If anyone wonders why I dislike England players in general..

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
user1101

One thing I do not understand is why that clown Downing is still starting for England. As a Villa fan, I see Ashley Young playing every week and he is simply amazing. International experience could only help him mature as a player. I also feel that Agbonlahor should get a chance in the England squad, especially after a man of the match performance against Portugal U-21's a few days ago. His pace will definitely do more to unsettle the opposotions' defense than Defoe's... skill?

ratherton
Veteran Member

user1101 wrote:One thing I do not understand is why that clown Downing is still starting for England. As a Villa fan, I see Ashley Young playing every week and he is simply amazing. International experience could only help him mature as a player. I also feel that Agbonlahor should get a chance in the England squad, especially after a man of the match performance against Portugal U-21's a few days ago. His pace will definitely do more to unsettle the opposotions' defense than Defoe's... skill?
I don't think that pace is the important thing, we need wide players who can deliver quality crosses...and there is only one player who can do that in an England shirt.

shahensha
Veteran Member

and sadly, its the only thing he knows how to do

NewBornProdigy
Admin

if we knew what englands problem was, and why certain players don't preform, we would be world famous millionare's

my only explanation is they don't have the Eye of the Tiger, they certainly have the pride, but the just don't gel as a team they don't look hungry for the win

God knows why?

and you want a good crosser?

David Bently
David Beckham
Ashley Young
Joe Cole's alright aswell

its the recivers that are the problem

Wanye Rooney
Jermanie Defoe
Abonlaghor

they aren't natural heading players

but i seldom see a good target man playing for england
like remember how well peter crouch did compared to his liverpool form?
or Heskey?

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

NewBornProdigy wrote:if we knew what englands problem was, and why certain players don't preform, we would be world famous millionare's

my only explanation is they don't have the Eye of the Tiger, they certainly have the pride, but the just don't gel as a team they don't look hungry for the win

God knows why?

and you want a good crosser?

David Bently
David Beckham
Ashley Young
Joe Cole's alright aswell

its the recivers that are the problem

Wanye Rooney
Jermanie Defoe
Abonlaghor

they aren't natural heading players

but i seldom see a good target man playing for england
like remember how well peter crouch did compared to his liverpool form?
or Heskey?
Well Agbonlahor has not played for England and also he can head a ball decently, but i agree with you, we dont have any good big strikers. Heskey is a brilliant target man, but a poor goalscorer. Dean Ashton is simply never fit. Darren Bent can head the ball, but Capello wont call him up as yet, which is understandable. Michael Owen in my opinion has an incredible goalscoring instinct but doesnt do enough for the team. Also he is rarely fit. Our main problem id say is in wide areas and up front. I really do think some of the under 21s should be given more of a chance, the likes of Agbonlahor, Milner, Micah Richards. Also its a bit ridiculous the lack of action Ashley Young has had. He is a CLASS player, Joe Cole is quality too, but i see no reason why both cant play.

I must admit im very worried that we wont qualify for the world cup, but the key games for us really are against the likes of Ukraine and Belarus, we need to beat them, and hopefully we can at least finish 2nd in the group. If we get a draw in Zagreb on wednesday id be over the moon.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Capello has just been an over-hyped Sven and McClaren. He hasn't "redefined" English football in any way. It's basically the same players as before. Like everyone else is saying, I want to see more of Bentley, Young, Agbonlahor, J. Cole. You never know what they'll be like until you play them, and we've all seen they can perform for their club. Becks, Defoe, and maybe even Rooney are all washed-up. Bring 'em on as subs for gods sake if they must play.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Real_Zidane wrote:Capello has just been an over-hyped Sven and McClaren. He hasn't "redefined" English football in any way. It's basically the same players as before. Like everyone else is saying, I want to see more of Bentley, Young, Agbonlahor, J. Cole. You never know what they'll be like until you play them, and we've all seen they can perform for their club. Becks, Defoe, and maybe even Rooney are all washed-up. Bring 'em on as subs for gods sake if they must play.
Well said, the other problem with Capello is he is on 6million a year, more than Sven and McClaren were on! Probably more than both of them put together!
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

freestylejordan

But you'll notice how angry Capello was with Englands performance against Andorra he was furious! I don't recall Sven or Mclaren getting so worked up over England performances.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

freestylejordan wrote:But you'll notice how angry Capello was with Englands performance against Andorra he was furious! I don't recall Sven or Mclaren getting so worked up over England performances.
Haha, thats probably because McClaren and Sven got more goals vs Andorra.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8