January Transfer Window: LIVERPOOL

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Anymi
Veteran Member

I am a Liverpool fan as you probably can tell.
This post is about what I want my team to do in the January Transfer market.

KEY: CAPS= who to buy
***= who to sell
---= who to loan

Goalkeepers:

Reina- Brilliant keep him.
Cavalieri- Not the best, alrite as a sub though.
Itandje***- Sell, 1 million

Overall: Reina is a top notch keeper. Bring Kelly back to be a sub.

Fullbacks (the real problem):

Left:

Aurelio- Pretty good, could do better though
Dossena***- Doesn’t look the part, sell, 2 million. Lost 6 million
BALE- This guy looks the part buy him from Spurs 5 million.

Right:

Arbeloa- Mediocre, ok in attack and defense
Degen***- Verdict based on Spurs CC game and you tube videos. Make profit. Only positive is that he was free.
A. JOHNSON- I reckon he should be our main target in the transfer window. 5 million if we have the money. Solid in defense, can whip in a great cross.

Overall :If we got the two full backs I reckon they should start. Obviously this probably wont happen so, get Darby to settle in and start playing Arbeloa on the left. He is versatile.

Centre halves:

Carragher- Brilliant, versatile, hope he is here until he retires.
Agger- Looks very promising, good in the air, can score and attack.
Skrtel- Strong and solid, always works.
Hyypia- Still very good, though in the next couple of years probably sell for 2 million, to perhaps a newly promoted side.

Overall: Strongest position, 4 brilliant backs. No problem for the future. Hopefully can be backed up by some good full backs.

Wingers:

Right:

Pennant***- Can be the best player on his day, and the worst when its not. Really don’t know whether to let go or not. I really wish he was more consistent, a favourite of mine.
Benayoun- Good impact player. A favourite of mine too. A little like pennant though. Wants to leave I think.
El Zhar- I want to see him more. Tricky, and quick and nuggety. Made a difference in all the games he entered this year.
RIBERY- Yes a long shot, I know, but could be superb if bought. Would add a different dimension to the game. Hopefully he would be able to fit in. 15 million (this might not even be enough)

Left:

Riera- Good player, stays wide, feisty cross, great tricks, hopefully he can keep improving.
Babel- A favourite of mine, hopefully he lives up to his expectations. I don’t care if he stays wide or plays up front. I just hope he makes it and someone like Madrid takes him. Great speed, need to work on crossing.

Overall: Mediocre, Left is pretty strong, right, not really. Could do better.

Centre Mids:

Gerrard- Nuff said.
Alonso- Wanted to sell him but I think he’s shot up. Expert passer and shot. Best player this season so far. Cant really defend though, and when a team is really hungry, can get caught out. Eg. Middlesbrough, Sunderland. But other than that, awesome.
Mascherano- Brilliant defender. Shuts teams down. Will always play against the big teams. Very consistent.
Lucas***- Hasn’t really impressed. Slow and to cool on the ball. I think this isn’t his game. Give the youngsters a chance.
BARRY- Always liked him. Versatile, good defender and works well with Stevie G. Not worth 20 million though, and only necessary if one of the above leaves.

Overall: Very good defensively. Don’t think there needs to be much change. Great youth coming up. But controversy, in playing three centre mids in a game rather than two.

Strikers:

Torres- Superb speed and eye for the ball. Brilliant goalsocrer. Hopefully stays away from injury.
Kuyt- Versatile, workhorse, can play on the wing to. Really has turned up the heat this season. Proved doubters wrong.
Keane- I think he is brilliant, but hasn’t really done much, great at assists so far, but scoring wise ha been poor. I hope he improves.
Ngog---- From what ive seen, is not that great. Might need time. Should go on loan.

Overall: Strong. Need to play two up front if goals are to be made though, unless you use the Torres/Gerrard partnership.

Youth (Pick of the bunch):

Insua----- I think he needs a chance, but from what ive seen (which isn’t much) a little overrated.
Darby- From what ive seen this guy looks brilliant, should start some Carling Cup games.
Nemeth----- Looks very good. Next Fowler.
Pachceo------Only 17, will be a starter next few years. Brilliant touch and strength considering his build.
Spearing- Hope he plays as much as Darby. Very good eye and great tenacity.
Hammill- Not really been heard of and from what ive seen looks alrite.

Overall: Very, very classy. All deserve a chance.

TEAM OVERALL: Great spine, outside needs, work and change.

January’s desired team:

------------------------------Reina------------------------------------
--Johnson-----Carragher--------------Skrtel-----------Bale------

---Ribery------Gerrard-----------Mascherano---------Riera------

--------------------Keane---------Torres------------------------------

Please give feedback. Some of you might think I am some sort of idiot for some of my choices. I also hope other fans of other teams would make one of these for there team.

Thanks.

powell
English Meister

Good i guess but not very realistic. It might be christmas but those two americans wont give rafa that much cash.

Keeper

We need to get rid of both itandje and cavalieri, both shocking. Maybe call up bouzians. Hes a talent. Rated as one of the best keepers in the world at his age.

