FC Barcelona

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
hackr17

Frank Rikjaard

Post by hackr17 » 06 Mar 2005, 15:56

hey in the Chelsea-Barca game what was Frank Rikjaard saying to the ref?

Because Mourinho didn't like it
3-17-4

J
Admin

Post by J » 07 Mar 2005, 02:32

do you mean Frank Lampard?

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 09 Mar 2005, 00:54

i watched the barcelona game today, did anyone else catch that? it was a pretty big surprise i thought. i picked barca to win champions league, and then they lose to john terry's header. hah. i'm a real madrid supporter, but i've got to admire the way barelona play. i'd say they're the top club in the world right now. they may have even deserved to win. i don't think it's for me to decide. anyway, i think petr cech had a lot to do with that win. if you saw the match, you'll understand

Post by Guest » 09 Mar 2005, 01:40

i definetely think Chelsea deserved that win. Barcelona had periods where they played well, but i dont think they deserved to win. Barcelona even got a penalty that they deidnt deserve. It should have been 4-1. But i will say ronaldinho's goal was awsome!!

erivera

Post by erivera » 09 Mar 2005, 02:17

what do you mean? the game was espectaclular! Both sides played a good game the only problem was that barcelona didnt get any luck with their finishing. They missed bout 3 good chances but thats soccer. The goal second goal scored by ronaldinho was phenominal. The chip left chelsea's goalkeeper staring as it made its way into the net. All in all i believe it was a great game. AC Milan and ManUtd was a bit of an upset to me though. I truly believe there should have been more goals.

Post by Guest » 09 Mar 2005, 07:38

i never said the game wasnt great, i just said chelsea deserevd that win. And you dont get "lucky" with finishing!!!!

madridfc
Veteran Member

Post by madridfc » 09 Mar 2005, 10:34

i think that chelsea deserved to win as well. they came out really strong and i was like, wow, this isn't going to last long. but they kept working really hard and making things happen and finally in the 8th minute gudjohnson got one in and they just kept up the pressure until ronaldinho scored to make it 3-1, at which time, chelsea lost some of their confidence and slowed down a bit. basically barca just weren't as energetic i think. but the commentator (who was a horribly annoying irishman) said that they had played like 6 games in the last 17 days...but you don't want to blame a loss entirely on that. anyway, a had a good time watching
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 09 Mar 2005, 23:22

Pierluigi Collina messed up, he missed a penalty for Barcelona and he missed the foul on Victor Valdes on the game winning goal.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 10 Mar 2005, 01:10

FCBarcelona wrote:Pierluigi Collina messed up, he missed a penalty for Barcelona and he missed the foul on Victor Valdes on the game winning goal.
I've been a Barca fan since the Stoichkov days but I don't see how you can blame Collina for the outcome. I think he was quite generous with Barcelona's first penalty (most refs wouldn't give a penalty in the same situation).
Barca was clueless in the offensive 1/3 for the first half and their defense was very loose and slow. Chelsea played smarter, but could not safely put them away after leading 3-0?! I don't think they'll win this year's Champs League.
Anyway, it was a very entertaining match.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 10 Mar 2005, 01:21

that was up there with the spain-ireland game at the world cup 3 years ago. probably one of the better matches i've seen in my life. but i agree, collina was incredibly generous in giving the first penalty. barca were inconsistent, but they did play well though. i predict inter win the CL this year. that's who i'm hoping for anway. i guess i'll have to wait for their return leg.

erivera

Post by erivera » 10 Mar 2005, 01:28

Anonymous wrote:i definetely think Chelsea deserved that win. Barcelona had periods where they played well, but i dont think they deserved to win. Barcelona even got a penalty that they deidnt deserve. It should have been 4-1. But i will say ronaldinho's goal was awsome!!

All teams have periods where they dont play well. This doesn't stop it from being a good game.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 10 Mar 2005, 01:31

i agree. i think, to some degree, it has to doo with who you're supporting though. if i'd seen the real madrid-juventus game, i could have probably found a million unfair calls. still, i think the chelsea v barca game was amazing

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 10 Mar 2005, 02:50

Ricardo Carvalho was holding Victor Valdes thus preventing him from saving the ball. And the Barcelona penalty, the handball was clear, his hand was in the air, the player (I think Ferreira) even got a yellow card. Also, there were some fould that I felt were let go, take Eto'o, the dribble from half he passes his defender and gets tripped and it wasn't a foul.

Hej, there is always next year, but this was suppose to be our year.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

erivera

Post by erivera » 10 Mar 2005, 03:05

i agree

Post by Guest » 10 Mar 2005, 03:55

erivera wrote:
Anonymous wrote:i definetely think Chelsea deserved that win. Barcelona had periods where they played well, but i dont think they deserved to win. Barcelona even got a penalty that they deidnt deserve. It should have been 4-1. But i will say ronaldinho's goal was awsome!!

All teams have periods where they dont play well. This doesn't stop it from being a good game.