Who will win the 2008 EPL

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
dhs

you guys you are acting like ronaldo is hte only good player on united what about

rooney
tevez
scholes
giggs
ferdinand
vidic

all quality

they were good before ronaldo they will be good after him

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

no doubt..... they also have nani and anderson up and coming talent. But Ronaldo provided a big presence on the pitch scoring 42 goals and had defenses, coaches, and goalkeepers constantly scared.

soccer11
Admin

dhs wrote:you guys you are acting like ronaldo is hte only good player on united what about

rooney
tevez
scholes
giggs
ferdinand
vidic

all quality

they'd still be good but they'd need one more player though. i'm not saying that player would take the place or c.ronaldo, but someone to fit the role that is needed, like someone off the bench, assuming nani would take c.ronaldo's place. also,they'd need someone to take the place of giggs because he's getting old and i expect him to retire soon.

goose43
Sophomore Member

i think man u is gonna win it no matter if ronaldo is hurt or goes to madrid. I just hope tottenham does better than they did last year.

powell
English Meister

dhs wrote:you guys you are acting like ronaldo is hte only good player on united what about

rooney
tevez
scholes
giggs
ferdinand
vidic

all quality

- Rooney isnt a good player anymore. His talent went when he started suffering from 'burnout' doesnt get nearly enough goals.

- Tevez doesnt get enough goals either. Pops up now and again.

- Scholes is good and so is giggs but being qite old im not sure if giggs could play week n' week out.

SO without ronaldo your goals would easily dry up.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

But without Ronaldo wouldn't that give Rooney and Tevez more chances to score? Because Ronaldo was pretty much a ball hog.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:But without Ronaldo wouldn't that give Rooney and Tevez more chances to score? Because Ronaldo was pretty much a ball hog.
Pretty much. They're both creative players that can work well with each other.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

powell wrote:

rooney
tevez
scholes
giggs
ferdinand
vidic

all quality

- Rooney isnt a good player anymore. His talent went when he started suffering from 'burnout' doesnt get nearly enough goals.

- Scholes is good and so is giggs but being qite old im not sure if giggs could play week n' week out.

Agreed. But the Ronaldo saga is starting to stretch on and on and if Real sign another player cuz they get impatient, Ronaldo won't have a chance cuz of salary problems (this might turn out worse than the Brett Favre saga).

Anyways, I'd like to see the partnership between Keane and Torres, if they actually synergize together well, it may pose a huge threat to all the other teams. And Tottenham won't win unless they find a replacement striker for Keane (never happening because Keane was a legend at the Spurs), even though "rumours" say that they're bidding for multiple players.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

I don't know... they still have Berbatov, and they're looking to get Pavlyuchenko. If Berbatov goes they might play him as a lone striker, or try to get Arshavin as well.

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Pavlyuchenko said that if he was going to go to England it would only be to a team in the top 4, because of the CL. If I was him I would settle for Tottenham, but thats just me.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

casar22 wrote:ManUtd(4th consecutive year)
That would be their 3rd consecutive year.

casar22
Veteran Member

Davidson9 wrote:
casar22 wrote:ManUtd(4th consecutive year)
That would be their 3rd consecutive year.
I can't believe I wrote 4th consecutive sorry :oops:

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

goose43
Sophomore Member

Real_Zidane wrote:I don't know... they still have Berbatov, and they're looking to get Pavlyuchenko. If Berbatov goes they might play him as a lone striker, or try to get Arshavin as well.
well they have d. bent and he could play with berbatov.

dhs

powell wrote:

rooney
tevez
scholes
giggs
ferdinand
vidic

all quality

rooney: true doesnt get nearly enough goals but if ronaldo is out of the picture he will have more chances, he also works really hard he drops back and defends make splitting passes and has a killer shot i still think he is great.

tevez: much the same as rooney he is a work horse

also ur gunna have trouble geting through vidic and ferdinand both world class centre backs

soccer11
Admin

in a weird way, i think that the best thing for manchester united would be if they sold c.ronaldo, in the long run at least. it would give the young guys rooms to grow.
you had someone like chris eagles who could've made more appearances and, i feel contributed.
you still have nani and anderson and a bunch of other young players to use. they would move away from the traditional 4-4-2 formation and try some new things. sir alex is a great manager and i feel without the restriction of c.ronaldo, they could use different tactics and options.