Defense

Selling hyypia would never happen, i think he'll retire with us now and go on to be a coach here. Fully deserves it. Arbeloa is more than mediocre, hes one of the best players we have if you look at how consistant he is. Buying bale would be his best idea. Heard some rumours and think he is still imprivng but i think were sound everywhere else. Btw what your saying about insua is a joke, what some of his reserve games. and some of his first team games last season.

Midfield

Barry would be so pointless and another waste of money now. We have riera for the left so we would need him for there. The system rafa usually uses has 2 defensive midfielders in mascher and alonso so barry wouldnt fit in. Lucas is still young, playing much better that last year so im pretty sure he has alot more to offer. The right we need to get sorted, bring in someone fresh, exciting and young, a proper winger.

Forwards

Firstly get babel up there. Ive seen bits of 20 mins here and there of babel up front this season and hes made things happen. Looks different class to what he is on the wing. Put N'gog back in the reserves for a season, needs to adjust to the english game. Buy owen, hes cheap and scores goals and has been scoring alot recently. Him and torres would bang in some goals.

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Alright, my transfer wishlist won't be as in-depth as yours. It's for Inter Milan. I'm just going to say who I want them to buy.

Defence
Chiellini or Micah Richards or both.- I think that Chiellini and Materazzi at the same time would be a killer combo that every forward would think twice about trying to dribble through.

Midfield
Diego-he would be great in our midfield with his attacking mind set. We have Cambiasso but he is more defensive minded, we have Muntari but he fouls a lot so we need more depth.

Offense
Ribery or Benzema-Ribery would be nice so we could have one more winger because both Mancini and Quaresma are a little iffy. Benzema because he is young and has a lot of talent, also Cruz and Crespo are getting old.
Made by 2Brown.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Yeah luring ribery away from bayern is like trying to buy messi from barca/kaka from milan/cronaldo from man united..........damn near impossible

INTER1908
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:Yeah luring ribery away from bayern is like trying to buy messi from barca/kaka from milan/cronaldo from man united..........damn near impossible
Yeah it's definetly a wish list.
Made by 2Brown.

Anymi
Veteran Member

If Inter got alot of those players you said, which isnt impossible if you sell some of the others, Inter would be killer.

If Ribery, Messi or Benzema came to the PL i think thet would do well. Someone like Ronaldinho on the other hand might struggle. But in saying that i thought Robinho would struggle but hes made an impact.

Anymi
Veteran Member

Also Powell I saw Insua play vs Blackburn. Brilliant. Hope he plays some more. I made a big mistake.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

in order for liverstool to be good by next season,they will have to sell everyone they have,and bring in everyone chelsea has and ofcourse a couple players from internationales milan,aint i right inter :wink:
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Dang straight man, but they can only have Quaresma. :lol:

If Inter and Liverpool meet up in the champions league it's game over for Liverpool...You will be walking alone Anymi.
Made by 2Brown.

powell
English Meister

INTER1908 wrote:Dang straight man, but they can only have Quaresma. :lol:

If Inter and Liverpool meet up in the champions league it's game over for Liverpool...You will be walking alone Anymi.
just like when we met last year ?

And theres no point talking about chelsea really, a team that finished runner up in an easier cl group and also BEHIND liverpool in the prem as well as losing to burnley on pens.

And whats with the liverstool ? Something funny im missing ?

mint
EF Drug Baron

tevez, if chelsea are sooo good why did liverpool beat them at stamford bridge?
i was made to ignite

powell
English Meister

Anymi wrote:------------------------------Reina------------------------------------
--Johnson-----Carragher--------------Skrtel-----------Bale------

---Ribery------Gerrard-----------Mascherano---------Riera------

--------------------Keane---------Torres------------------------------
Just wondering what would you do with;

Babel,
Alonso,
Kuyt,
Agger,
Benayoun.

ratherton
Veteran Member

mint wrote:tevez, if chelsea are sooo good why did liverpool beat them at stamford bridge?
Probably the same reason Doncaster beat Ipswich.

Strange results happen ever now and then.

mint
EF Drug Baron

ratherton wrote:
mint wrote:tevez, if chelsea are sooo good why did liverpool beat them at stamford bridge?

nah ratherton that wasn't a strange result, we all knew that Doncaster would start winning eventually, And what did i say in the championship thread? i said that doncaster are better then Ipswich, they have half proved that, all we need to do is win at your ground.

Which shouldn't be too hard as long as o driscoll gets us a decent striker next month.
i was made to ignite

powell
English Meister

mint wrote:
ratherton wrote:

nah ratherton that wasn't a strange result, we all knew that Doncaster would start winning eventually, And what did i say in the championship thread? i said that doncaster are better then Ipswich, they have half proved that, all we need to do is win at your ground.

Which shouldn't be too hard as long as o driscoll gets us a decent striker next month.
haha no way have you proved your better than ipswich, your sitting bacially at the bottom. Sure you have beat ipswich but in all fairness if you were better you be higher than them aswell as winning the same kinda of games they are.