AC Milan vs Liverpool who will WIN ?

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
Ic3

I don't believe it was a handball, but I don't want to argue something which I am not sure about.

Secondly, the first half I believed was dominated by Liverpool. However, the second half belonged mostly to Milan. Though I would have liked to see more out of Kaka (he was out of it this game), I believe that AC Milan deserved this win.

Nonetheless, Liverpool had heart and didn't quit till the whistle; kudos to them. Not the best game, but a win is a win.

Until next year my friends. And keep in mind, Euro 2008 is afoot :).

soccer11
Admin

KPatel wrote:I could have sworn that the first goal was a handball. :cry: I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight
o well for you guys, it's how it goes. you can't say Liverpool wasn't a little lucky during their run to the 2005 championship and even at the game where there was one particular instance i remember that wasn't called.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

forza MILANNNN :P
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Its the same as 2005, the best team didn't win that night either.

Inzaghi's first goal wasn't handball. If any of the goals were dodgy, it was Kuyt's who was definitely offside.

soccer11
Admin

ratherton wrote:Its the same as 2005, the best team didn't win that night either.

Inzaghi's first goal wasn't handball. If any of the goals were dodgy, it was Kuyt's who was definitely offside.
YESS!!! finally someone agrees with me. my dad wouldnt belive me when i told him it was offsides...i thought it was definitly offsides

powell
English Meister

i cant show i good reply becuase i am at school but the only way he can be offside is when kewell heads it on. Becuase after kewell filcks it, an ac milan player gets a sligh touch on it. But ill have another proper look later.

we were unfortunate to lose in the end but we did in the end. gerard didnt perform, i think he should put his old boots back on ... i know it may seem im moaning which im not but did anyone notice how early the ref blew

Milano
New User

All I can say is...I told you so.

Magicfeet

Crouch should definately have come on sooner. Kaka had said they were worried about the threat of Giant Peter - Perhaps Benitez could have utilized him a bit sooner? Crouch is exceptionally difficult to play against, and would no doubt have created a few more chances for Gerrard to come on to. But nomatter.

It's probably fair in the long run. Milan should have won in 2005, Liverpool perhaps should have won it last night. That, my friends, is football.

MAGICMAN
New User

Liverpool was dominating the first half but Milan keeped a pace and rush them in the second. I have recorded the game, and replaying (even in slow motion) Inzaghi first goal was a hand ball (the freekick bounced off his upper arm to his hand then to goal) but I don't think the ref could see it because it was behind the wall. But you cant change the past Milan played a good second half, so Milan, good luck.

powell
English Meister

yeh true i think looking at the ball when kewell touched it kuyt was level with the defender anyway i think magicfeet sumed it up nicley. thats football.

So bring on the champions league 2008!!

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Nah...I jz tot the players din hav enough heart...like for the 2nd goal....after the pass from Kaka to Inzaghi....once Kaka released the ball....Carragher/Risse/Agger shud hav been racing back to the goal line...if they did,there was that chance of preventin the goal....but they jz stood there...
In the 2005...when Traore lost the ball to Kaka...the whole team wud be racin back to defend....
I would say that the team of 2005 had more heart...If you watched the 2005 final again...you wud hav seen Gerrard workin hardest and givin 100 percent(after 45 min)...but in tis final...not much was seen of him....except when he missed that chance...I wud say that the 2005 team deserved to win...2007 team deserved to lose....2007 team din giv 100 percent...

powell
English Meister

Wanderer wrote:Nah...I jz tot the players din hav enough heart...like for the 2nd goal....after the pass from Kaka to Inzaghi....once Kaka released the ball....Carragher/Risse/Agger shud hav been racing back to the goal line...if they did,there was that chance of preventin the goal....but they jz stood there...
In the 2005...when Traore lost the ball to Kaka...the whole team wud be racin back to defend....
I would say that the team of 2005 had more heart...If you watched the 2005 final again...you wud hav seen Gerrard workin hardest and givin 100 percent(after 45 min)...but in tis final...not much was seen of him....except when he missed that chance...I wud say that the 2005 team deserved to win...2007 team deserved to lose....2007 team din giv 100 percent...
what and milan had heart? Knowone deserved to lose, im trying to say this from netural now tho. If we didnt have heart we would have given up long before the 88th minute. We didnt deserve to lose, we had more possesion and chances but didnt take them.

Saying what you said is like me now saying milan didnt have heart otherwise they would have marked kuyt when he scored.

P.s can you please try write properly it really agravates me sometimes cheers.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Liverpool couldn't convert possession into chances and Milan made some dumb mistakes, but overall it didn't stand out to me that Liverpool were unlucky not to win. Milan had some good opportunities as well. I think a 1 goal win for Milan was an okay result based on the run of play. Liverpool could've won if they had been more incisive in the final third, but they weren't. It doesn't mean that they should've won and were unlucky, it just means they didn't quite do enough to win.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Since I have time, I'll help clarify this.

The Inzaghi deflection was off the top of his chest, the only reason for this is that he turned just in time. If it made contact with his arm, it would've deflected farther in the other direction. You can kinda call wut him did a nodding chest (sorta like a nodding header).

They didn't field Crouch that early because Mascherano was doing a really good job of holding down Kaka'. Notice how after he went off how free Kaka' was to move the ball and eventually send that through ball to Inzaghi for the finishing.

Kaka' could've done better. He was honestly playing a little bit selfish. He played like he really wanted that goal and he wouldn't use his teammates to help him get there. As most people could've seen in the second half, everytime he got the ball, he would just run right down the middle, even when there are teammates on his wing and he's being chased or marked by 3-5 defenders. That's where the turnovers came from.

And of course, Gerrard wasn't playing too confidently I dont think. He didn't make use of the ball (and he didn't get it alot either) and you could see his shots were very unstable and/or they didn't pack any threatening power in them.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

do any of you think the liverpool defenders, had not all 3 of them been looking at the linesman, could have possibly stopped the ball from crossing for milans 2nd goal. i think they may have, had they sprinted to the goal line.
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP