Arsenal 07/08 form

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
nombrile

Arsenal does very well in the premiership and CL this season(still early..)
even if Henry is gone.
Fabregas is in torrific form. I always thought he was a excellent playmaker with great technique, but now he is one of the best all around midfielder.

I think they are a better team without Henry. They always had a great teamwork but they always gave the ball to Henry in front of the net. Now everyone have a chance.

And with his departure Adebayor and van persie knew they were the 2 main front men so it seems like they've even worked harder during the off-season. Adebayor is very impressing , I didn't knew a lot about him but this season he convince me he can be a great player.

What do you think about arsenal new season debut? Would you put Henry back in the squad right now or it would break the chemistry?

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

I love arsenal, i started following them mid season of last year. Just the way the move the ball is a joy for me, and when they score it's even better. I love ManU though, but idk who is my favorite team anymore. The way the started has been brilliant, and fabregas has been key to every single arsenal attack. He is my favorite player behind zidane of course. I think if you were to bring henry back to the squad you wouldn't work around him, but he would have to work around the team and fit into the chemistry that they have. Arsenal is going to win the premier league, but hopefully ManU might start picking it up.
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

No Henry = better arsenal team. At least for me. van Persie better get with it, though, cause he's not doing as good as he could be.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Just because you have him in your pool. :P

No, but seriously, I was thinking the exact same thing today. Arsenal are looking excellent with their current form and Henry's departure seems to have made everyone else step it up. Fabregas has been brilliant.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

nombrile

Well ManU is my fav. team too. Hope it will be a good game vs Arsenal and that ronaldo won't do a fancy trick vs fabregas in front of his goal.....

fabregas is my favorite player. I always loved the spanish team with raul, or mendieta, puyol, ramos,xavi, vicente, joaquin, torres, exteberria, etc... great players

nombrile

talking about the pool I have anelka as the cpt and in the last 2 weeks i said to myself: anelka will continue scoring but fabregas will stop someday and will just get a couple of assist. so i kept anelka as cpt and cesc prove me wrong :x

powell
English Meister

in quite a few ways i think henry leaving arsenal was a step forward for them. Looking at last seaosn when every henry played they stopped playing together and just relied on henry taking them forward.

Now hes gone i think there playing together alot more and playing for each other aswell. I know that have surprised many including me but keeping fabergas was a massive boost for the side.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Fabregas has stepped up to another level this season and it seems like Adebayor has as well, Henry not being at the team has allowed several of their players to step out of his shadow. Wenger has also made very good signings in the likes of Sagna and Eduardo. Sagna looks a solid, quick right back and Eduardo looks like he can do just about everything, he can dribble, score, head the ball, hes quick.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

In my opinion Arsenal have been absolutely stunning this season. Besides Van Persie every player is in terrific form. What I've been most impressed with is that they can score goals in so many different ways. For example, Eduardo's goal against Sevilla was something that you'd picture as an "Arsenal goal", carving up the defense and passing the ball into the net. But on the other hand Fabregas, Adebayor, and now Diaby have scored some fantastic long range goals as well, and they've gotten a few goals from set pieces. Fabregas and others have been able to accurately play the strikers in behind from 40+ yards as well. The bottom line is that they are almost always looking a threat to score. They're looking capable of bringing home a lot of silverware this year, and regardless of that, the football their playing is simply breathtaking. And to think that a few weeks ago people were questioning whether Arsenal would even make the top 4... Also, Sagna has been phenominal. Eboue is definately going to have to play in midfield when he returns because Sagna's play has been near perfect.

Saibomb
Veteran Member

yup arsenal is playing incredibly well and defiantly can win the league and even champions league if they keep it up which i hope they do.

KPatel

Keep in mind though, Arsenal have played only 2 of their last six matches away from home. Good form yes, but they've been at home most of the time. No need to start getting irritated, I'm just pointing something out.

steve-0
Veteran Member

they are in terrific form. fabregas is finally scoring some goals. im watchin teh derby game. diaby's playin great as a wide mifielder. did u c that goal he scored? aresenal has always been 1 of my favorite teams to watch.

with henry gone, arsenal doesn't really hav 1 person to depend on, so everyone has to step up their game.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Real_Zidane wrote:No Henry = better arsenal team. At least for me. van Persie better get with it, though, cause he's not doing as good as he could be.
I AGREE 100000%. HENRY=NOT THE sh*t. VAN PERSIE=THE sh*t. Srry for the caps lol I just had to stress the point :lol:

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Looks like someone just started watching football within the past year...
God damn brewery!!!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

It is still hard to tell how much of an impact Henry can still make, but there is no doubt at all that Henry single handedly won Arsenal many games in the past.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin