David Beckham

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
ratherton
Veteran Member

So, the Ginger Sven has swallowed some pride and recalled Beckham to the England squad for the friendly against Brazil next friday and the Euro 2008 Group E match in Estonia the following Wednesday.

Michael Owen also played the full 90 minutes of a B international and is also in the squad.

Darren Bent has once again been left out because he doesn't play for a big club in favour of Alan Smith who plays every now and then for Man U when Sir Alex wants to rest players.

Viduka
Veteran Member

LOL The level of sour sarcasm in that post Ratherton was halirious. And to be honest. I think DB coming back is a good thing, I dont know why everyone hates him so. Its his football that counts not money or fame.

cesar
Sophomore Member

wha...a friendly between england and brasil??? anyone have the channel or schedule?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Has he swallowed enough pride to make him captain again?
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

No, I think Terry is still going to be captain.

ratherton
Veteran Member

cesar wrote:wha...a friendly between england and brasil??? anyone have the channel or schedule?
It'll be rubbish. If you want to see an exciting game this week, watch Derby v WBA in the Championship play-off final on Monday. The winners get promoted to the Premier League and with the new TV deal, this is richest match in history for the winners.

England v Brazil, Friday 1st June, Wembley Stadium. Starts about 8pm BST (British Summer Time)

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Beckham has been in great form recently i'll admit and it's good that he is playing for England again and IMO I would choose Bent over AJ and Smith any day. Well, it's pretty close between AJ and DB but I think I would go with DB.

woo, 900 posts!

Hugh
Veteran Member

The only thing I'm worried about now is that putting Beckham back on the pitch will encourage england to play long balls.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Real_Zidane wrote:Beckham has been in great form recently i'll admit and it's good that he is playing for England again and IMO I would choose Bent over AJ and Smith any day. Well, it's pretty close between AJ and DB but I think I would go with DB.

woo, 900 posts!
Yeah I like DB too. Smith is nothing special, IMO.

Btw, congrats on 900 posts.

Saibomb
Veteran Member

Beckham won't help at all, the majority of the players on the team just have to start playing better.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Wait wait, Owen is back on the A team?!?!

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

He played the last game with the "B" team but I think he's playing on "A" now.

Viduka
Veteran Member

Saibomb wrote:Beckham won't help at all, the majority of the players on the team just have to start playing better.
I dont know why people fail to remember this but when England were playing so crap in the world cup. Beckham set up I think all of Crouch's goal which happened to let england pass through..
Also the long balls will be good. Take Lampard off. Beckham On. And the english team might actually be able to play football instead of running around like headless chickens.

cesar
Sophomore Member

ratherton wrote:
cesar wrote:wha...a friendly between england and brasil??? anyone have the channel or schedule?
It'll be rubbish. If you want to see an exciting game this week, watch Derby v WBA in the Championship play-off final on Monday. The winners get promoted to the Premier League and with the new TV deal, this is richest match in history for the winners.

England v Brazil, Friday 1st June, Wembley Stadium. Starts about 8pm BST (British Summer Time)
thanks for the info ratherton!!!! =D