New players for madrid

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
Lopez

New players for madrid

Post by Lopez » 23 Jan 2005, 21:03

On several german soccer magazines were articles about real madrid.
figo asked today for contact to talk about his contract which will end in 2006.
in the magazines they were always saying that real is searching for new players cause zidane said, he doesn't know if he will stay as long as his contract goes, figo's contract ends in 2006 and they are looking for a new player on r. carlos position too.
i don't know if that's true , and i also don't know which players are on madrids list.
i mean they always had and have the best , no doubt about that.

hope this will be a good and exciting discussion : )

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 24 Jan 2005, 07:16

Having good players doesn't anways equate to having a good team. That, I believe is probably one of the most interesting aspects of the game. Whenever you get a number of expensive footballers on one club, they become the antagonist side of their entire league.
I think that Real is way past its prime and will probably fade out in the next few seasons. Not to mention how well Barcelona is doing (after almost 10 years in the shadow of Valencia and Real).

Lopez

Post by Lopez » 24 Jan 2005, 16:05

Yeah right, they'll fade away thats true. In the past 3-4 years they lost a lot of their prestige, especially in Champions League for example against Leverkusen or Juventus which totally ripped Real apart. Or the really
unbelievable bad game against Barcelona, this was such a shame for Madrid. The whole world was laughing about Madrid after these Events when the "galactics" became blamed.

But that's really interesting, i've never thought about your sentence that good players won't make a good team. I would like to know the reasons why it doesn't work, i mean they have the class and also the possibilities.
Can't they get along with each other or are there just too many now?

madridfc
Veteran Member

Post by madridfc » 26 Jan 2005, 02:15

to have a good team, you need skills and personalities that complement eachother. for instance, i was reading an article once that said that there are two types of teams:
1. players are all hard workers but don't necessarily have the talent
2. players are all very skilled and technically sound, but don't work hard on defense when the ball is lost
and both teams struggle to win games. so you need the right blend of players that work hard and are talented. i'm not sure if i can relate this to real madrid, but it is certainly a problem at younger ages
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

madridfc
Veteran Member

Post by madridfc » 26 Jan 2005, 02:16

of course, this is just one problem and it could be different aspects of all these galacticos' talents that don't work well together
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

Lopez

Post by Lopez » 27 Jan 2005, 16:08

you're right madridfc, that could be a reason
"There're always people who tell you that you won't make it. That's really hard. But something in me said that i'm gonna make it. It was a dream i had to fulfill." - Kaká

Post by Guest » 10 Mar 2005, 14:11

al madrid need is joaqim,he'd destroy any defence in europe n has the potential to be beter than zidane!

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 11 Mar 2005, 01:38

did you mean joaquin, or is that some player i don't know of? i don't know that real madrid will "fade away," but i do know that they're not as great as they used to be. they're still in the race to win la liga though, so don't count them out just yet

erivera

Post by erivera » 11 Mar 2005, 01:43

I think that Fernando Torres NEEDS to move to Real Madrid. But this is only in my dreams because he syas he plans to stay with Athletico de Madrid.
Like i said, IN MY DREAMS

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 11 Mar 2005, 01:44

ha. there are about a million players that would really help real madrid.

erivera

Post by erivera » 11 Mar 2005, 01:48

Lopez wrote:In the past 3-4 years they lost a lot of their prestige
Im sorry Lopez but i would have to disagree with you. According to FSW Real Madrid is right behind ManUtd when it comes to which team is wealthiest. Im not sure about the losing money part, but being second richest in the world doesn't imply your statement.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 11 Mar 2005, 18:30

How about Chelsea, they are the richest aren't they? And Barcelona have money to burn also.

I think Real Madrid is a good team but they have too many old players. This is the line up I would like to see next year.

----------------------------- Iker Casillas------------------------

M. Salgado -------- I. Helguera ------- Samuel---------- R. Carlos

----------------------- D. Beckham -------T. Graveson-------------

L. Figo --------------------------------------------------- Z. Zidane

----------------------------- Raul -------------------------------

---------------------------- M. Owen ------------------------------

That is saying that if all those players come back. I think Figo, Carlos, and Ronaldo are on their way out, Robinho and maybe Totti will join.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

Lopez

Post by Lopez » 11 Mar 2005, 19:16

i just mean that if you got an invitation to real, you've won. but now it's otherwise, when players refuse a contract from real madrid or give the possibility away to play there, it's not longer the real madrid of the past.
"There're always people who tell you that you won't make it. That's really hard. But something in me said that i'm gonna make it. It was a dream i had to fulfill." - Kaká

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 12 Mar 2005, 04:11

i agree. the clubs are all leveling out. there aren't one or two teams that win every champions league or uefa cup. all 9 (soon to be 8. forza inter!) teams still have a great chance of winning the champions league. real madrid is still one of the best clubs in the world, but there are other ones that are just as good, if not better.

rp

Post by rp » 15 Mar 2005, 16:32

i think the worlds richest clubs are real madrid,manchester united and chelsea