Eduardo's Broken Leg :O

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
ForzaMilan
Veteran Member
Posts: 897
Joined: 22 May 2007, 01:25

Post

Ballack13 wrote:I dont think hes gonna have much of a future after that :shock: , Martin Taylor should be banned for life, hes a git.
Definitely not, the only reason people thing he should get banned for life is becauase

1)The extent of the injury, makes the challenge look alot worse than it actually was...
2)It's Eduardo, and if it was anybody else no one would be calling for Taylor to be banned for life
3)It was not intentional, just a mis-timed challenge, which happens alot against Arsenal because they move the ball so quickly
Image

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member
Posts: 2958
Joined: 25 May 2005, 21:36
Location: New York, USA

Post

ForzaMilan wrote:2)It's Eduardo, and if it was anybody else no one would be calling for Taylor to be banned for life
Actually I think if it happened to any other player on Arsenal, like Fabregas for instance, people would still be calling for Taylor to be banned.

Anyway, the challenge was just mistimed and Taylor shouldn't be banned. I don't think it was intentional.
Image

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member
Posts: 897
Joined: 22 May 2007, 01:25

Post

Croatianblood1 wrote:
ForzaMilan wrote:2)It's Eduardo, and if it was anybody else no one would be calling for Taylor to be banned for life
Actually I think if it happened to any other player on Arsenal, like Fabregas for instance, people would still be calling for Taylor to be banned.

Anyway, the challenge was just mistimed and Taylor shouldn't be banned. I don't think it was intentional.
I meant more along the lines of, if it didn't happen to a superstar, no one would care that much.
Image

Alexio1092
Veteran Member
Posts: 617
Joined: 14 Oct 2007, 13:22

Post

ForzaMilan wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:
ForzaMilan wrote:2)It's Eduardo, and if it was anybody else no one would be calling for Taylor to be banned for life
Actually I think if it happened to any other player on Arsenal, like Fabregas for instance, people would still be calling for Taylor to be banned.

Anyway, the challenge was just mistimed and Taylor shouldn't be banned. I don't think it was intentional.
I meant more along the lines of, if it didn't happen to a superstar, no one would care that much.
What if Eduardo had tackled Martin Taylor and the latter had incurred the former's injury? Would Wenger patch things up in the post-match interview/conference? Would there be so much controversy and ruffled feathers over the incident? Ballack a mistimed tackle shouldn't label him as a git automatically, the only person that can tell you that it was/wasn't intentional is Taylor himself, and he's already apologised personally.

Taylor even visisted Eduardo in hospital last night, offering apologies but missed him the first time due to a second bout of surgery, then returning later again for another go at apologising. "Eduardo is understood to have accepted Taylor's apology and last night appeared more focused on recovery than he was angry at the perpetrator". - http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=598675 - I don't care if the apology doesn't mean anything to Wenger etc but I'm glad that seems to be making up now, even if it's false or just skin-deep.

I'd think that Taylor would have a great deal of respect for someone like Eduardo, B'Ham city don't necessarily rule the roost in the EPL, while Arsenal are headed for the title strongly this year. So much respect wouldn't cause a "malicious, awful" tackle like that. I'd feel awful, and I think that even though it was studs-up/not at the ball and red-card worthy, the ban should only last 3-4 matches for some sense of closure towards Eduardo himself and to calm the waters surrounding all the controversy.

Happy birthday Eduardo, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Something's just telling me that Taylor's going to "get it" from some player with a flailing limb or he'll cop a mis-timed tackle/challenge etc..no malice of course.. :wink:

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1692
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Post

ForzaMilan wrote:
1)The extent of the injury, makes the challenge look alot worse than it actually was...
exactly, it wasnt even that horrible a tackle. It was bad, but you see far worse every couple of weeks but they arnt talked about because the "victim" walks away

powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post

yeh i agree he shouldnt be banned. I mean at the moment his life is prbley hell already. Has anyone heard of all the death threats he has been given.

