Championship Transfers 2008-2009

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Rulezzz
Veteran Member

So guys lets talk about the big transfers in the championship, Kris Commons has just signed for Derby today and Derby have made six signings already! I suppose they need to, people are going to the right them off for next season, but i honestly think they will challenge for a playoff place.

Charlton have signed Mark Hudson on a free transfer from crystal palace which although i dont miss Hudson that much, im disappointed he joined the clowns really.

Obviously weve lost bostock but weve been strongly linked with Danny Webber and i think he would work very well on the right side of our front three for next season, Jose Fonte we are hoping to sign permanently in the summer and i think we need another central defender, and a centre forward and i think we are sorted. Also i hope clinton morrison signs a new contract!
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

ratherton
Veteran Member

I'm in Johannesburg so I don't know or care about who the mighty Tractorboys have signed or sold.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

How's Jo'burg?

Jeff Hughes from Palace to Bristol Rovers

Liam Davis from Coventry to Northampton Town

ratherton
Veteran Member

Davidson9 wrote:How's Jo'burg?

Jeff Hughes from Palace to Bristol Rovers

Liam Davis from Coventry to Northampton Town
I've only just got here. We've been up near Kruger National Park so I've been in the wilderness. The locals are well up for WC 2010.

Since my initial post, I've done a bit of browsing and it appears Ipswich are interested in signing Kevin Phillips and Anti Niemi. I'd be happy with that.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

You best take lots of pictures!

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Palace have signed Paddy McCarthy from Charlton! :) We desperately needed a centre back, hopefully we will sign Jose Fonte from Benfica this week.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

ratherton
Veteran Member

Davidson9 wrote:You best take lots of pictures!
I've taken loads of pics.

OK, to footy.

We've signed some bloke from Herenveen, a defender who is meant to be pretty useful. I think his first name is Pim.

The fixtures are out in a few days.

messi19
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:
Davidson9 wrote:You best take lots of pictures!
I've taken loads of pics.

OK, to footy.

We've signed some bloke from Herenveen, a defender who is meant to be pretty useful. I think his first name is Pim.

The fixtures are out in a few days.
Yeah, all the fixtures for all the leagues in England come out on June 16th.

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Aaron Ramsey has left Cardiff for Arsenal. Kenny Miller has gone to Rangers from the sh*t (D***y).

That's all I can find right now.

ratherton
Veteran Member

The mighty Tractorboys are to announce their second signing of the summer today - Gareth McAuley from Leicester. No details on the fee or length of contract.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:The mighty Tractorboys are to announce their second signing of the summer today - Gareth McAuley from Leicester. No details on the fee or length of contract.
Great signing always knew he was going to Ipswich, but he was excellent last year for despite their relegation obviously. Obviously u signed that Pim guy too dont know how good he is.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

ratherton
Veteran Member

Rulezzz wrote:
ratherton wrote:The mighty Tractorboys are to announce their second signing of the summer today - Gareth McAuley from Leicester. No details on the fee or length of contract.
Great signing always knew he was going to Ipswich, but he was excellent last year for despite their relegation obviously. Obviously u signed that Pim guy too dont know how good he is.
We've paid £1.1m for McAuley.

My contacts in The Hague tell me that this Pim bloke has quite a lot of potential.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Cardiff are trying to line up Rangers striker Kris Boyd. I can believe Ipswich are messing around with £3.5m bids for Shola Ameobi who is shite when someone like Boyd is available.

Colchester winger Mark Yeates may not be going to Palace after he failed a medical.

Man City will play their first UEFA Cup match at Barnsley. I don't understand this as its not even that close.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:Cardiff are trying to line up Rangers striker Kris Boyd. I can believe Ipswich are messing around with £3.5m bids for Shola Ameobi who is shite when someone like Boyd is available.

Colchester winger Mark Yeates may not be going to Palace after he failed a medical.

Man City will play their first UEFA Cup match at Barnsley. I don't understand this as its not even that close.
I dont see why someone like Boyd would want to come to Cardiff, i would have thought if he was gonna leave Rangers it would to go a premier league club. Shola Ameobi would be very good at Championship level in my opinion, if you get i reckon it would a very good signing.

As for Yeates it doesnt happen often when someone fails a medical lol, im not that convinced of Yeates anyway to be honest, he started off the season well for Colchester but seemed to go off the boil a bit, but of course if does eventually pass a medical then ill welcome him with open arms.

For me the shock transfer of the summer so far is Glen Little from Reading to Portsmouth. But why? why? When Bentley and Milner are available and possibly Shaun Wright-Philips lol.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

ratherton
Veteran Member

The local press are saying that Richard 'FA Cup Ears' Wright is going to come back to Ipswich after spending 7 years sitting on the bench at various Premier League clubs.

I'd be happy with that as it can't be any worse than taking a keeper on loan who couldn't even get on the bench at Derby last year.