Champions League Final 2011

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA

Who will win the 2011 Champions League Final?

Manchester United
33%
Barcelona
67%

Total votes: 15

soccer11
Admin

Seeing as Liverpool will be missing out on the Champions League once again, I don't think 'Pool fans have any place to talk. And to say Liverpool will have 20 titles by 2012/2013 and United only 19 is kind of optimistic looking at previous seasons. Yea, you guys have a promising team, but let's remember what happened the last time people were talking about Liverpool winning the title, which was last year. You finished in 7th and had to qualify to get into the Europa League. If Liverpool has taught us anything in the last 4 or 5 years is that when there are expectations placed on them, they fall on their face. And that's not because I'm anti-LIverpool, it's a fact.
And I haven't even mentioned United's talent which will propel them to future championships.
anyway you're free to think whatever i know the game will be full as fu** and the world will be paralyzed watching this match more than last year for sure when it was inter-bayern, soo til then i guess
agreed. I'm so excited for this game, as is the rest of the world (minus TheBrilliance :P jp man) It's the unstoppable force vs. quickness and strength.
What I'm really looking forward to is how Barcelona handles Hernandez and Rooney. They haven't seen a striking duo like that this season. Rooney will be playing with all heart in this game. He's had a rough year. He knows ultimate redemption would be to drive United to a victory.

TheBrilliance

panchester07 wrote:hahaa if i'd get money everytime i heard that each season in the last 10 years id prolly be rich, or have enough money to buy a ticket to the wembley final and a few beers included :wink: dream on.......

haha seriously though bro- you come here and talk sh*t over an event we are all hyped over seeing and you say you prolly are gonna watch a second division match and most of us here are counting the days till its time for the final - you hate on one of the best teams in history (barca), and another one that has earned this spot out of sacrifice and work and a few good signings - haha i like you a lot but you come off as an arrogant guy and man not everybody has the pleasure to watch the team they support play the final for you to come and say all those nasty sh*t - i know i didn't play those matches but before the games the adrenaline was high and during the match i sure woke a few neighbors up yelling "GOAL" and sure sh*t myself a few times when the other team had the ball close to my box, so being in the final is a long journey even to fans-

anyway you're free to think whatever i know the game will be full as fu** and the world will be paralyzed watching this match more than last year for sure when it was inter-bayern, soo til then i guess
Your right panch. I apologise. Properly this time. Ive had alot of work and ive been a bit pissy lately hence why Im being a bit of an ass.

Im patriotic aye haha. You are right. Its your day..you made it...its to the extent where I dont particulary mind who wins....but to a sick sick sick extent, and other pool fans will hate me..i wanna see Man U win after the Barca displays.

Im going to have an opinion bro, but tell us if Im going to far. Ill try and stop the crap man :D

klc123
Veteran Member

After the Barca display :lol: Says the supporter of a team that hacked their way back into a Champions league final in which they were completely outclassed in, and then used a dancing goalkeeper to try and put the other players off :lol:

I'm just gonna say what many others have been saying, the fact that liverpool get excited over finishing 5th shows what a sh*t team they have become.

Genie: "I can grant you one wish"
Man: "I want to live forever"
Genie: "I'm sorry, that is the one wish I cannot grant"
Man: "Okay, I want to die when Liverpool win the league"
Genie: "You crafty bastard"

TheBrilliance

klc123 wrote:After the Barca display :lol: Says the supporter of a team that hacked their way back into a Champions league final in which they were completely outclassed in, and then used a dancing goalkeeper to try and put the other players off :lol:

I'm just gonna say what many others have been saying, the fact that liverpool get excited over finishing 5th shows what a sh*t team they have become.

Genie: "I can grant you one wish"
Man: "I want to live forever"
Genie: "I'm sorry, that is the one wish I cannot grant"
Man: "Okay, I want to die when Liverpool win the league"
Genie: "You crafty bastard"
Mate, 2005 was class bruzzz. Thats all I can say, youd be a fool to deny that. Panch is right. Im an arrogant bastard sometimes, but he and soccer11 are not going on your side for that claim. We were outclassed but we had the kashmutz to come back fighting, as much as I dislike Man U they possess the same qualities

panchester07
Veteran Member

Call me goofy or stupid, but for some reason i'm confident the red devils will pull this one- A similar feeling I had vs Chelsea, the rival is very strong but with the right tactics and attitude and those exellent runs and how we move the ball around, we can kill the biggest rivals, and defend the victory like no other team in the world. Here's a confident united fan - When united attacks, i haven't ever seen a team create so many opportunities in so little time and so easily - when they defend, they give me a feeling of being completely in control at all times, even though the other team has the ball, it all seems to calm and under control- the art of defending -
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

shahensha
Veteran Member

That is exactly what worries me. Man United has an extremely solid back-line in vidic and ferdinand and whats worse is that they know how to get the ball to the opponent's box with a few touches of the ball after they win it.

soccer11
Admin

Barcelona were forced to fly in early because of the threat of ash clouds from the volcano in Iceland. They didn't want to risk having to travel by land and sea so decided to fly in on Tuesday instead of Thursday.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 34,00.html

Only 4 days away now. Is everyone ready for this? What are your plans for the game?

panchester07
Veteran Member

I'm going to Londoners, a british pub here, the only place i know with a real british atmosphere, and drink some beers and yell my lungs off with other 4 real man utd fans i know here in the city -

sometimes i like watching videos of great man utd moments prior like the comeback in 99, or violent victories over other rivals to get me psyched up and positive .. i like watching fans chant songs on youtube like que sera sera, or so many others- just gets me in the glory man utd mood-
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

soccer11
Admin

nice, i'm going to buy a bunch of meat and beer with my friends and wake up and grill all day. I'm so excited.

Just to raise excitement a little, for United fans at least.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIpdpYSeOi4

klc123
Veteran Member

I'm confident in Barca. When the team turns up and plays, they are the best team in the world, and nothing can stop them. We just have to hope they turn up.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Oh man I have been saving a dime bag of kush ever since the knockout rounds started.....i cant wait to watch the final in amazing H.D. quality haha

The whole media is stating how Barcelona are the favourites. Maybe so but only until kickoff on Saturday. During the 90 minutes after, Barcelona will have to prove why we are being considered the favourites. Manchester United is no joke and if anything, they have grown better as a team ever since their focal point, Cronaldo, left. What they are lacking in flair, they have more than made up for with teamwork and effort.

It reminds me of the 74 final where Cruyff's Netherlands were the favourites to win the final but Germany came from behind to win. Goes to show, anything can happen in a final.

soccer11
Admin

United don't have the hands down star this time around. We're a true team now, for sure. This isn't like '09 when a lot was put on one players shoulder. If one player doesn't perform, the whole team's chances won't fall apart.

Oh man I have been saving a dime bag of kush ever since the knockout rounds started.....i cant wait to watch the final in amazing H.D. quality haha
8) Oh yea. :D

klc123
Veteran Member

I thought Muslims aren't allowed to do drugs?

shahensha
Veteran Member

i never said i was a pious muslim

klc123
Veteran Member

I wish all Muslims were like you...the majority of our Muslim community here would come for you with pitch-forks and torches if you were in this dump of brainwashed "multi-ethnic-phobia" country...