Eduardo's Broken Leg :O

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Hugh
Veteran Member

Taylor could perhaps have pulled out of the challenge, I think it's merely unfortunate that his leg happened to be moving back down to the ground in the direction it was, for example if he'd simply poked the ball past Taylor then this wouldn't have happened.

Regardless it's just an accident, perhaps Taylor could have led the ball a bit so that he wouldn't have studded Eduardo, but it was a fair challenge. In fact if Da Silva had just walked away (ie. not got injured or taken a dive) then Taylor would have got off scott free, there's no doubt about it.

The one thing I will say though is that Taylor shouldn't have gone in studs up, he could have used his toes just as effectively.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

shahensha wrote:Not only that you also have take account of Eduardo's momentum and awkward foot placement.

I dont think he wanted to hurt Eduardo at all. It was just an extremely clumsy tackle. Trust me if Martin Taylor knew how to tackle properly, dont you think he would have gotten atleast one start for the English team and a place in a top flight club? If he had a sense of how to tackle he would have gotten all ball but then again Eduardo was too quick for him and got rid of the ball quickly.

I mean pay close attention to the injury footage. Eduardo replaced the ball with his leg in the midst of Taylor's tackle. If Eduardo had not passed the ball off, Taylor would have definitely hit the ball

There was absolutely no malice. It was merely an accident and injuries like these happen in sports.
Actually, U could be spot on. I managed to watch about three times before Youtube took it out. Clumsy challenge and my friend told me during the live game that the referee only produced the red card after he saw the injury. I was rushing back home to watch the highlights but missed the horrific moment!

Hugh
Veteran Member

it's all over youtube, just go for something like "taylor eduardo tackle"

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

im not one of the idiots calling for a life ban for taylor but i think its ridiculous that Jeremy Aliadiere lost his appeal and got a 4 game ban for his gay slap on mascherano. That hardly deserves a longer ban than taylor will get

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

ScottyBoy wrote:im not one of the idiots calling for a life ban for taylor but i think its ridiculous that Jeremy Aliadiere lost his appeal and got a 4 game ban for his gay slap on mascherano. That hardly deserves a longer ban than taylor will get
Are you freaking serious?! It was a slap, maybe FIFA and the FFA are anti-slapping, Joel Griffiths sack-wacks a linesman and just gets a yellow and a 2k AUD fine (week's pay for him, or a fortnight, idk), while Vukovic slaps the ref's wrist and he gets a 9 month ban with a 6 month probation (spelling?) period.

ratherton
Veteran Member

ScottyBoy wrote:im not one of the idiots calling for a life ban for taylor but i think its ridiculous that Jeremy Aliadiere lost his appeal and got a 4 game ban for his gay slap on mascherano. That hardly deserves a longer ban than taylor will get
Wasn't the original ban 3 matches for 'violent conduct' and then increased it because it was appealed and lost?

The FA are a bunch of muppets. I'm pretty sure they turn down a lot of appeals because if they keep resinding red cards, the accusation will be that refs aren't doing their jobs properly.

Going back to Taylor, I didn't even think the challenge was worth a red card although apparently, he was quite upset by the injury and probably would have been subbed anyway. As already said, the injury was only that bad because Eduardo's foot was planted on the ground and the time of impact. If it had been in the air, he would probably have been OK.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:
Wasn't the original ban 3 matches for 'violent conduct' and then increased it because it was appealed and lost?

The FA are a bunch of muppets. I'm pretty sure they turn down a lot of appeals because if they keep resinding red cards, the accusation will be that refs aren't doing their jobs properly.

Going back to Taylor, I didn't even think the challenge was worth a red card although apparently, he was quite upset by the injury and probably would have been subbed anyway. As already said, the injury was only that bad because Eduardo's foot was planted on the ground and the time of impact. If it had been in the air, he would probably have been OK.
yes it is because his appeal failed but it still isnt right. I think a new rule is nedded where if you are sent off for "being a wanker" you only get a one match ban

Rocky
Veteran Member

Another talent wasted.. although he was no Ronaldo

KPatel

Rocky wrote:Another talent wasted.. although he was no Ronaldo
Hardly wasted. He'll be back in training within a year.

powell
English Meister

KPatel wrote:
Rocky wrote:Another talent wasted.. although he was no Ronaldo
Hardly wasted. He'll be back in training within a year.
Within 6 months is what they say and playing in 9 month. That seems a bit rushed for me.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

see arjen robben nearly got a broken leg yesterday from a nasty tackle :evil:

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

ScottyBoy wrote:see arjen robben nearly got a broken leg yesterday from a nasty tackle :evil:
what the hell was quique alvarez thinking? His team was already down to 10 men! Arjen Robben is a lucky man.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

it was an idiots tackle
you could see robbens leg bending in slow motion.. lucky for him his foot wasnt planted
it was a great second half though :)

2brown347
Veteran Member

Off topic but is robben starting for Madrid yet, on espn.com it says he's started 6 times (which is stupid if it's true) but espn can be f-ed up sometimes.

And if quique alvarez woulda broken his leg I'd had to buy a ticket to spain to kick alvarez's ass. :lol:

shahensha
Veteran Member

yeah he plays on the left wing