62%
don't care
No votes

Total votes: 21

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Dream Final

Post by ajc » 29 Apr 2006, 02:15

Barcelona vs. Arsenal is the best matchup i could imagine for the final. Henry vs. Ronaldinho with Henry rumored for a move to barca, what could be better? I don't care who you support, this game is going to be great! And its even extra important for Arsenal since they have to win to qualify for next years champs league. What do you think? Who will win?
Click it

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 29 Apr 2006, 06:27

i would like to see a english team so i want arsenal to win but i think that barca will just be to much for them. and did anyone see that bloke at the viullereal match who gave henry a barca shirt with herny on the back funny or what

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 30 Apr 2006, 04:57

i REALLY hope barca choke, but the way they've been playing recently, i can't see it happening. my realistic prediction is 3-1 to barcelona, but hopefully it'll go the other way.
Hala Galacticos

SV_08

Post by SV_08 » 01 May 2006, 00:26

powell wrote:i would like to see a english team so i want arsenal to win but i think that barca will just be to much for them. and did anyone see that bloke at the viullereal match who gave henry a barca shirt with herny on the back funny or what
Yeah, the guy who put the shirt on him was someone from jimmyjump.com, I saw the address on his shirt and found out that they do a bunch of that stuff at games, shows, etc.

I'm pulling for Barca, watching them this year made my think that they have what it takes to pull off the win against arsenal.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 01 May 2006, 00:59

Arsenal and Barcelona are my 2 favorite teams, but i like Arsenal the most. I really hope they win because I want to see them in the Champions League next year. But i think Barca will win. Arsenal has been in poor form lately, the way they only defended against villareal they were lucky not to be scored on. I don't think they can defend against Barca's skilled players well enough. This could be a high scoring game, maybe even 6 or seven goals between the two teams.

By the way, that guy on the field was hilarious. LOL (the squirrel too)
Click it

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 01 May 2006, 06:17

The guiy who ran on the field was a moron. What if he'd had a knife ???

In England, he would get a 3 year banning order from every footbal ground in the country. In addition, he wouldn't be allowed to travel outside England if the national team were playing abroad, regardless of where he wanted to travel to.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

cmperez07

Post by cmperez07 » 02 May 2006, 15:33

If Arsenal keeps up its defensive form and Henry has a great night I think Arsenal would be able to sneak it past Barca
So...What's Going On???

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 03 May 2006, 01:03

I guess your right that guy could have had a knife or something, but it was kind of funny that he gave him a barcelona shirt with his name, you've got to admit that. Does anyone know his punishment or anyting?[/quote]
Click it

Ecuabol

Post by Ecuabol » 03 May 2006, 01:30

Barcelona all the way! they are the best! Especially with Ronaldinho.
Barcelona wins it all!

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 03 May 2006, 02:58

most ppl want Arsenal to win but think barca will...remember Champions League is time for Magic :) ...ARSENAL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 03 May 2006, 11:40

im not a fan of either club so I dont care as long as the game is entertaining, however I voted for Barca because I belive they will be the winners.

milanese
Veteran Member

Post by milanese » 06 May 2006, 04:47

I'll cheer for Barca just because they are so entertaining, and so I know we lost to the best team (well I already know that, but this would set it in stone).

Definetly not the dream final. :x

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 07 May 2006, 13:56

milanese wrote:Definetly not the dream final. :x
Sure, you'd like to see your team in the final, but this is an exciting matchup with two teams that play attractive football and it includes two of the most skilled players in the world.
Click it

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 07 May 2006, 16:44

ajc wrote: Sure, you'd like to see your team in the final, but this is an exciting matchup with two teams that play attractive football and it includes two of the most skilled players in the world.
Certainly not going to be attractive from Arsenal's perspective if they play the way the did against Villareal. They deserved to lose that match.

All I'm saying is, they'll get torn to shreds if they play that badly against Barca.

Roll on May 17. :P

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 07 May 2006, 17:38

hustler89 wrote:Certainly not going to be attractive from Arsenal's perspective if they play the way the did against Villareal. They deserved to lose that match.

All I'm saying is, they'll get torn to shreds if they play that badly against Barca.

Roll on May 17. :P
They did play an ugly game against villareal, but they are very capable of putting on a show. And they'll have to because we all know barca can score goals so Arsenal will have to attack more than they did in the semi finals.

Also, keep in mind that in the second leg they had a one goal advantage so they packed in it on defense to avoid giving up a goal. I don't completely agree with the strategy as they should have at least gone to extra time off of that penalty(and probably would have lost in extra time the wayt hey were playing), but don't expect them to play nearly the same kind of game against Barcelona.
Click it