Should Italy be rewarded with the Euro 2012 finals?

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
ratherton
Veteran Member

Since I started this thread, there has been another bad incident in Italy, resulting in the death of a police officer.

There is no way Euro 2012 can be awarded to Italy until they sort out this problem.

http://www.sportinglife.com/story_get.c ... _Lead.html

KPatel

Italian football has been haulted completely due to this incedent.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

This is absolutely ridiculous. It's a disgrace that they could let this happen. What's next for Italy? They've covered cheating, diving, match fixing, faillure of their domestic league, and violent riots. The only thing that could make it worse is if they all take steroids and then start throwing spaghetti at their opponents!

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

No way that Italy is being awarded the Euro Championship. Platini would be nuts if he did. This is way too far out of hand... horrible that because of a sport, a man has died. Sickening. I hate Italian football now, they should all go die.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

ajc wrote:This is absolutely ridiculous. It's a disgrace that they could let this happen. What's next for Italy? They've covered cheating, diving, match fixing, faillure of their domestic league, and violent riots. The only thing that could make it worse is if they all take steroids and then start throwing spaghetti at their opponents!
Absolutely agreed.
I'm still for changing it to another country besides the ones listed. All are bad choices. It may take a lot of time and effort, but in the end how would u feel if someone else died as a result? This is just really too much.

haha if worst comes to worst, they could always hold it in the US. No problem of anyone dying here, since no one here really knows football exists. :lol:

ratherton
Veteran Member

They've been showing pictures of the trouble on TV. There was tear gas released at the stadium by fans and the trouble carried on outside.

Heysel aside, it's probably worse than anything I've ever seen an English side involved with. UEFA and/or FIFA needs to get involved as the Italian authorities clearly have no idea what to do.

I know they've suspended football but changes need to be made as when the games eventually resume, nothing will have changed.

Viduka
Veteran Member

As mentioned in the article 'sticter laws' need to be applied, obviously the Italians aren't disciplined.

And quite a while ago after watching a Matterazi thread somewhere here, it has created an imprint on my mind to disilke them more..

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

iwannagopro wrote: I hate Italian football now, they should all go die.
yer it is pretty disgusting behaviour...the game's getting corrupt over there...
that opinion was a bit harsh though! :P
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

Viduka
Veteran Member

In ' The Guardian' and ' The Daily Telegraph' the incidents about the policemen dieing has just come out on my Saturday paper.

I wonder what has influenced this sudden idiotic behaviour from the Italians??? Has the long term effects of eating spaghetti or pizza finally kicking in??? Maybe the use of tomotoes in their diet has finally gone to their heads.

Whatever it is, this behaviour is a joke. They are human, there should be a distintion between what is right and what is wrong. If incidents of people dieing come up or rioting then it is clear that their vision has been clouded and something has to be done.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

I still hold steadfast to my opinion.... I hope they close down the Serie A for the rest of the season.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

haha if worst comes to worst, they could always hold it in the US. No problem of anyone dying here, since no one here really knows football exists.
I know this was a joke, but it's Euro 2012, only in Europe. :wink:

No none of the choices are perfect, but football is filled with money. I think that is why the other 2 hosts are in the finals, to help them economically. Poland/Ukraine are who I'm hoping to get it, but I know it's not perfect there. (There are some teams dropping out mid-season not wanting to play in the league) And Croatia/Hungary, I don't know enough about, but I think there is slightly more violence there, which could hurt their bid. And there are probably some other factors affecting every bid. But I hope Italy is totally out of it! This is disgraceful, I never liked Italian football, and I doubt I ever will. They have to know when to draw the line I mean come on! Literally, it's still a sport with guys kicking a ball around on grass. To players, it means much more. But literally, that's all it is. And to kill people because of the game is horrible. Italian football should be suspended until the end of the year. There is way too much violence. You hear something about Italy after every week, not good. I still remember when fans threw a firecracker at AC Milan's head in that game a few years ago. Obviously nothing has changed, and I doubt that it will in the near future. :(
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

KPatel

rzadzinski wrote:I still remember when fans threw a firecracker at AC Milan's head in that game a few years ago.
:shock: :shock:
Collectively speaking?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Sorry typo, I wrote that earlier this morning. :D :wink:

I meant that they threw a firecracker at AC Milan's keeper (Dida?) a few years ago, forgot to put Dida in, lol. :shock:

Yeah, that sure sounded funny. :P
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin