Manchester United: Poor Form this season?

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
ballackfan
Veteran Member

Actually you know what I think this season will be the toughest season for the big clubs, like you can't predict who is going to win each week, now that's exciting. Anyone watch Ligue 1? Try getting it right on Golaco. :roll:

KPatel

steve-0 wrote:the last time united tied their first two bpl games, they won the treble. never b worried bout united.

BECKHAM BECKHAM
Since we're on the topic of observing pointless omens,
The last 6 Premiership champions have won their opening game.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

A draw at portsmouth is normal. It's not the end of the world.

thisisdard
Veteran Member

It's not the end of the world, yes, but the fact that they conceded a goal could mean trouble in the UEFA when they face harder opponents.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

ballackfan wrote:Actually you know what I think this season will be the toughest season for the big clubs, like you can't predict who is going to win each week, now that's exciting. Anyone watch Ligue 1? Try getting it right on Golaco. :roll:
I used to watch Ligue 1, but it has become less and less entertaining each year so I stopped. If I happen to see marseille playing I will watch though.

thisisdard
Veteran Member

Well this article was just written now as the half time whistle blew:
Geovanni has scored via an Elano assisst.

Man City vs Man Utd: Blow by blow LIVE

Singapore, 19 August, 2007 (espnstar.com)

44th min - Nani a yard wide.

42nd min - Gorgeous feet from Tevez, yet he fails to find a confused looking Carrick as the furthest forward United player.

39th min - Schmeichel spills one and Richards cleans up. First sign of nerves from the 20 year old keeper. Scholes can't benefit.

38th min - Oles from the crowd at Eastlands. They are determined to enjoy the superiority for as long as it lasts.

33rd min - BOOKED Wes Brown collects his yellow card. It's been coming, let's be honest.

32nd min - GOAL What a turn up for the books. City go ahead with their first shot on target as Geovanni shows some magic by curling one in from outside the box. If a Brazilian had scored that we'd be talking about it for weeks. What's that? He IS Brazilian?

Frank Stapleton thinks United have "dominated" while City are just "sitting back and trying to catch them on the break".

29th min - More delicious footwork from Nani. No end result though.

27th min - Richards says "thou shall not pass" to Tevez once again, mopping up nicely at the back following a clever run from the Argentinian.

24th min - Patrice Evra pops up where Tevez wanted to be, wildly slashing wide when in on goal. What a chance wasted. Sir Alex wants a penalty.

21st min - Micah Richards saves City from a bursting through the middle Tevez

19th min - More profit down the left from United. One corner, followed by another. It's "all Manchester United so far" says John Dykes.

17th min - Nani denied by Schmeichel again. This duel will run and run you feel.

15th min - Wes Brown gives Martin Petrov something to think about, ruthlessly chopping him down by the touchline. Ref Clattenburg leaves him in no doubt his next foul will see him booked.

13th min - Nani is seeing a lot of the ball. Seems like Sir Alex wants him to press on against the home defence.

10th min - Things have settled somewhat. City are slowly finding their feet.

7th min - Bojinov is substituted after going over on his ankle. Not the best of starts for the home side. Mpenza gets on the pitch far earlier than he would have expected.

5th min - All United early on. Nani brings a fine save from the young Schmeichel. Like father like son, although dad's loyalties must be severely tested taoday

3rd minute - A spot of Latin temperament from Carlos Tevez as he fails to receive the ball as he wishes. The City fans love it!

Here we go – City to kick off.

It's 4-3-3 for visitors United, a solid 4-4-2 for City at home. Can United reverse their slow start to the season - can City continue their best Premiership start? Keep it here with espnstar.com to find out what's happening at Eastlands.

Team starting lineups:

Man City
Schmeichel, Corluka, Garrido, Dunne, Richards, Hamann, Elano, Geovanni, Johnson, Petrov, Bojinov
Subs: Hart, Onuoha, Ball, Bianchi, Mpenza

Man Utd
van der Sar, Brown, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick, Giggs, Nani, Hargreaves, Scholes, Tevez.
Subs: Kuszczak, Campbell, Eagles, O'Shea, Silvestre

heiky0711

At half time I'd say from United's point of view that they dominated the game with possession and good movement especially from Nani. Hargreaves played well also. But a lack of killer instincts in front of the goal let us ( United ) down :( . City struggled but with a good strike from giovanni puts them in front. From replay, it looks like a deflection but i think it was a skill as he curled from the outside of his right boot which makes a wonderful goal.

My Latest Football Vlog: https://youtu.be/AAmtqY6kjFM
Subscribe my YT channel: http://bit.do/theheiky11
My blog http://soccer-tricks.blogspot.com

thisisdard
Veteran Member

Nani's been subbed for Eagles... :arrow:

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

Flyingmoose wrote:I think man city will win, I also think that they will clinch a uefa cup spot.
Man city won! what did I say? First it's mexico vs. Brazil now it's man city vs. Man u

belija91
Veteran Member

haha yeh it just finished 15 mins ago or so.. Tevez had a bad game.. man u were dominating but they just couldn't score
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Oh well, it's a good thing that none of the other big clubs could get a good result. So it's not that bad.

soccer11
Admin

right now...Ratherton is dancing somewhere. this is what he's wanted

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Ouch, poor form, what more can I say.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

We are doing absolutely everything but score. Someone just get some balls and put the ball in the back of the net!!!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Once that happens, I hope that it starts rolling along...
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin