The Weekend Thread! (10/1/2009)

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
NewBornProdigy
Admin

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1956045/
Theres that shot I was talking bout

shahensha
Veteran Member

damn valencian derby was an amazing thriller. 3-3 scoreline with pinball football played by both teams.

ronaldoR7

damn chelsea have been playing so bad , sometimes i wonder if scolari should even be here in the first place . But i gotta say Man-Utd played well . Chelsea definately need buy 1 or 2 players this transfer season man seriously we only have 2 strikers anelka and drogba who are too bloddy similar and di santo is too young and not enough experience .

INTER1908
Veteran Member

ronaldoR7 wrote:damn chelsea have been playing so bad , sometimes i wonder if scolari should even be here in the first place . But i gotta say Man-Utd played well . Chelsea definately need buy 1 or 2 players this transfer season man seriously we only have 2 strikers anelka and drogba who are too bloddy similar and di santo is too young and not enough experience .
Di Santo's marking was sh*t on Berbatov's goal. Did anyone else see Vidic whisper to Berbatov that he was going to get in Di Santo's way to let Berba score?
Made by 2Brown.

ronaldoR7

INTER1908 wrote:
ronaldoR7 wrote:damn chelsea have been playing so bad , sometimes i wonder if scolari should even be here in the first place . But i gotta say Man-Utd played well . Chelsea definately need buy 1 or 2 players this transfer season man seriously we only have 2 strikers anelka and drogba who are too bloddy similar and di santo is too young and not enough experience .
Di Santo's marking was sh*t on Berbatov's goal. Did anyone else see Vidic whisper to Berbatov that he was going to get in Di Santo's way to let Berba score?
yeah man i agree with you Di santo's port marking led to that 3rd goal scored by Berbatov . Wow did vidic actually whisper to berbatov that ? i didn't see that lol

INTER1908
Veteran Member

ronaldoR7 wrote:
INTER1908 wrote:
yeah man i agree with you Di santo's port marking led to that 3rd goal scored by Berbatov . Wow did vidic actually whisper to berbatov that ? i didn't see that lol
Lol yeah he did like 10 seconds before the kick and than when i was watching the replay he completely got in the way of Di Santo.
Made by 2Brown.

shahensha
Veteran Member

holy sh*t

Messi = clutch!

Ofcourse as if dribbling from the midway line to the opponent's box before assisting eto'o wasnt enough, he had to score the game winner too.

Barcelona were losing 2-1 away to osasuna. However, in the last ten minutes, Xavi gave up his leg to score the equaliser and then messi scored the winner 5 minutes before time to clinch victory in an always difficult osasuna encounter.

Its not that he scored the winner, its how he scored the winner. Not only can he dribble through and get right in front of the goalie's face before scoring a goal(or hit the post like today), he can also dish them out from long distances as well. Amazing accuracy and power!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1957148/

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Damn that goal from Messi was sick. For him to produce a goal like that in the late stage of the match is incredible. This just furthers the fact that Messi is the best in the world.

dhs

post christmas form I loved every minute of the game except for the offsides on ronaldo when he wasn't besides that it was amazing

god bless manchester united

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

1st of all,nbp,no need to post a vid,we saw the match,that only made me feel bad(oh so bad moments that game had) :lol:
ad yes,i saw the whisper and knew they were up to sumting
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

ronaldoR7

does anyone think chelsea can still retain their hopes for the title :roll:

ratherton
Veteran Member

ronaldoR7 wrote:does anyone think chelsea can still retain their hopes for the title :roll:
I seriously doubt it unless Scolari does something amazing.

Man Utd have it in the bag.

ronaldoR7

yeah im with ya , scolari has no club records and has only had impressive recrods with Brazil and Portugal . Scolari only has a 1 year contract so if he doesn't impress he could be out and Roberto Mancini and Guss Hiddink have been linked with the job .

shahensha
Veteran Member

Get Rijkaard! He will change the pathetic and defensive 4-5-1 to an attacking 4-3-3 while still maintaining the passing fluidity and ball posession chelsea seems to love nowadays.

Then again he is sort of a softie expecting players to be professional and mature instead of instilling "shut the fu** up prima donnas, I am the boss here" discipline. What does he know?

soccer11
Admin

there are some managers that should stay at club levels and some that should stay at the international level. Scolari is one of those that should stick to the international game. I'd like to see him coaching Brazil again one day, though I don't know if that'll happen.