Madrid vs. Barca

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Any of you guys watching the game? I really want to see it, but I have NO idea what channel it's gonna be on? I have digital cable and i know Fox soccer channel's not airing it...so who is? Oh, and any thought on the game? (GO MADRID!!)

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Wow... haven't seen you on here for ages... Sadly, I don't get any footy channels, but just wanted to say... VISCA BARCA! SOM MES QUE UN CLUB! SOM ELS MILLORS!

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

ahh, well, i reallly want to see that game, so anyone else know? this is killing me!

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

iwannagopro wrote:Wow... haven't seen you on here for ages... Sadly, I don't get any footy channels, but just wanted to say... VISCA BARCA! SOM MES QUE UN CLUB! SOM ELS MILLORS!
What does all the spanish mean? I think you got it all wrong....doesnt make any sense to me.
Anyway the match is on the 11th of march. Dont noe wen its televised though... :?
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

huxter
New User

totally want to see this game!!! opa R.Madird

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Iwannagopro's spanish looks like Catalan to me.

As for the match, Real Madrid look like they could pull off the double this year. Barca look a shadow of the team that they were last year, while Madrid seem to be getting their act together. One thing's for sure, Barca need Eto'o for any chance of a win, and that's a fact.

My prediction is a 2-2 draw.
God damn brewery!!!

mufc21
Veteran Member

ok let me try get a link for you to watch the game. You guys will owe me for this.

mufc21
Veteran Member

sorry i just have to say this. YOU GUYS ARE ON CRACK. The game isnt on until the 11th of march and you are already asking who is broadcating it. WOW

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

mpcarres14 wrote:Iwannagopro's spanish looks like Catalan to me.
Oh so is Catalan a dialect of spanish?
mpcarres14 wrote:As for the match, Real Madrid look like they could pull off the double this year. Barca look a shadow of the team that they were last year, while Madrid seem to be getting their act together. One thing's for sure, Barca need Eto'o for any chance of a win, and that's a fact.
We probably will have Eto'o, but we dont need him. We can play well without him and Real arent a very strong force.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

mpcarres14 wrote:Iwannagopro's spanish looks like Catalan to me.

As for the match, Real Madrid look like they could pull off the double this year. Barca look a shadow of the team that they were last year, while Madrid seem to be getting their act together. One thing's for sure, Barca need Eto'o for any chance of a win, and that's a fact.

Right you are mate. I'm fluent in Catalan. Glad someone gives recognition to the oppressed language. As for what it means... "Long live Barca! We are more than a club! We are the best!" Not very original... As for what Catalan is, it is not a f*cking dialect of Spanish. It is its own f*cking language, derived directly from Latin. You cannot call yourself a true fan if you do not know that Gunnerz! Learn some Catalan and then you can really be a fan! Catalan does not get the recognition it deserves!

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

iwannagopro wrote:Right you are mate. I'm fluent in Catalan. Glad someone gives recognition to the oppressed language. As for what it means... "Long live Barca! We are more than a club! We are the best!" Not very original... As for what Catalan is, it is not a f*cking dialect of Spanish. It is its own f*cking language, derived directly from Latin. You cannot call yourself a true fan if you do not know that Gunnerz! Learn some Catalan and then you can really be a fan! Catalan does not get the recognition it deserves!
I have no idea about Catalan culture, all i noe is about the football club.
I have never been to Cantelonia and i will probably never go there. Just coz u dont know that much about the culture, doesnt mean ur not a true fan.
That is f**ked up. And i will appreciate it if u dont swear at me like that buddy. I never lived there like you, so im pretty uninformed when it comes to Catalan culture. All i noe about Catelonia is that its a state/region in spain,its Capital is Barcelona and its got a fierce rivalry with Real Madrid, one which is called the "el classico" and has been fought out since the 1800's. And dude, i dont have to learn any Catalan to be a fan, i dont know wtf u r talking about! Does that mean if i like Juve i have to learn a bit of Italian to call myself a true fan? Bloody hell.

KPatel

What are you doing in Santa Rosa speaking Catalan? Not being an idiot, just wondering.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

He apparently used to live in Cantelonia KPatel. He picked the language up there. :D

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Oh mate... I wasn't swearing at you. I was swearing at the goddam Spaniards who oppressed the language so no one knows about it. It just pisses me off. Really pisses me off. And when I said that you had to learn some stuff, I just meant like "How are you?" ,"Hello", "I'm fine". Just some basic stuff. Every single Catalan is a huge Barcelona fan. For the Catalans, their only way to express their frustration at being oppressed for so many years by Franco is to beat the living daylights out of Real Madrid. Yea, and I lived in Catalunya for a year. Went to school there in a small town, the whole spiel. That is where I really got into footy. We still cool Gunnerz?

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Nah itz cool. Im over it. I just thought u were trying to say i was a bandwagonist, which is soo not true! Ive been going for barca since 96 which was a year after Figo came and the year when Puyol was recruited.
trust me mate, I am definetely a true barca fan. Anyway ill learn a bit of Catalan then lol. That would be my 3rd sorta my 4th language.
Anyway im over it. Cheers :D