the official inter milan thread.

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
InterDeLaChance
Sophomore Member

We just tied Brescia with a penalty. I'm beyond disappointed with how we have been playing.

mrbeankid22

Blame the players. Not the manager. :roll: Seriously, Rafa will eventually drive this team into the ground.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

When you win, it's the players. When you lose, it's the manager. That's how it usually is, right? :p

bsc
Veteran Member

Rome_Leader wrote:When you win, it's the players. When you lose, it's the manager. That's how it usually is, right? :p
and when you draw it's the ref!
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

InterDeLaChance
Sophomore Member

I'm just gonna go ahead and blame the whole city. We shouldn't lose to Brescia. Period.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

bsc wrote:
Rome_Leader wrote:When you win, it's the players. When you lose, it's the manager. That's how it usually is, right? :p
and when you draw it's the ref!
Here here!

Damn Ancellotti. Nothing to do with Torres deciding to show up for a change today...

matt
EF Forum Legend

Did anyone see the Milan derby? Inter were dreadful, even against ten men.

I think Benitez is really being exposed here as the average and unambitious tactician he has always been. At Liverpool he could blame lack of funds or boardroom unrest but he doesn't have that problem now. Inter won the treble last year and frankly they have really been disappointing since Rafa arrived.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

InterDeLaChance
Sophomore Member

We have a lot of injuries. Gattuso should have got sent off in the first half. And we played a lot better in the second half. But yes I'm gonna have to agree we didn't play anything like what i'm used to. I sat there with my head in my hands for most parts of the game. I am a grown man and wanted to cry at times.

Rafa you need to leave sir.

Inter’s performance was best summed up by President Massimo Moratti – “It doesn’t seem to me like we suffered against Milan’s play. The problem is that we actually didn’t play. It’s a different thing entirely and much more grave.”

klc123
Veteran Member

The "Rafa Benitez" phenomenon can be compared to Nuclear Holocaust or a self destruct button. Ultimately, no one wins, and the process is irreversible.

InterDeLaChance
Sophomore Member

I don't want him as the coach of Inter. I feel despair when I think of him coaching.

soccer11
Admin

Apparently Benitez is to be fired by Inter. It only took them 6 months. Unlike Liverpool, it seems Inter know when to cut their losses and move on.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... a115d8.1d1

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Am I the only one who thinks he is a good manager?

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

soccer11
Admin

You might be :P He's had his moments, that's for sure but he's a very confrontational manager. He's had run ins with owners and opposing managers. Sometimes I think he should worry more about his team than others.
I haven't seen much of Inter this season except for a few games in the Champions League but they look like a different team from last years. It makes you kind of ask yourself: Did Mourinho get Inter to overachieve last year and this is their normal standard? Or is it Rafa that has been the problem?

In related news, apparently some Liverpool fans think he's a good manager. I don't see this happening.