Porto
No votes
Real Madrid
6%
Valencia
No votes

Total votes: 36

Ronaldinho Gaucho

Who do you think will win this years competition?
I'm going for Man united as they have one of the best wingers in the world at the moment in Cristiano Ronaldo and are looking solid at the back with Vidic and Ferdinand. Wayne Rooney's not a bad striker to have either.

vivariquelme

It's all about Celtic baby. If they could figure the whole road thing out...

milanese
Veteran Member

Wishful thinking, but I'm going with Milan.

soccer11
Admin

i will also be rooting for Celtic but also real madrid. i picked real cuz i think Beckham was the reason they dind't win anything. now that he's not playing, they'll win

KPatel

soccer11 wrote:i will also be rooting for Celtic but also real madrid. i picked real cuz i think Beckham was the reason they dind't win anything. now that he's not playing, they'll win
Ronaldinho Gaucho wrote:
I'm going for Man united as they have one of the best wingers in the world at the moment in Cristiano Ronaldo.
Both of these above statements show how plastic fans believe 1 player can win a match or lose a match, it's all down to a team. You cannot put trust in one player alone to win or defend a match.

On an analytical perspective, I can honestly see Barcelona and Lyon in the final. Both are strong sides with good workrates. I say this in shame because I am a Liverpudlian. This is where 'passion' for a team needs to be put aside, look at it with your eyes and not your arse.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

If any English team will win the Champion's league, it will be Arsenal, no question. Reason being is that they maintain possession better than all of the other English squads in it right now, and that's crucial for success in Europe. Then, when you factor in their current form, I say they are odds on to win vs. either Lyon or Barca (probably Lyon, Barca look beatable in my opinion).
God damn brewery!!!

BosnianNedim

Inter Milan all the way baby....they are so hot right now, I don't think anyone can stop them

ajc
The Philly Flyer

I agree with Kpatel Lyon have a good chance to win, but Barcelona have truly been a shadow of themselves from last year. They can't seem to find their form for more than a game or two.
mpcarres14 wrote:If any English team will win the Champion's league, it will be Arsenal, no question. Reason being is that they maintain possession better than all of the other English squads in it right now, and that's crucial for success in Europe. Then, when you factor in their current form, I say they are odds on to win vs. either Lyon or Barca (probably Lyon, Barca look beatable in my opinion).
Not only that about Arsenal, but also they have a knack for winning the big games. Including a few matches from their champions league run last season they have beaten Juventus, Real Madrid, Tottenham, Liverpool 3 times (twice in Afield), Man United 2 times, and drawn at Stamford Bridge. They have been more consistent than any other club in recent memory at winning the games against the best teams, which is exactly what it takes to make a run in the champions league. I could see Arsenal going deep and possibly winning.

Saibomb
Veteran Member

ajc wrote:I agree with Kpatel Lyon have a good chance to win, but Barcelona have truly been a shadow of themselves from last year. They can't seem to find their form for more than a game or two.
mpcarres14 wrote:If any English team will win the Champion's league, it will be Arsenal, no question. Reason being is that they maintain possession better than all of the other English squads in it right now, and that's crucial for success in Europe. Then, when you factor in their current form, I say they are odds on to win vs. either Lyon or Barca (probably Lyon, Barca look beatable in my opinion).
Not only that about Arsenal, but also they have a knack for winning the big games. Including a few matches from their champions league run last season they have beaten Juventus, Real Madrid, Tottenham, Liverpool 3 times (twice in Afield), Man United 2 times, and drawn at Stamford Bridge. They have been more consistent than any other club in recent memory at winning the games against the best teams, which is exactly what it takes to make a run in the champions league. I could see Arsenal going deep and possibly winning.
Agree

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Arsenal will go a long way, since they are a consistent team and play well against the big clubs. The only teams i can see stoping them are Barca or Lyon. I think they'd be too strong for the rest.
Last four in my opinion:

FINAL: BARCA vs LYON
LOSERS OF SEMIS: ARSENAL vs CHELSEA

i think Chelsea aswell, because Sheva might hit a purple patch and might score a few goals since he scored 2 against Wycombe last night.
Not only that, but its pretty hard to beat Chelsea at the bridge and then over 2 legs. I can just see Chelsea being killed off in the semis by Lyon.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

ajc
The Philly Flyer

You can predict the top 4 most likely teams to win, but to actualy predict the final 4 teams or the final matchup doesn't make sense. It all depends on the draw. I'm not just directing this at Gunnerz23, for everyone, if you can't predict the draw, then you can't predict the final.

bremenALLtheWAY

i say that bayern munich will win it....

I just hope they get ride of Owen Hargreaves so mabey they can pick up Franck Ribery or perhaps one of the best strikeres in the world Miroslav Klose...

Go Munich GO ....@!@#@#@#@

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

ajc wrote:You can predict the top 4 most likely teams to win, but to actualy predict the final 4 teams or the final matchup doesn't make sense. It all depends on the draw. I'm not just directing this at Gunnerz23, for everyone, if you can't predict the draw, then you can't predict the final.
yer i agree. it all depends on the draw. Some people would of predicted Liverpool and Barca as the favourites, but they cant now obviously since they have been drawn together in the Round Of Sixteen.
We are only basing it on the best teams, coz like u sed, its really impossible to predict. :D
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Yeah, I know, I was just trying to say the two best teams in my opinion in the competion and who will overall deserve to be in Greece in May.
God damn brewery!!!

vivariquelme

ajc wrote:You can predict the top 4 most likely teams to win, but to actualy predict the final 4 teams or the final matchup doesn't make sense. It all depends on the draw. I'm not just directing this at Gunnerz23, for everyone, if you can't predict the draw, then you can't predict the final.
I agree, except this year Celtic is obviously so much better than the rest of the competition that it's pretty easy to pick them to go to Greece.