Real Madrid... too many stars?

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
Mike

I have been a supporter of Real Madrid for quite some time now, and still cannot believe that they are not doing as well as they are capable of. There potential is huge considering the amount of high classed players they have. I don't understand how they still continue to struggle. Are they simply having a bad year or do they have too many stars?

Mike :D

P.S. Anyone see the Real Madrid vs. Barcelona game? What did you think?

ESI BAGGIO
New User

i hate real very heat :twisted:
ONLY ROBY

madridfc
Veteran Member

oh yeah, i know what you mean. i can't believe mah boys are doing so terribly. maybe it has something to do with team chemistry or that the players don't mold together very well, thus not playing up to their potential. ah well, there's always next year. i kinda feel like we should stop buying more and more players and give up on gerrard and everyone. (didn't he say he was staying at l'pool for sure? well, i like him there anyway). its not doing too much for the team. give the team some time to gel and just let things fall into place, you know?

TAILFISH
New User

real madrid are unsual

madridfc
Veteran Member

does anyone know anything about that midfielder that madrid just signed from everton? i really can't remember his name now, but i know hes bald and is 28. will he get much playing time? whats his style of play? outside or center middy?
thanks
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

Mobes
New User

I think that on Real Madrid there are too many stars and not enough tension reducers between their big ego's. Their down fall is prpbably the players all wanting to go in different directions and they may not be able to agree with each other. Or maybe the stile they are use to is being crampt from other stiles that they are use to. Like the motion of the game or the timing of their teammates. But anyway one thing is right they do have alot of potential.

madridfc
Veteran Member

that was very philisofical of you mobes. but its unbelieveable how bad they're doing w/all that talent (bad by their standards, anyway)
olé

madridfc
Veteran Member

Graveson!! that was his name. anyone know anything about him?
olé

madridfc
Veteran Member

michael owen's doing quite well though. i'm glad hes getting his share of playing time and making the most of it. we'll see what happens from there, but i'm looking forward to seeing him more and more in the coming seasons.
olé

i think they don't have that winning spirit anymore, even if they won all their games with a new coach.

nobody of them can be an ass, though you sometimes need one for the team for motivation and other stuff

but if they would play nobody could stop them cause their individual skill is just unbelievable

but maybe there're really to many stars and not enough other players, who're hungry and want to win every game and haven't as much as the others achivied in their carreer

madridfc
Veteran Member

anyone know anything about graveson??
olé

Lopez

he played in germany at the HSV and then moved to england and played for Everton until real bought him
"There're always people who tell you that you won't make it. That's really hard. But something in me said that i'm gonna make it. It was a dream i had to fulfill." - Kaká

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i think real's lack of success is partially from having a team made up of stars. it's like if you made an all star team, and had them play teams that had all around good players. they're often too focused on one part of the game, and counterattacks and sich come back to hurt them

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I think their problem is they are too old and they lost Claude Makelele to Chelsea. He gave Zidane and Figo the freedom to attack without having to sprint back. Tomas Graveson gives them that toughness that they need and their recent play has been impressive. In the summer they will be active in the transfer market for sure.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i've been hearing rumors of them bringing in totti. probably nothing more than talk, but that would help when they lose figo