RIX vs SIX match

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

hey, did any1 happen to see that match on tuesday? a bunch of players were playing and all the proceeds went to the tsunami victims and kaka was playing a a bunch of otha ppl whose names i cant rememeber right now?? i only saw the first half, but if any1 say the game-please enlighte me on what happended inthe rest and what u liked about it

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I saw it. Pretty good match, Ronaldinho's World Team beat Shevchenko's European team 6-3. Pierluigi Collina was the referee. Both side had amazing players and there were plety of tricks but no fouls. It was fun to watch.Played at Camp Nou, Barcelona!

madridfc
Veteran Member

what were the teams? how were they picked? did like ronaldinho and shevchenko pick them or something???
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Yeah, Ronaldinho and Shevchenko picked. Shevchenko got to pick players from Europe because he is European player of year and Ronaldinho got to pick World Wide as he is the World Player of Year.

madridfc
Veteran Member

thats so cool! do you know what the teams were?
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

RONALDINHO XI

Coaches: Carlos Alberto Parreira (Bra), Frank Rijkaard (Ned).

Goalkeepers: Dida (AC Milan), Idriss Kameni (Espanyol).

Defenders: Cafu (AC Milan), Ivan Cordoba (Inter Milan), Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United), Radhi Jaodi (Bolton), Samuel Kuffour (Bayern Munich), Rafakl Marquez (Barcelona), Lucas Radebe (Leeds), Javier Zanetti (Inter Milan), Paolo Montero (Juventus), Carlos Alberto Gamarra (Inter Milan), Rigobert Song (Galatasaray), Raymond Kalla (Bochum).

Midfielders-Strikers: Cha Doo-ri (Eintracht Frankfurt), Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Samuel Eto’o (Barcelona), Kaka (AC Milan), Mehdi Mahdavikia (Hamburg), Park Ji-sung (PSV Eindhoven), Ronaldinho (Barcelona), David Suazo (Cagliari), Obafemi Martins (Inter Milan), Esteban Cambiasso (Inter Milan).

SHEVCHENKO XI

Coaches: Marcello Lippi (Ita), Arsene Wenger (Fra).

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Francesco Toldo (Inter Milan).

Defenders: Kakhaber Kaladze (AC Milan), Vincent Kompany (Anderlecht), Paolo Maldini (AC Milan), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Lilian Thuram (Juventus), Christoph Metzelder (Borussia Dortmund), Alessandro Nesta (AC Milan).

Midfielders-Strikers: Michael Ballack (Bayern Munich), David Beckham (Real Madrid), Deco (Barcelona), Sebastian Deisler (Bayern Munich), Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Ludovic Giuly (Barcelona), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Raul (Real Madrid), Andrei Shevchenko (AC Milan), Johann Vogel (PSV Eindhoven), Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid), Christian Vieri (Inter Milan), Gianfranco Zola (Cagliari), Francesco Totti (Roma), Vincenzo Montella (Roma), Jari Litmanen (Hansa Rostock).

FIFA has invited more than 50 players (see below), including some of the biggest stars in world football, to take part in the "Football for Hope". So I guess Ronaldinho and Shevchenko didn't choose teams but i'm sure they had a part to do with it because their teammates and friends were in their team like Kaka and Ronaldinho.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

who were the players who had scored in the first half??? I know kaka mad a bunch of assists, but i cant rememeber the rest of the players names. and what was the final score?? See, i knew i saw something!! :D

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Players who scored in first half were Ronaldinho Eto'o with 2 and Alex Del Piero for Shevchenko's side. 3-1 at half for Ronny's side final score 6-3 for Ronny.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

i was sick that day so i saw that game, because it was on during school!!! I knew i saw something, but i dont know the players names and stuff cause it doesnt really come on in the us and everything,but i learned something!! Good thing i posted this!!

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I saw it in Canada, you should be able to see it in the US. It was at 8:30 pm. On an Italian channel TLN.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

well when it came on here, it was on at 3:00 or 2:00

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i got it just fine where i live. it was on espn2.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

where i saw it it was on espn somethig, but i dont know which one.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

well, for anyone in america actually, espn2 and abc have the best football coverage. actually, the only football coverage.

thats not true, Fox soccer Channel has the best coverage i think, they dont show Italy or Spain though, only highlights. Its not with basic cable , it cost exrta. I would definetely recommend it though.