Worst ref ever

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
ratherton
Veteran Member

Yesterday, I was 330 miles from home down in yokel country watching the mighty Tractorboys destroy Plymouth Argyle.

It was quite entertaining but the officials were probably the most useless I have ever seen....and I include amateur park football in that too.

They barely got a single important decision right.

However, it all adds to the entertainment. More of the same next Saturday against QPR please.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

dont know about refs, but i could certainly tell you who the worst linesman ever is :wink:

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

ratherton
Veteran Member

The best linesmen are from Azerbaijan. Everyone knows that.

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

Off topic but,

Ratherton, i remember a while ago we got into an argument about playing a premiership game in the states. As the NFL is playing on of their 16 games in ENgland, and the NBA playing four games in Europe, whats wrong with playing one game in the states out of 48.
Chelsea>Your team

soccer11
Admin

fr33k1ck wrote:Off topic but,

Ratherton, i remember a while ago we got into an argument about playing a premiership game in the states. As the NFL is playing on of their 16 games in ENgland, and the NBA playing four games in Europe, whats wrong with playing one game in the states out of 48.
i don't want to answer for ratherton but i believe his answer will be along the lines of him not caring for either the NFL or the NBA and it wouldn't affect him if they played every game overseas.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Absolutely everything is wrong with playing English league game outside of England.

If I was an NFL fan, I'd be pissed off that one game was being played in England.

MiKeOnE29

ratherton wrote:

Absolutely everything is wrong with playing English league game outside of England.

If I was an NFL fan, I'd be pissed off that one game was being played in England.
ditto. Another thing is that the NFL is trying to grow the sport overseas so they are playing a game in England each year to try and raise interest and make the game popular worldwide. Football on the other hand is popular worldwide so why on earth would you need to play premier league games is other country's?

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

MiKeOnE29 wrote:
ratherton wrote:

ditto. Another thing is that the NFL is trying to grow the sport overseas so they are playing a game in England each year to try and raise interest and make the game popular worldwide. Football on the other hand is popular worldwide so why on earth would you need to play premier league games is other country's?
There's a lot of money to be made in the US, I guess thats why they wanna play the game over here anyway.
Chelsea>Your team

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Leave the domestic leagues in their countries, that applies to all sports and nations. Why would Americans want to watch two teams who they dont care about and dont care about them play each other, why not just watch MLS. I know people will say MLS is crap and all the usuall, but your not giving it a chance by letting the EPL play in your own country.

Like I could imagine the NFL playing games in Australia, yes everyone would go to the game and fill the stadium because it is a novelty, but no one actually knows anything about it and it would never catch on. Same thing will happen with the EPL over there.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Well said !!!!