Chelsea is the best team in Champions League

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
cyxstudio
Senior Member
Posts: 157
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 14:44

Post

Chelsea is the best team in the Champions league this season. But the best teams don't always win! I watch Chelsea playing, every match from Group stage until Semi Final.

They were in the "dead" group where their rival Barcelona and German giant Wreder Bremen. They made it to the qualifiers amazingly. Chelsea won Barcelona 1-0 home and 2-2 draw at away.

They were 1 goal down at Stamford Bridge when Ricardo Quresma scored. But they were fearless, they play confidently and came back to the game. Ballack's goal made the boo's become applause. Then they play against Valencia. Again they were not the "hot" choices to be the semi finalist. Especially when they drew 1-1 at Stamford Bridge. At the Champions league not much can win at away. Jose Mourinho proved that nothing is impossible. They gained an impressive away 2-1 victory. And actually they were one goal down at half time. Shevchenko and Essien brought Chelsea into the semi final!! They were one step closer to their dreams, the European Glory. Many didn't expect them to be this far.

At the semi final first leg, fans once again believe that Chelsea will lose despite their draw to Newcastle. But the Champions-like fears nothing. Joe Cole scored to give Chelsea a win. With a little more finishing Liverpool would have been 3-0 down. Albeloa's got away with his handball is also an unfair decision to Chelsea. At the second leg, they were more hardworking, trying to get a goal after Agger's equaliser. Chelsea finally falls, so late in the game!!

Chelsea never has their heads down. They are proud of the blue lion on their jersey. They are always the team that create miracles. They are outstanding. I respect them. I admire them. They are the best team, now and ever.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: 11 Aug 2006, 17:36

Post

Chelsea were ok... I think Liverpool are the real stars of the CL. Heck, I would even put Man U ahead of Chelsea in the CL. After coming from a 2-1 Roma defeat to completely destroy them 7-1 is absolute magic.
Image

cyxstudio
Senior Member
Posts: 157
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 14:44

Post

Real_Zidane wrote:Chelsea were ok... I think Liverpool are the real stars of the CL. Heck, I would even put Man U ahead of Chelsea in the CL. After coming from a 2-1 Roma defeat to completely destroy them 7-1 is absolute magic.
Should say, all English teams were fantastic, except... Arsenal...

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3767
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada

Post

Seeing as Liverpool are in the final, I'll take them in the CL over Chelsea. :wink:
Image

KPatel
Moderator
Posts: 1052
Joined: 15 Jul 2006, 20:51

Post

Arbeloa's handball would have resulted in a free kick, not a penalty. So, enough whinging. Who are you, Martin Luther?

cyxstudio
Senior Member
Posts: 157
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 14:44

Post

I didn't expect Chelsea to be that far, so as many. When Quresma scored his goal at The Bridge. I thought Chelsea will lose at the half time. When Chelsea drew 1-1 at Stamford Bridge again against Valencia, many think they won't make it through. And many think that Chelsea will lose at Stamford Bridge against Liverpool or Liverpool will score some away goals due to the injuries they suffered but they denied it. I say they are amazing cause the made all the come backs.

Especially against Barcelona at Nou Camp, i thought Chelsea finally lost, i was about to switch t the TV off, then i hold back, i talk to myself, just see the last cross from Essien, Essien crossed it, Terry header pass, Drogba chest, dribble past Puyol and scored and equaliser. This was like magic, i swear, like magic.
I remember every scene of that goal, clearly playing in my mind.

sandiovive
Senior Member
Posts: 190
Joined: 07 Feb 2007, 23:20
Location: Esteli, Nicaragua

Post

KPatel wrote:Arbeloa's handball would have resulted in a free kick, not a penalty. So, enough whinging. Who are you, Martin Luther?
Exactly, cant Chelsea fans just shut up about that!

LIverpool deserved to win what about kuyts goal that was dissalowed!
Image

powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post

cyxstudio wrote:Chelsea is the best team in the Champions league this season. But the best teams don't always win! I watch Chelsea playing, every match from Group stage until Semi Final.

