Arsenal 07/08 form

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
powell
English Meister

and this has everything to do with form and results how ?

CentreBackBench
New User

If Henry were to rejoin Arsenal and play as a team member, in theory it would be epic.

But Arsenal did a good thing getting rid of him, although they did it relatively cheaply, he is getting old and had that groin injury that didn't seem to get any better. I think they should have held on to their money a bit better though, Eduardo doesn't seem too great yet.

Did Barca really need him? He's proving to be useful, especially with Eto'o's injury but what will happen when he's fully fit? I think the money may have been better spent, but Henry does fit into the Barcelona style of play well.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

I think Theo Walcott has finally completely arrived.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Would be better if his technique improved. I've a feeling Arsenal will win the league tho'. While Liverpool will prob fail to live up to expectations, at least, if they continue the same way they're goin now.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Wanderer wrote:Would be better if his technique improved. I've a feeling Arsenal will win the league tho'. While Liverpool will prob fail to live up to expectations, at least, if they continue the same way they're goin now.
in my opinion thats his strong point, he has a good technique what he lacks is reading of the game and he is as weak as a little girl.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

I'd hesitate to say that he has completely arrived Adam. I think that after his shoulder surgery, he has started to be able to utilize his pace better, and recently he has overcome his confidence problem and has been more effective. It used to be that he'd just hide during the whole game like he felt that he didn't belong to be out there. Now however, he is calling for the ball and getting more involved, which has in turn seen an improvement on his visible technique, which is back to what it should be. Pace wise, he is getting faster, and he is only 18, so he is still bulking up and getting stronger. It's only a matter of time before he starts scoring. However, he is still sh*t tactically. His off the ball movement is poor, he doesn't have the best vision, and he is pathetic at springing an offsides trap. That will all improve over time though. In my opinion, he will certainly come good and has the ability to be as good if not better than Henry.

As for Eduardo, you have to remember that this guy is brand new in a new country with a new language and lifestyle. He needs some settling-in time. Also, he has only started three league games, so there isn't really enough to judge in my eyes. However, he has already bagged two CL goals, so he's certainly good enough.
God damn brewery!!!

ajc
The Philly Flyer

I jumped the gun a bit saying he has completely arrived, since there are clearly still improvements to come, but what I'm trying to point out is that he is no longer anonymous on the pitch. He made the difference against Bolton by running at them. I can't think of a player who dribbles like him besides Henry. He is so much better than he was at this point last season. Walcott has always had the ability but now he's finally showing it more often than a glimpse here and there.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

His technique when passing and shooting still leaves much to be desired. Dribbling is pretty good, tho' with speed and acceleration like his, his doesn't really need class dribbling technique.Still, If he utilizes his pace and acceleration properly, he could be as good as Giggs(prime) in dribbling.

erick
Veteran Member

fabregas the best spain player and arsenal the champion

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Still awesome as of now. Crushed Steaua 7-0 today :). Fabregas won me big points.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Fabregas's second goal and Bendtner's goal was the stuff of fantasy. Absolutely amazing performance, I actually couldn't stop smiling when I was watching it.
God damn brewery!!!

ajc
The Philly Flyer

mpcarres14 wrote:Fabregas's second goal and Bendtner's goal was the stuff of fantasy. Absolutely amazing performance, I actually couldn't stop smiling when I was watching it.
I taped the game, and now I can't effing wait to watch!

Edit: Good god, what a performance!!! Even during the reign of the Invincibles, I can't recall a game like that. Walcott for the start at Anfield on Sunday? After this performance he's absolutely deserving.

keller8
Veteran Member

Davidson9 wrote:Arsenal are officially the richest club in the uk, and 3rd richest in the world
wtf? i thought man u were the richest in the world??
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Hugh
Veteran Member

keller8 wrote:
Davidson9 wrote:Arsenal are officially the richest club in the uk, and 3rd richest in the world
wtf? i thought man u were the richest in the world??

Wait what? Did they get bought by someone with more money than abamovich?

keller8
Veteran Member

oh sh*t thats right, i'm thinking of befor that
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."