Will Jose Murinho be the England manager ?

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
E10youngRonaldinho

The question above and is he the right man for the job
“God gives gifts to everyone, ... Some can write, some can dance. He gave me the skill to play football and I am making the most of it.”

[please use a sig no larger than 500x300]

dareliss
Veteran Member

as i know he cannot be england national team manager if you ment national team.... he only can represent he's country, and i think he would be a right man definatlly, but probably he will go to germnay to be a manager for some team, or france, i don't think he will stay in hes native country, he is not that kind of guy.
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

shahensha
Veteran Member

Wait cant coaches manage a team different from their own nationality? Scolari is Brazilian and he coaches the Portugal national team. Sven Goran Erikkson was Swedish and he coached England. Jose, albeit arrogant has mad managing skills........England can surely benefit.

Hugh
Veteran Member

I'm hoping and praying that he will be, but I doubt it.

keller8
Veteran Member

I hope he is.

I want England to do really well
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

soccer11
Admin

yes shahensha, a manager can manage any national team he wishes. i don't know where dareliss got his info from but if that was the case, then every Cameroonan manager would'nt have been white, and Japan's manages would have names that started with "Van" or ended with "eiger", which has been the case for Japan with Dutch and German coaches.

but Morinho should definitly be made England's manager. it would add some added flair to the team. he knows how to use the right players in the right position i.e. not using Gerrard and Lampard at the same time.

ratherton
Veteran Member

With that idiot Brian Barwick in charge of the FA, we'll end up with Sammy Lee in charge...assuming he actually decides to sack the Ginger Sven

ratherton
Veteran Member

Mourinho has said tonight he will not accept the England job if its offered to him.

He met with Barwick and Sir Trevor Brooking. There is a suggestion that AC Milan were looking to appoint Mourinho in the summer.

Apparently, the FA will meet with Capello's representatives later this week.

Hugh
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:Mourinho has said tonight he will not accept the England job if its offered to him.

He met with Barwick and Sir Trevor Brooking. There is a suggestion that AC Milan were looking to appoint Mourinho in the summer.

Apparently, the FA will meet with Capello's representatives later this week.
NOOOO!!!

The FA are still pillocks, I guess missing out on Euro didn't change that...

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

im happy with capello :D ive got a fiver on him from when he was 4/1 :wink:

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Yeah he doesn't really speek enlish that well at all so that might be a problem...

Davidson9
Veteran Member

who on england can speak Italian or Spanish or Portuguese? BECKHAM speaks spanish

shahensha
Veteran Member

Damn Scottyboy! 20 bucks thats like worth 2 grams.........sorry got a bit carried away.

Anyways, capello is a fine coach. Lead Real Madrid to a championship season. He can add a little italian flair to the national team and I certainly mean the good kind where they connect a sh**load of passes showing their unity and excellent teamwork instead of constantly bombarding the box with crosses.

Also he can get lessons and a translator. England have a shitlaod of time on their hands. They are free next summer.

Be optimistic. Many people here are quite pessimistic.

Ballack13
Veteran Member

I think mourinho would be an excellent coach for england, just look what he did for chelsea.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Ballack13 wrote:I think mourinho would be an excellent coach for england, just look what he did for chelsea.
Yeah but mourinho decided that he will not accept the job