The Total Destroyer..

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
klc123
Veteran Member

I really hope he is bluffing about wishing to leave after his fifth year.

I know he said he works in 5 year cycles, what is the problem with doing the same cycle another time? or many more times?

Perhaps the problem is he has very little left to achieve with Barca, he has already won every single trophy possible, in his first season alone...The only thing left for him to do now would be to win back to back European Cups.

That said, as a player he was the essence of Barcelona, a product of its own system. I can't see how he could or would turn his back on the club, even if it was with good grace.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Pep works in 5 year cycles. That means when the current one was up he would commit for a further 5 years.

At the end of this cycle (2013) his players will be getting older.

Xavi - 33

Puyol - 35

Villa - 31

Alves - 30

Iniesta - 29

messi - 26

The above are all key players most of them are impossible to replace and play the sme football. Pep's fear or logic behind a 5 year cycle is that players ages are different so in one cycle some players peak and retire and some are youngsters growing into the next cycle.

At Barca this is currently a "special" cycle. There is no way Pep can repeat the current success at the end of the next cycle (2018) as the players above will now be the ages below.

Xavi - 38

Puyol - 40

Villa - 36

Alves - 35

Iniesta - 34

messi - 31

Of course other players around the world will become brilliant over this time period but they will not be the same as the current mix and at these ages the likes of Xavi will retire and or will not be the same player today.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Pep works in 5 year cycles. That means when the current one was up he would commit for a further 5 years.
Really? He signs for a contract for a the next season year by year - I've always noticed that in the middle of the season they are trying to sign him for the next years season - It happened the year after he won 8 titles, and the other 2 years he's been around, how do you know he has 5 year cycles if I may ask?

Alcantara/Cesc could replace Xavi..

Inspite of me loving Puyol, he is replaceable..Central defenders are abundant in this world, as well as good one, just watch the brazilian leagues and watch 1'85 meter, muscular animals that head everyball and anticipate every pass- Theres like 20- You get my point, Puyol is the cpatain but replaceable.. He can stick around for psycological purposes.

Iniesta's game is barely rellied on speed or strength, at 29 he's perfectly capable of playing to 100% of his capabiities.

Messi, 26, would be in his prime. :idea: fu**, watch out defenders!

But if you get no footballers coming up, and get them to play with these tiki-taka masters, and you stick Pep's ideology into their mind, you can get them to play in a similar style i think.

Alves would be 30, and yeah that might be an issue, cause he's all about speed, and stamina-
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

panchester07
Veteran Member

Lets go Pep! Lets change history!!!

If Barca plays to their maximum level they will win, whatever Madrid does wont matter - If they don't then we'll see.

6-1 is the agregate score for the games played between the two this season.. :)

Home: 5-0

Away: 1-1

Neutral: ???

tomorrow night all barcelona will sing, "Waka Waka EH EH"

on a serious note: whoever wins, no matter what I'm drinking 8-10 ice cold beers in those 90 minutes and nobody's gonna take that from me.... who's down?

p793
Veteran Member

Hmm...I know it's the el classico and all...but i'm seriously considering watching Spurs Vs Arsenal.

Mourinho parked the bus and it worked well for him in the previous game. Now I know the reason for this was to install confidence into the players brains so they could believe they can win in future games. Thia technique worked wonders compared to tactics in the first derby. I can see him doing exactly the same thing tomorrow, hoping to get a scrappy 1 goal victory.

But in S Vs A we have two teams that will without doubt provide entertainment and both will be looking for a victory. Both have great attacking players and the defences aint the best.

panchester07
Veteran Member

I heard Madrid's more likely formation would be:

casillas

Arbeloa - Ramos - Carvalho - Marcelo

------ Pepe-----

Xabi-----------Khedhira

Ozeil-----------Di Maria
--------Ronaldo-----

No pure striker, no benzema or adebayour......

Barcelona will likely play with their typical 4-3-3, but I heard there's chances, they'll take a man off from up top (villa/pedro), and play keita, to have more players in the midfield... I think Busquets needs to be in the midfield cause he controls the time and spaces perfectly, and is key in the tiki-taka game... I think this option of playing with 1 more midfielder to have more presence in the midfield would be great and would work pretty well, but we'll see tomorow....

Can't freaking wait.

Heard its gonna be

dani-masche-pique-adriano

Xavi - Busquets - Keita

Villa - Messi - Iniesta

shahensha
Veteran Member

I hope this Fontas fellow gets a shot. He played a few games in 09 when guardiola wanted to rest his starters for the CL final. For a 19 year old, he was very composed and solid in the backline. Mind you, he is not captain courageous.......but he showed promises of being a reliable defender in those games.

Also, it wouldnt really be fair to say Dani Alves is all about speed and stamina. Granted his shots are too wayward at times and his crosses even more so, his touch on the ball and ground passing is very good.

Lastly, I am very excited that all my exams are done and this final happens to be on 420. the timing really couldnt be any better

klc123
Veteran Member

I hope Pep doesn't take one of MVP off the top, he's never been a manager to change the way he wants his team to play due to the opposition, and I can't see him deciding to do that now.

