Mutu Must Pay Chelsea 13.8 Million Pounds for Cocaine Usage.

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Mutu Must Pay Chelsea 13.8 Million Pounds for Cocaine Usage.

Post by Rome_Leader » 16 Aug 2008, 00:36

FIFA have ordered Adrian Mutu to pay Chelsea £13.68million after being tested positive for cocaine during his time at Stamford Bridge.

Mutu, 29, tested positive for cocaine in 2004 and was banned for seven months before moving to Juventus and Fiorentina after getting sacked by Chelsea.

The world game's governing body calculated the compensation according to the value of the remaining period on a contract that was cancelled by Chelsea in October 2004

The Court of Arbitration for Sport had ordered FIFA to make a ruling and the matter went to the Dispute Resolution Chamber of the world governing body.

"The club can confirm that it has received the decision from FIFA's Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) on the claim made against Adrian Mutu," read a statement from Chelsea.

"Chelsea is delighted with the DRC's decision to award the club £13.68million in compensation."

"This is an important decision for football. Not only did the DRC make us a very significant monetary award, the decision also recognised the damaging effect incidents involving drugs has on football and the responsibilities we all have in this area.

"Chelsea will now be following the process laid out in the DRC's decision to claim the money from Mutu."

In the meantime, Mutu has extended his contract at Fiorentina - a club the Romanian striker joined in July 2006 for €8m (£5.7m) after signing for Juventus in January 2005 on a free. Chelsea argued that this move threatened contractual stability throughout football.

Source: Clicky

Finally, this is settled... I'm glad he didn't end up skirting away free after he was sacked. All substance abusers should receive this treatment.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 16 Aug 2008, 00:50

I heard about it and think it's a little to much, but he should have to pay something. He F***ed up, and he should have to pay for it. that's my opinion.

messi19
Veteran Member

Post by messi19 » 16 Aug 2008, 01:54

This really cracks me up coming from Chelsea!
If it was some sh*tty confereance team, I could understand. But come on
Chelsea! Pull your fingers out you arse Chelsea!

I feel for Mutu. How is gonna pay all this back?!?! Maybe he will get the amount halved hopefully.

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

getsis22
New User

Post by getsis22 » 16 Aug 2008, 02:23

I heard he is taking donations in order to pay the sum

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 16 Aug 2008, 03:17

as much as i don't think Mutu should've done cocaine, i don't think it's fair to ask him to pay that much of a fine. it's bulls**t really. that's $27 million USD. i can't even fathom that. Chelsea is the richest club, i think they can do without.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 16 Aug 2008, 03:23

Sure, Adrian should pay, but not that much, especially to the greedy Russian mobster.

What I don't understand is how Mark Bosnich didn't have to pay for his cocaine use while at Chelsea. :?

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 16 Aug 2008, 04:09

Really, Mutu doesn't owe jack. Look at his disciplinary records, and this was what, 4-5 years ago? Why would they pull this out now? If they wanted to make him pay for it they should've done it right when they found it. Now he's a great player and it'll just taint his name after he put his past behind him :x

Roman Abramovich needs to get laid.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 16 Aug 2008, 04:11

Kakasgotskillz wrote:Really, Mutu doesn't owe jack. Look at his disciplinary records, and this was what, 4-5 years ago? Why would they pull this out now? If they wanted to make him pay for it they should've done it right when they found it. Now he's a great player and it'll just taint his name after he put his past behind him :x

Roman Abramovich needs to get laid.
They've been pursuing it for years, and Abramovich isn't the one making the calls it'd be the board. He should pay, but the price is to high.

ronaldoR7

Post by ronaldoR7 » 16 Aug 2008, 05:32

i dnoe why all of a sudden chelsea want Mutu to pay them . Why make him pay now when it was such a long time ago since the incident . Im confused 8) .

sig by Nat_H

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 16 Aug 2008, 10:55

It's a bit much, yeah, but really, are you arguing he shouldn't have his life messed with? He messed with his life when he made the conscious choice to do cocaine! He needs to have to pay for his mistakes, and while it is a little much, I am sure there is some reasoning behind the number.

And, rR7, this ruling has been in the works for some time.

All roads lead to Rome.

Ic3

Post by Ic3 » 16 Aug 2008, 18:35

He did pay for it... He had a 7-month ban and had to pay £20,000. I've heard that other people that have been found to do cocaine were simply fired, and perhaps a small fine.

Now I'm not saying that what he did was right, but I think he paid for what he did and went on to become a better person and player. I understand that Chelsea want compensation, but that amount is ridiculous.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 16 Aug 2008, 18:39

I'm aware, but those are things he deserved anyway, minimally.

Well, I know Rom is a very insane man, so that doesn't surprise me that it is a ridiculous amount. But clemency is something I've never been a fan of, as it sets a bad precedent. I still think what he did deserves a fine in the millions.

All roads lead to Rome.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 16 Aug 2008, 19:43

Isn't the reason he has to pay that amount because that would be the estimated compensation for the money Chelsea lost when they released Mutu?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 16 Aug 2008, 19:54

If not sure what that is factoring, and if that is the only thing it is gauging, but even a supporter of Chelsea and the decision, I agree it is a bit much, yes.

I would say they are also thinking along the lines of merchandise compensation (As if he would've sold much, I know. :P)

All roads lead to Rome.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 16 Aug 2008, 20:04

Oh, I thought it meant like the transfer fee for Mutu