They were in the "dead" group where their rival Barcelona and German giant Wreder Bremen. They made it to the qualifiers amazingly. Chelsea won Barcelona 1-0 home and 2-2 draw at away.

They were 1 goal down at Stamford Bridge when Ricardo Quresma scored. But they were fearless, they play confidently and came back to the game. Ballack's goal made the boo's become applause. Then they play against Valencia. Again they were not the "hot" choices to be the semi finalist. Especially when they drew 1-1 at Stamford Bridge. At the Champions league not much can win at away. Jose Mourinho proved that nothing is impossible. They gained an impressive away 2-1 victory. And actually they were one goal down at half time. Shevchenko and Essien brought Chelsea into the semi final!! They were one step closer to their dreams, the European Glory. Many didn't expect them to be this far.

At the semi final first leg, fans once again believe that Chelsea will lose despite their draw to Newcastle. But the Champions-like fears nothing. Joe Cole scored to give Chelsea a win. With a little more finishing Liverpool would have been 3-0 down. Albeloa's got away with his handball is also an unfair decision to Chelsea. At the second leg, they were more hardworking, trying to get a goal after Agger's equaliser. Chelsea finally falls, so late in the game!!

Chelsea never has their heads down. They are proud of the blue lion on their jersey. They are always the team that create miracles. They are outstanding. I respect them. I admire them. They are the best team, now and ever.
hey i just read this but, how known is this forum getting! We now have jose mourninho as a memeber.

Seriously though, it was a freekick if anything. Sencond leg we scored. had a great penaltey spotter in goal. Had that last chance in the dying minutes which would of won it but kuyt looked to tired to hit it home. We hit the bar, and had a goal disallowed which shouldnt of been. And chelsea had a shot which makes "cheslea better team"

So now tell me who is better ?

Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2863
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver

Post

I applaud your ballsiness for saying this, since Chelsea fans tend to get ripped to shreds whenever they try to say why Chelsea is a good team; that being said I think it's both Liverpool and Chelsea which are the best, that's why they had to go to penalties. That's the way the game's played, I would prefer to have a game 3 on a neutral ground but that's the way it goes.

ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post

I think at this point the only two teams that can even be considered are Milan and Liverpool. I'd choose Milan since I believe they are a better team, but it's very close, and I can understand why people will think otherwise. I can't quite get how Chelsea could be the best team in the champions league though...

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6202
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post

ajc wrote:I think at this point the only two teams that can even be considered are Milan and Liverpool. I'd choose Milan since I believe they are a better team, but it's very close, and I can understand why people will think otherwise. I can't quite get how Chelsea could be the best team in the champions league though...
How would those teams even be considered the best!?! :roll:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

KPatel
Moderator
Posts: 1052
Joined: 15 Jul 2006, 20:51

Post

Let's all have a go at Mourinho. AHAHAHA

eugene
Sophomore Member
Posts: 34
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 03:53

Post

uhh Chelsea? No, I'm sorry but not this season in the CL. First if you want to talk about not giving up Man Utd and Roma is a much finer example in comeback play and cheering by the fans. Old Trafford will never be underestimated again by any team even with a advantage.

Milano
New User
Posts: 15
Joined: 21 May 2007, 13:14

Post

Chelsea are a great team...But if they were the best in the champions league woudn't they be in (or win) the final?

Snoopyx623
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: 21 May 2006, 02:14

Post

powell wrote: hey i just read this but, how known is this forum getting! We now have jose mourninho as a memeber.

Seriously though, it was a freekick if anything. Sencond leg we scored. had a great penaltey spotter in goal. Had that last chance in the dying minutes which would of won it but kuyt looked to tired to hit it home. We hit the bar, and had a goal disallowed which shouldnt of been. And chelsea had a shot which makes "cheslea better team"

So now tell me who is better ?
I'm a Chelsea Fan, but Liverpool is a pretty nice team. Especially Kuyt and Riise. I agree with you Powell.

Jose Mourinho is really a member??
Image

Post Reply