Is Man City a contender or a pretender

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
E10youngRonaldinho

Question Posted
“God gives gifts to everyone, ... Some can write, some can dance. He gave me the skill to play football and I am making the most of it.”

[please use a sig no larger than 500x300]

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

are you joking m8 :lol: they dont have a hope in hell why are you even asking this :shock: no offence

Norm

Solid defence, great manager (no doubt he will fix problems when they occur), exciting to watch and they're looking quite good this year..

Contender for Europe at least.

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

man city a contender?...Please you can't judge their form for the season after only like 4 games.

Shifty_FSU
Veteran Member

Well it's a good start.

Never Under-estimate.
Expect the Unexpected.
Fight for the name on the front, n they'll remember the name on the back.

http://pitch.co/entry/46412
^Vote please? :)

Hugh
Veteran Member

Screw Man City! If Liverpool doesn't win it I want Sunderland! How great would that be? What sock in the face for Chelsea and Man U, spending so much money on all those players, and then being beaten out by the underdog, that would be even better than last year when they went from 27th place to 1st!

guion23

I think Man City this year, will have the same run that Portsmouth did last year. They're good but they just don't have a deep enough bench so when one of their key players gets injured they'll run into trouble. I think MAYBE they can make Europe but don't get your hopes too high.

NIKE IT UP.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Norm wrote:Solid defence, great manager (no doubt he will fix problems when they occur), exciting to watch and they're looking quite good this year..

I strongly disagree with your point about the manager. Anyone who takes 4 strikers to a World Cup - 2 were injured, 1 was still in nappies (daipers for you Americans) and 1 is a giraffe - can't be described as "great".

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

I think eventually, quality will show itself.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:
Norm wrote:Solid defence, great manager (no doubt he will fix problems when they occur), exciting to watch and they're looking quite good this year..

I strongly disagree with your point about the manager. Anyone who takes 4 strikers to a World Cup - 2 were injured, 1 was still in nappies (daipers for you Americans) and 1 is a giraffe - can't be described as "great".
True, but it's not like Darren Bent, Jermaine Defoe, or Andy Johnson would have made England WC Champions if they were in the squad.
God damn brewery!!!

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Possibly they could make Europe, but it will be very tough for them even to do that, the new signings are still gelling in and it will take time for them to really hit top form, i think theyll have a tricky middle part of the season, which will be the defining moment of their season.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

ratherton
Veteran Member

mpcarres14 wrote:
ratherton wrote:

True, but it's not like Darren Bent, Jermaine Defoe, or Andy Johnson would have made England WC Champions if they were in the squad.
Bent was the leading English scorer in the Premiership and he was playing up front by himself for a crap team. He deserves more of a chance than he has been given.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Hugh wrote:Screw Man City! If Liverpool doesn't win it I want Sunderland! How great would that be? What sock in the face for Chelsea and Man U, spending so much money on all those players, and then being beaten out by the underdog, that would be even better than last year when they went from 27th place to 1st!
However this year Chelsea only spent money on Belleti. Liverpool and Man U have been spending a lot on players though.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

There's no doubt that Bent deserves more of a chance in the England squad. I'm just making sure that you didn't think that Sven's forward selections were the reason why England didn't particularly succeed.
God damn brewery!!!

guion23

There were a lot of reasons why England didn't win the world cup, they can't take pk's is one of the main reasons and that has nothing to do with strikers. Sven's picks could have been better though. Rooney was injured and he ended up getting sent off anyway. Walcott wasn't ready. Owen loves injuries. Crouch just looks goofy. Regardless of his Striker choices, however, Sven is a decent manager and fixing problems when they occur is something he can do if he has enough cash flow.

NIKE IT UP.