And eduardo has done what the right thing by saying 'these things happen in football.' He couldnt of said anything else better, fair play and wish him well.

Think though if the tackle had just hit his leg and went down to just stud his foot or something. What do you think the card would have been yellow ?

shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Post

What happened to Eduardo was definitely unfortunate but that doesnt mean we or especially him have to be pessimistic. Football is a sport and its natural to have injuries in sports like that. Quite a few players have come back from injuries like these. Cisse broke his leg twice, once for liverpool and the second time was for France. He is still up and running now. Larsson is a prime example and hope for a comeback from horrific injury like this. He totally murked his leg when playing for Celtic and still had enough game left in him to dominate for Barcelona and lead the team to the champs league victory against arsenal.

If you think Taylor's lunge was malicious, you prolly forgot Roy Keane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF0xeo5uZmw


The way I see it, Taylor was unfrotunate enough to mistime his tackle and Eduardo was even more unfortunate to be in the receiving end of the tackle. All in all, best of luck to Eduardo. He will definitely come back strong.

TH14
Veteran Member
Posts: 576
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 22:09

Post

It's hard tos ay whether or not Taylor deserved the red. I think he does because you have to go damn hard into a tackle to snap someone's leg. But if he hadn't snapped Eduardo's leg and just studded his foot or something, he probably would've gotten a yellow. Either way, if he had gotten a yellow for his challenge on Eduardo, there would be people complaining that it should've been red.
Image
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

Ballack13
Veteran Member
Posts: 1554
Joined: 31 Mar 2007, 03:10
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Post

Alexio1092 wrote: Ballack a mistimed tackle shouldn't label him as a git automatically, the only person that can tell you that it was/wasn't intentional is Taylor himself, and he's already apologised personally.
I know that a mistimed tackle is not a ban, but If it was me who broke his leg i'd say the same thing "it was an accident" but can you really belive it? no you cant, at least i think he should be banned for the remander of the season.

Image

and by the way...he didnt seem too dissapointed.. :x

shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Post

What did you expect him to do? Clutch his face, fall to the ground, roll around and start crying? sh*t like this happens in sports. We cant do anything about it. Atleast he stood beside him after the injury instead of walking away like some dirty c**t. Plus he got a three match ban.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2175
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post

How are we suppose to know that our challenge can break a leg? I also made the same challenge once and luckily, I trapped the ball and then went for the dribbler's lower shin.

David Busst's injury was unintentional too.
Image

TH14
Veteran Member
Posts: 576
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 22:09

Post

Come on now, you should know how hard you are really going into a tackle. You know how much force and effort you are putting into it and I'm not saying that Taylor MEANT to go in extra hard but you'd have to put a lot of force into a tackle to snap a grown man's leg.
Image
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Post

well weight counts a factor too and taylor is a pretty massive fellow

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2175
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post

shahensha wrote:well weight counts a factor too and taylor is a pretty massive fellow
Plus the momentum of the slide that he was going... I mean.. who would want to break other professional's leg... I think he wanted to hurt Eduardo but not to that extent.
Image

shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Post

fir_nev wrote:
shahensha wrote:well weight counts a factor too and taylor is a pretty massive fellow
Plus the momentum of the slide that he was going... I mean.. who would want to break other professional's leg... I think he wanted to hurt Eduardo but not to that extent.
Not only that you also have take account of Eduardo's momentum and awkward foot placement.

I dont think he wanted to hurt Eduardo at all. It was just an extremely clumsy tackle. Trust me if Martin Taylor knew how to tackle properly, dont you think he would have gotten atleast one start for the English team and a place in a top flight club? If he had a sense of how to tackle he would have gotten all ball but then again Eduardo was too quick for him and got rid of the ball quickly.

I mean pay close attention to the injury footage. Eduardo replaced the ball with his leg in the midst of Taylor's tackle. If Eduardo had not passed the ball off, Taylor would have definitely hit the ball

There was absolutely no malice. It was merely an accident and injuries like these happen in sports.

Post Reply