I'm guessing Mourinho will camp his box for the first 70 minutes and then 20 minutes from time go for it with explosive attacks.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Also, it wouldnt really be fair to say Dani Alves is all about speed and stamina. Granted his shots are too wayward at times and his crosses even more so, his touch on the ball and ground passing is very good.
Excuse me, of course.....

I am one of dani alves biggest fan's.. I really think he's the best in the world by far in his position, and overall one of the best players in the world at the moment, one of the best right backs of the world.. His touch on the ball is really orgasmic, he's a legend, a beast, I love seeing him. His dribbing skills break so much defenders back its ridiculous...

What I meant to say was that if you take away his speed and stamina, you would take a lot away from him as a player.

Rating: 3.12 (34 votes)
I hope Pep doesn't take one of MVP off the top, he's never been a manager to change the way he wants his team to play due to the opposition, and I can't see him deciding to do that now.
Its already done brother.. Is it me or do I remember Pep playin Keita in big matches to add more balance to the team, and win the battle over the midfield... I think its golden.. Pedrillo is great but Keita will help Barcelona control the midfield and play their game. I'm really happy for this..

I think this will be a match similar to the world cup final, and we all know who Spain is.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Never Mind, another change of lineups, back to the orignial....

Pinto, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Adriano, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta; Pedro, Villa and Messi.

panchester07
Veteran Member

What a fu**in perfect goal that was..

Villa was pathetic... I hope the Aguero rumours confirm themselves... South American blood and balls its what this Dream Team needs.. Villa couldn't control a fu**ing ball today, and only was good for diving and picking fights with the Madrilian backline... Hey would try to lay off a heel pass to Messi or pedro or iniesta and fu** up.. He sucked balls and had to be removed earlier... I like Villa, and he should stay in Barca and he will but the truth is that they might need another striker, and I seen the press talking about Nilmar or Aguero, and i think the argentine sounds real good....

That's football- Congratulations Real Madrid..

First half for Madrid by far...

Second half for Barcelona by further... Iker needs a statue outside of the Bernabeu ASAP.... He saved the merengue's more than 3 clear chances... Barca created the chances in the second half and easily could have put the match away...

I was in a hookah restaurant, and in Pedro's goal I knocked down the freaking hookah... Thank God it didn't break, I ran to the street, and when I got back the goal had been called off.. Brilliant play, typical play between Messi and Villa, only that the asturian was sh*tty today, so Pedro had to make the runs, and he finished like the gods.. It was really, really tight, and I've seen images where it shows he's on-sides, so I don't know ..

Apart from the first half Barca had more opportunities to win the match, but that's how football goes, so again congrats merengues.

The Goal:
Was perfection, Marcelo to Di Maria, who makes a cut, and with the precision of a surgeon, puts it perfectly in Ronaldo's forhead, who times it like an alarm clock, and connects the fu**ing ball right in the middle of hisforhead and the middle of the ball to put it in the back of the net - UNSTOPABLE...

2 goal keepers couldn't have saved that sh*t.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Agreed. As much as it hurts me to say, Madrid were worthy of lifting the cup. It was a tale of two halves, with Madrid completely overwhelming Barcelona in the first half. It was very difficult for us to pull off more than two passes and get into a rhythm. The second half was different and it was normal Barcelona.

Pedro was very off in the first half. He picked up big time in the second. Villa's goal drought has been hurting Barcelona for a while but even then, one musnt take away from Madrid's victory. Casillas made some brilliant saves and the winning goal was too difficult to stop from happening.
panchester07 wrote:
Excuse me, of course.....

I am one of dani alves biggest fan's.. I really think he's the best in the world by far in his position, and overall one of the best players in the world at the moment, one of the best right backs of the world.. His touch on the ball is really orgasmic, he's a legend, a beast, I love seeing him. His dribbing skills break so much defenders back its ridiculous...

What I meant to say was that if you take away his speed and stamina, you would take a lot away from him as a player.

Rating: 3.12 (34 votes)
no worries, i was just expressing an opinion, not making a bitchy comment against your opinion and yeah, he does rely on his speed and stamina, more so than his skills.

collin
Veteran Member

aguero would be perfect for barcelona hes the perfect player for them, hes small and quick and technical as fu** plus him and messi are good together

shahensha
Veteran Member

we need a giant humble bastard who doesnt mind shining the spot-light instead of hogging all the glory.

for all the praise that this barca team gets, its biggest weakness is ultra defensive teams (which madrid reverted back to during the second half, despite a commendable blitzkrieg like attacking approach in the first half) and aggression. if there is a team that plays very aggressively against us, our players tend to get very frustrated and find it diffcult to get into any proper rhythm.

even messi, who gets appreciated for his humility threw tantrums in the first clasico like spoiled kid. just shrug it off and focus on the game. its very disconcerting to see players arguing with the ref when time and time again, pep tells them to just shut up and play.

I mean, its not anti-football if you cross the ball from the wings and take that aerial route. the team becomes too predictable if every corner just leads to a short pass.

panchester07
Veteran Member

e'too would have put away atleast 1 in this final....he always did..

villa needs to fu** off

i like aguero for barca a lot i really do..

pep team needs to shake it off.. they where better for periods and unlucky they could have won it today...

i really think you could talk about a psycological killer in this match.. atleast i am... i wonder how the players will feel... they need to earn there respect as a dream team and make it throughin the champs league...