real madrid

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

true, they need another defender, but john terry wouldn't be sold for anything right now. they should go after fabio cannavaro. they've got the money, and they need a decent defender. why they didn't take him the first time he was offered is beyond me, but hopefully they can get another shot. they do need someone at the back desperately.
Hala Galacticos

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

yeah i think they need to tighten up their defense cause they cant win with just a good offense and poor defense. I noticed that many of the madrid defenders like roberto carlos ignore their defensive responsibilities and go up on offense- they need to tighten up the defense

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

don't even get me started on roberto carlos. they might as well be playing a 3-5-2 when he's on the field. salgado's nearly as bad.
Hala Galacticos

peps1154
Veteran Member

They should get Cicinho(sp?) he also pushes up however he is a good defender.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

yeah, but he's a right back. wayne bridge or ashley cole would be suitable to the position they need.
Hala Galacticos

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

btw they are thinking of sellin roberto carlos to a quatari club.

RealMadridFan.inPR
Sophomore Member

yea, real madrid is my favorite team.. u can tell that but its easy to notice theyr falts. too many stars, there is no #1 leader, they all wana do it all. if they got together and played AS ONE REAL TEAM, they would be unbeatable. thats the only thing i think they need. they dont need any more players, they need to play.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

they DO need more players, but not the strikers they keep buying! i heard they're after rooney (never gonna happen) now. they need one or two SOLID defenders, who can play consistently and with enough reserve to realize they don't have to be in on every goal. they need players to guard casillas, and quit making him do all the work
Hala Galacticos

ElecTr1c
New User

well...Cannavaro is there now but i still think it wont be enough.The thing is that Zidane has retire and who is gong to be playmaker in Real??Robinho?Guti? yeah...right.The club like Real need the worldclass #10.