Manchester United: Poor Form this season?

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
thisisdard
Veteran Member

They beat Chelski in the CS but have only managed to draw against lower ranked teams. Rooney is injured. C.Ronaldo is suspended. Is Giggs still at his prime? Heinze isn't starting. What is happening? They invested millions of $$$ ...... :oops:

steve-0
Veteran Member

the last time united tied their first two bpl games, they won the treble. never b worried bout united.

BECKHAM BECKHAM

ajc
The Philly Flyer

This Sunday's game should be really interesting. Man Utd desperately need a win, but Man City have been on fire so far this year and you never know what can happen in a derby game. If Man U don't take all three points and the Chelsea-Liverpool game produces a winner they will be six or seven points off the pace after only one week.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Man U look complacent after last season. It's like they just expect teams to roll over and die when they play against Man U. Ferguson needs to start throwing boots and overall give his team a swift kick in the ass before the season is lost.
God damn brewery!!!

soccer11
Admin

lets not forget that we're only 2 games in. they have plenty of time to come back. i'm not going to worry unless they keep their weak form going into middle of september-early october. Chelsea didn't exactly look too great in their game against Birmingham city and neither did Liverpool from what i saw (i didn't see the game but i saw highlights and commentary on it) and Arsenal needed a late goal to win as well. none of the big teams looked amazing.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

soccer11 wrote:none of the big teams looked amazing.
No they didn't, but they got the points, which is all that will matter at the end of the season.

thisisdard
Veteran Member

True. Only points will matter at the end of it all but can they get those points?

A red card to their "playmaker", many players injured, the new guys still need time to settle in, not a very good way to start the year... They seem much more vulnerable now but by next season hopefully they might realise their full potential...

Odd lineup this week... They seem to have put in the rivals against each other on purpose on the same Gameweek. Chelsea vs. Liverpool, Man. City vs Man U, etc.

steve-0
Veteran Member

im thinking arsenal might struggle this season. they pulled an arsenal by comming from behind on sunday, but im guessing they're gonna struggle to score.

dareliss
Veteran Member

well champions can't be champions again i think chelsea has good chances this year, and man city. cause manchester is not able to break other teams defense think of them playing with liverpool or chelsea.
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

thisisdard
Veteran Member

With regards to breaking team's defenses and coming from behind to break them...

Did anyone see Fulham's GK in the game vs Arsenal? Warner, that's his name. He was a frickin' brick wall against the Arsenal opposition. Even the great Arsenal strikers couldn't get past him. It's a wonder that he's actually not part of any national team. And there's also the GK of FC Reading who stopped Man U's chances. Is this year going to be the battle of the goalies? If it is, ManU better take the teams much more seriously. Some defenders are getting smarter and more cunning than before.

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

I think man city will win, I also think that they will clinch a uefa cup spot.

Francis8
Veteran Member

mpcarres14 wrote: Ferguson needs to start throwing boots and overall give his team a swift kick in the ass before the season is lost.
I think the best choice in that case would be Soft Ground Vapors..that oughta hurt.

but Man U seem to overrate themselves now. they are starting to play lazy and still expect to win and get the same results as last season. thats why u never look back at games or seasons, even if u played well. if ronaldo doesnlt perform this season, he isn;t worth the hype...........and probably never will be again unless he seriously works his ass off.
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

soccer11
Admin

since rooney's gone, they should go with a 4-3-3, kind of like they did in the Champions league after and before Larrson. obviously the four in the back and in the midfield have Scholes, Carrick, and Hargreaves. up front have Tevez flanked by C.ronaldo and Giggs flanking him as wingers. Giggs is not a striker but would do great in a winger position as would c.ronaldo.

steve-0
Veteran Member

thisisdard wrote:With regards to breaking team's defenses and coming from behind to break them...

Did anyone see Fulham's GK in the game vs Arsenal? Warner, that's his name. He was a frickin' brick wall against the Arsenal opposition.
that's hella true. i thot i was the only one who noticed. he's been at fulham for a while i think, but he's not the starting keeper. i just finished watching an old man u vs fulham match from 2/6/06 and i saw him in the corner sitting on the bench. he was amazing. he was unfortunate to drop the ball in the rain yesterday tho.

thisisdard
Veteran Member

steve-0 wrote:
thisisdard wrote:With regards to breaking team's defenses and coming from behind to break them...

Did anyone see Fulham's GK in the game vs Arsenal? Warner, that's his name. He was a frickin' brick wall against the Arsenal opposition.
that's hella true. i thot i was the only one who noticed. he's been at fulham for a while i think, but he's not the starting keeper. i just finished watching an old man u vs fulham match from 2/6/06 and i saw him in the corner sitting on the bench. he was amazing. he was unfortunate to drop the ball in the rain yesterday tho.
I'm not sure but I think he's just a reserve. But if he is just a reserve, I guess it would be great if they brought him out more often for more experience. He works hard. 8)