS
Dossena
Voronin
Degen
(Please.....Please Leave)

The Fence Sitters:
These are the ones I am concerned about the most an these are the ones I want to opinions on.

PENNANT-- Can be brilliant then can be ****. Loaned to Pompey
KUYT--Great work ethic but can be bitterly frustrating at times.
LUCAS--Personally I doubt his talent.
NGOG--I feel as though Benitez bought him as an investment.
KEANE—has talent, but we haven’t seen it
BABEL—Lacks serious confidence and experience.
Keane and Babel are players with exceptional ability. I really want them to achieve here. What do my fellow Red fans think?

Kasaki
Veteran Member

Post by Kasaki » 27 Jan 2009, 04:44

Keane is going back to the spurs lol

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 27 Jan 2009, 10:11

I hope not.

I love that guy and given the time with Torres could be good, but Rafa would want Gerrard and Alonso AND MAsch to play which counts out Keane.

I think the reason Keane was bought was because Rafa expected Alonso to leave leaving Gerrard and Masch and Torres and Keane up front.

james_torres9

red thread

Post by james_torres9 » 27 Jan 2009, 10:19

keane has the potential as shown in the goal he scored against arsenal but only plays well when its only him up front and i'm sure every liverpool fan like me would prefer torres always in ahead of keane
sig by messi14

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 27 Jan 2009, 10:22

thats defo the opposite to what most guys feel. Keane cannot play upfront by himself he is a second striker and likes to move not wait.

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 27 Jan 2009, 17:13

Our formation is good but we need a secondary one as i find that we have no bak up plan if teams can cope with our usually one. Our players through the middle are great. Just the wide men that arent.

Secondly i want to shout about agger. Why the fu** does hyypia and skrtel start over him!!!! Agger is a great player with still loads to give, leaving him out the first 11 is stupid and if we sell him rafa needs his head checked.

Thirdly, SELL KEANE!! £20 Million for him. I want to sell him quick so we can make as much money back as possible on him and bring another fullback or winger.

Areas we need to look at seriously are right back, i like arbeloa but i think we need someone who can support attack and overlap the right winger. We definatley need to look for a right winger fast. Kuyt works his socks off and fair play but we only have natural width down the left with reira so a right winger would make us much more dangerous during attacks.

We need to ditch that damnn zonal marking. What bs, especially in recent weeks against everton. If anyon saw the two goals from set-pieces you'll get what im saying. We should adapt man to man marking, its so much more effective.
1. THE SPINE:
Reina
Carragher
Gerrard
Torres
(All class players, dont need to be knocked)

2. THE RELIANCE:
Hyypia
Alonso
Mascherano
Riera
Arbeloa
(All experienced, consistent,)

3. THE ONES THAT ARE LOOKING GOOD FOR THE FUTURE:
Skrtel
Agger
El Zhar
Nemeth
Pacheco
Irwin
Spearing
Darby
Insua

(Perhaps its too late for the likes of Spearing and El Zhar, but Agger and Skrtel are class)

PENNANT-- Can be brilliant then can be ****. Loaned to Pompey
KUYT--Great work ethic but can be bitterly frustrating at times.
LUCAS--Personally I doubt his talent.
NGOG--I feel as though Benitez bought him as an investment.
KEANE—has talent, but we haven’t seen it
BABEL—Lacks serious confidence and experience.
Keane and Babel are players with exceptional ability. I really want them to achieve here. What do my fellow Red fans think?
Agger isnt one for the future, imo he is part of the spine just rafa needs to open those eyes and wtach him and macher is defo the heart of the team aswell. I personally dont think irwin will develop into a player for us, maybe championship. Spearing has a great future at the club if he keeps developing and i could definatley see pacheco partnering torres in a few seasons.

-Lucas needs to leave.
-Pennant needs to join luton
-Keane should go. Hes a good player but doesnt suit liverpool.
-Liverpool should put in alot of effort into trying to develop babel, hes got great potential but still not showing it. Maybe loan him out or play him more in his natural position.
-N'gog if im honest looks sh*t. Everytime he's come on he's fell over the ball, i'd give him a season or so to try an adapt to the english game and then comment on him.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 27 Jan 2009, 17:31

I agree with powell about babel, i think he has some decent potential and should get more of a chance, also keane would be better suited to another team imo.

The key players we need to keep are:

Torrres
Reina
Gerrard
Carragher
Alonso

Also im honoured this thread is dedicated to me lol.
i was made to ignite

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 27 Jan 2009, 17:43

Add masheraino and agger to the list and you got a great set of players.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 27 Jan 2009, 17:46

Good players:
Torres
Reina
Mascherano

Sack Benitez and all things wud be good.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 28 Jan 2009, 02:26

How do you guys feel about Riera? I feel that he is a good player and I think he has more to show. I also agree with you guys on Babel.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 28 Jan 2009, 05:14

Riera looks class.

I believe he will grow further to become a better player.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 28 Jan 2009, 05:27

Riera's already one of my favourite players there, and I'm usually not quick to warm up to new players. He's positive, he attacks the defence and scores some sweet goals.

I dont think Benitez should sell Keane either. It's not like he's been absolutely terrible, he's got 5 goals or something in the EPL and a couple in the Champions league, and I like what he brings to the side, or at least what he could possibly bring.
Sig by me

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 28 Jan 2009, 06:26

The thing is Keane was only really bought after we could not get Barry because Benitez thought Alonso would get sold or be a bench player, which hasnt happened, hes been our best

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 28 Jan 2009, 07:49

WIGAN VS LIVERPOOL

I would like to see Torres and Keane start but since were away and Rafas fear of risks, formation will probably be:

---------------Reina-----------------------------
--Arbeloa---Carra------Skrtel-------Fab------
------------Masch------Xabi-----------------
---Kuyt----------Gerrard----------Riera--------
-----------------Torres---------------------

Wigan have no Heskey or Palacios. They have got Zaki though so.....

MY PREDICTION: 0-3 hopefully some goals, Torres 1 Keane 2

james_torres9

red thread

Post by james_torres9 » 28 Jan 2009, 10:27

i would like to see keane and torres start but it wont happen i think, they just need some time to form a good understanding of each others play.
i think keane should be sold and buy zaki because zaki is a great player and liverpool could probably get him quite cheap, he is definitely one of the most under-rated players going around and would be a good buy for any strong team
sig by messi14