Fav. Team

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
flyhigh19
Veteran Member

Post by flyhigh19 » 27 Dec 2007, 17:18

My favorite team is Chelsea. Then probably Newcastle.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 27 Dec 2007, 21:56

shahensha wrote:Not a huge fan of the EPL but if I had to chose it would be Arsenal
ugh another one riding the band i know far too many gooners and im from surrey.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 27 Dec 2007, 22:30

no no no, I liked them last year too even when they didnt win anything. One of the reasons I started liking them was that their football was just phenomenal. They string so many passes to each other, most of them one touch too its ridiculous. Another reason I liked them is because they have rosicky and he is one of my top fives

Another team I like is newcastle because they have owen but the sad thing is that I dont really know many teams very well because I dont watch epl............its broadcasts too early for me lol

The only teams I know are man u, newcastle, man city, arsenal, chelsea, tottenham and liverpool so yeah.

I dont mind liverpool. Have respect for gerrard and torres.

however, I hate man united and chelsea.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 27 Dec 2007, 22:35

shahensha wrote:no no no, I liked them last year too even when they didnt win anything. One of the reasons I started liking them was that their football was just phenomenal. They string so many passes to each other, most of them one touch too its ridiculous. Another reason I liked them is because they have rosicky and he is one of my top fives

Another team I like is newcastle because they have owen but the sad thing is that I dont really know many teams very well because I dont watch epl............its broadcasts too early for me lol

The only teams I know are man u, newcastle, man city, arsenal, chelsea, tottenham and liverpool so yeah.

I dont mind liverpool. Have respect for gerrard and torres.

however, I hate man united and chelsea.
Dude, your east coast bro. The earliest and EPL game is on for you is like 8am! And that's REALLY rare. Most of the broadcasts are on at like 10 or noon for ya. Come out to 2 hours behind that and try to wake up to watch games. I used to be able to do it naturally, but now I find myself sleeping til 12 too often. :P
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 27 Dec 2007, 22:38

lmao exactly man, even 12 pm for me is like too early, let alone 8 am.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 27 Dec 2007, 22:40

shahensha wrote:lmao exactly man, even 12 pm for me is like too early, let alone 8 am.
I guess La Liga comes on at like 2 for you, so breakfast time isn't it? :P
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 27 Dec 2007, 22:43

haha yeah man, such a convenient time.

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Post by chicagofirefan » 31 Dec 2007, 04:14

Ya so my favorite team would be chelsea. Mainly because of ballack.
Bulgaria is our faith, Levski is our Freedom

thisisdard
Veteran Member

Post by thisisdard » 31 Dec 2007, 04:37

Oh oh oh ! Derby County is probably the greatest team I have ever seen in my young life! If I had to play against them, I think I will be knocked out. They are so godly on the attack and I think Oakley will make C. Ronaldo cry. Howard is so wonderful! Ruud van Nistelrooy will struggle to get a 1st team position of this guy comes along! Howard scored against ManU!!! Did Ruud ever score against ManU? Nope. Who needs Cech when Derby has Price? He is absolutely fantastic and Gerrard got lucky only because he was offside. Yes, he was offside when Mc Eveley kicked the ball straight to Gerrard's feet. If you think there were 3 DC players in front of Gerrard when he scored that bummer I think you and the ref are blind. I doubt Kaka can break their defense. It's like banging your head trying to finish "Homeworld 2". What a team!

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 31 Dec 2007, 04:41

thisisdard wrote:Oh oh oh ! Derby County is probably the greatest team I have ever seen in my young life! If I had to play against them, I think I will be knocked out. They are so godly on the attack and I think Oakley will make C. Ronaldo cry. Howard is so wonderful! Ruud van Nistelrooy will struggle to get a 1st team position of this guy comes along! Howard scored against ManU!!! Did Ruud ever score against ManU? Nope. Who needs Cech when Derby has Price? He is absolutely fantastic and Gerrard got lucky only because he was offside. Yes, he was offside when Mc Eveley kicked the ball straight to Gerrard's feet. If you think there were 3 DC players in front of Gerrard when he scored that bummer I think you and the ref are blind. I doubt Kaka can break their defense. It's like banging your head trying to finish "Homeworld 2". What a team!
I couldn't agree more :lol: , but I have to chelsea is my favorite team

thisisdard
Veteran Member

Post by thisisdard » 31 Dec 2007, 04:50

2brown347 wrote:
thisisdard wrote:Oh oh oh ! Derby County is probably the greatest team I have ever seen in my young life! If I had to play against them, I think I will be knocked out. They are so godly on the attack and I think Oakley will make C. Ronaldo cry. Howard is so wonderful! Ruud van Nistelrooy will struggle to get a 1st team position of this guy comes along! Howard scored against ManU!!! Did Ruud ever score against ManU? Nope. Who needs Cech when Derby has Price? He is absolutely fantastic and Gerrard got lucky only because he was offside. Yes, he was offside when Mc Eveley kicked the ball straight to Gerrard's feet. If you think there were 3 DC players in front of Gerrard when he scored that bummer I think you and the ref are blind. I doubt Kaka can break their defense. It's like banging your head trying to finish "Homeworld 2". What a team!
Well, its alright to be a supporter of the underdog teams, like *cough* *cough* Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool,Arsenal, *cough*. I understand, however, I like to set my standards up the ladder - Derby County, the future world champions and next generation Pele's, Maldini's and Schmeichel's.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 31 Dec 2007, 04:56

thisisdard wrote:
2brown347 wrote:
Well, its alright to be a supporter of the underdog teams, like *cough* *cough* Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool,Arsenal, *cough*. I understand, however, I like to set my standards up the ladder - Derby County, the future world champions and next generation Pele's, Maldini's and Schmeichel's.
True, I hope someday chelsea can get players of derby's calaber. If only :P. But to the point 2009 derby(aka the most greatest team of all time) is taking everything, the preimership, FA cup, and everyother competion in euope. I think they will be the only team ever to win the title in other countries leagues, I have a feeling FIFA will make an acception. :lol:

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 31 Dec 2007, 06:25

when i first started paying close attention to english football, i wanted chelsea to be my favorite team solely for the reason they were the first english team i ever saw live. but watchin the games, id be put to sleep they were so boring, so i switched to the team that entertained me the most, tottenham hotspur who always seemed to put on an entertaining match. Spurs 6-4 Reading keeps assuring me i made a correct switch and ill never change.
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 31 Dec 2007, 07:22

They can be kinda boring to watch, expecially when their stars are out, but at least they're efficent :lol: . I think portsmith is one of the most entertaining teams to watch because you never know what will happen. They're a close second :wink: , but chelsea will always be numero uno. 8)

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 31 Dec 2007, 10:31

that was a bit harsh! You wait and see, theyll be relegated this year, but Paul Jewell will get up them back and theyll be a decent team in two years time in the premier league! Trust me he is a good manager.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.