real madrid

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
ac_milan7

so has anybody heard the news about reals coach?cause i was told that he was getting fired or something like that. i wasnt totally sure what was going on so will somebody fill me in
pain is weakness leaving the body

Jackson1986

MADRID, Spain - Vanderlei Luxemburgo was fired Sunday as coach of Real Madrid, one of the world's most glamorous soccer teams but mired in fourth place in the Spanish league this season .

MADRID, Spain - Vanderlei Luxemburgo was fired Sunday as coach of Real Madrid, one of the world's most glamorous soccer teams but mired in fourth place in the Spanish league this season .

The dismissal came less than two weeks after the team's board gave Luxemburgo a vote of confidence. He had been in charge of the team for nearly a year, and the poor play led to protests by fans at recent games.

"The situation of the team was such that it was decided we needed a change," vice president Emilio Butragueno said. "The performance wasn't up to expectations. It was worrying for us and Madrid supporters."

Juan Ramon Lopez Caro, coach of reserve team Real Madrid Castilla in the Spanish second division, will run the team for now. He will be the coach for the Champions League game against Olympiakos in Athens on Tuesday.

Real Madrid boasts the likes of Ronaldo, Zinedine Zidane and David Beckham. But it has won just three of its last seven Spanish league games and is six points behind first-place Barcelona. Real Madrid was coming off a lackluster 1-0 league victory over Getafe on Saturday.

Luxemburgo, a Brazilian, is the fifth coach to depart the powerhouse in the past 2 1/2 years. During that time, it has failed to win a major trophy
He did badly ,so he was fired.

peps1154
Veteran Member

HE was Fired. I remember when he joined he was so full of himself now he is sent packing. And for all I care he can take Robinho with him.

matt
EF Forum Legend

Why would he take Robinho with him? I dont undestand that

Anyway, apparently Perez is interested in Arsene Wenger, although Wenegr played down any suggestiopn sfrom the media, saying he still has at least three years left at Arsenal.

I honestly dont know who Madrid will want as a manager. Aooarently there have been talks between them and Roy Keane, as well as Micheal Ballack :evil: Luxembourgo seemed to come from nowhere, so I'm not sure ho they will go for. Ottmar Hitzfeld perhaps? But he has apparently been 'approached' by Manchester United.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

ac_milan7

i heard that liverpools coach was being looked at for the new job and one of my dumb friends told me that chelsea's coach jose was being linked to madrid but i just cant see him leaving

soccer11
Admin

How bout they play like a pick-up team and just go without a coach, thats kinda what they've been plaing like hasnt it. that'll never happen but it would be fun to see wouldnt it. Another thing i would love to see is Perez coming down and managing, wouldnt that just crack u up. seriously though, they should just use one of their assistant coaches who is a tough disciplinarian. try to get a new coach in the mix. for a team like this, they dont need a good tactical coach but someone who wont let them do whatever they want.

peps1154
Veteran Member

matt wrote:Why would he take Robinho with him? I dont undestand that
Robinho was bought by Luxembourgo right after his arrival. That guys was with him in Santos and he pretty much in love with robinho. No one wanted him to be serious but the coach just brought him in well now he can take him, real dosn't need selfish self centered players like that (sorry Robinho fans but honestly he's the most selfish player I have seen in my live).

ac_milan7

how is robinho selfish?all he wanted was to play with the best club with the best players so he could become better.he said it was always a dream for him to play in spain with a club like real madrid.i dont know where you got he was selfish

peps1154
Veteran Member

IF u watch him play u will see his selfish usually he tries to do everything by himself.

robbie
Sophomore Member

ac_milan7 wrote:how is robinho selfish?all he wanted was to play with the best club with the best players so he could become better.he said it was always a dream for him to play in spain with a club like real madrid.i dont know where you got he was selfish
'all he wanted was to play with the best club with the best players so he could become better'

ac_milan7

is it totally wrong that you want to become a good player??? he knew the only was he would be come better if he trained with people that were better than him so they could push him more than his teamates did at santos.i mean is it a crime that he wants to be better cause i know i do

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

matt wrote:Why would he take Robinho with him? I dont undestand that

Anyway, apparently Perez is interested in Arsene Wenger, although Wenegr played down any suggestiopn sfrom the media, saying he still has at least three years left at Arsenal.

I honestly dont know who Madrid will want as a manager. Aooarently there have been talks between them and Roy Keane, as well as Micheal Ballack :evil: Luxembourgo seemed to come from nowhere, so I'm not sure ho they will go for. Ottmar Hitzfeld perhaps? But he has apparently been 'approached' by Manchester United.
yeah they were saying that they wanted ballack to replace zidane but then the coach said i wouldnt even use pele instead of zidane. i also heard rumors of the juventus coach going to coach real again. I heard that real are interested in roy keane but only for a 6 month conract.

and whoever doesnt like robinho i respect your opinion but let me remind you everything that people used to say about c ronaldo. personally i try not to critisize pros too much cuz who knows how hard it is and what situation they are in. but i understand wat peps means about robinho. but i feel sorry for robinho he has all that pressure on him especially when there was all those injuries.

ac_milan7

in a way real madrid reminds me of the LA Lakes cause they have some many stars its hard to share time in that line up cause we all saw that owen really never got to play to his full ability there due to all the other star players they had.i say that madrid is going to fall apart.......cause they did get beat by some greek team that they should have killed

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

they need someone who realizes the importance of a good line at the back. trappatoni...?
Hala Galacticos

ac_milan7

what if they got another good defender like john terry ?they really need to strengthen their defense cause it seems like the people they have arent cutting it