The Total Destroyer..

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
TheBrilliance

Who here is actually going for Barcelona?

I know Im not. I hope Madrid can destroy them. I dont care for any one particular team in the La Liga but i find Madrids play slightly more entertaining, even though they arent as dominant. I have a soft spot for Xabi and Arby aswell, i really hope Madrid can make the CL final and win the cup.

What are the exact fixtures? Whos playing where?

shahensha
Veteran Member

well, you prolly know by now that 80% of my discussion here is Barca related, as for the fixtures:

Madrid vs Barcelona, Liga, Santiago Bernabeu

Barcelona vs Madrid, Copa 420 8), Mestalla (Valencia)

Madrid vs Barcelona, CL 4/27, SB

Barcelona vs Madrid, CL 5/02, Camp Nou

nick117
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:Madrid vs Barcelona, Liga, Santiago Bernabeu

drool :shock:

desire10
Veteran Member

nick117 wrote:

Quad-triple clasico'!
Everything you need, is already inside.

TheBrilliance

nick117 wrote:

ditto. Over Ozil...

Wait. What?

klc123
Veteran Member

It's Quadruple not Quadtriple. If that's what you were intending to mean desire lol.

Messi will play every game he possibly can, he loves to play football for the team, regardless of whether he has a big fixture coming up. They were talking on revista about how often he tells Pep not to sub him and to keep him on for the rest of the game, when players like Xavi and Iniesta are being taken off to be rested.

desire10
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:It's Quadruple not Quadtriple. If that's what you were intending to mean desire lol.

Messi will play every game he possibly can, he loves to play football for the team, regardless of whether he has a big fixture coming up. They were talking on revista about how often he tells Pep not to sub him and to keep him on for the rest of the game, when players like Xavi and Iniesta are being taken off to be rested.
That's the one!
Everything you need, is already inside.

klc123
Veteran Member

What a blow for barca...relastically the match had little significance on the title race which appears to be over. Psychologically however it will have given real Madrid a massive boost for the remaining 3 classicos...wednesday could be a very nerve racking affair.

Not trying to be biased but I felt barca should have had another penalty in the first half when villa was brought down. Real stuck to their guns very well however and had barca on the ropes at one point....

panchester07
Veteran Member

I don't see why...

Real Madrid play in THEIR ground, 8 points behind Barcelona in the league, and they are gonna play with 7 defensive players? 4 in the back line and 3 defensive midfielders or destructors? Ilogical..

They say its a sweet tie, that inspite of tying Barcelona it tastes like victory I can't see how.. Your still 8 points behind, with 1 match less.. :roll:

You just gave the league away, and your celebrating? How low for the madridistas....

Its a fact that they are so use to Barcelona slapping them home and away that a tie for them, vs a team thats playing 75% is like a victory, thats the signs of being a little, little team..

Did anyone see what Mouriño did? He gave orders not to cut the grass so it was longer, and not to irrigate it so it was dry.. The grass was taller and the field was dryer, to cut down barca's ball circulation,- talk about inferiority complex and not knowing how to beat a team honestly - inspite of that- barca had 70% of the posesion or more during the majority of the game..

The fact that Pepe was the man of the match for Madrid says a lot - The fact that he left the game with no yellow cards is hilarious - And the fact that he was calling Messi crazy made me collapse in laughter, yes Pepe calling some one else crazy ..

Congratulations to Madrid for their tie with taste of victory, meanwhile, barca just took the league ..

Villa, whats wrong man? your killing me.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

nick117
Veteran Member

^this is where your bias comes into play. Klc said it best it wasn't about winning mou already knew the league was over it was purely mental showing that his players could compete with barca.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Lol, I'll never understand Barca fans. They walk around talking like football is "them", and that nothing else matters but Barca. Funny thing is, Barca, at least the Barca, that everyone seems to be supporting right about now, didn't really start showing their true colors, if you will, till maybe around the 07-08 season. I can honestly ask 10 out of 15 Barca fans, when did you start supporting Barca, and who is your favorite player, and I can already pre-determine the two answers.

1. When they beat Man U. Or last/this year.
2. Messi

And the great thing is, if they lose, they can never lose without making an excuse...oh the refs...oh they played too physical, for example when Inter held them in last years CL, I did not hear the end of the excuses from Barca "fans". If you ever watch a Barca game, watch the refs just protect Messi, protect Barca players, and if a Barca player commits a foul, watch them just bitch bitch bitch. Watch Sergio, Pique, Xavi, and Iniesta constantly give referees an earful to possibly help influence the ref.

Now, I'm not trying to just bash Barca, because I enjoy watching them pass about, I'm just trying to see if I'm the only one who isn't going absolutely insane listening to people talk about Barcelona as if Jesus took a sh*t and it was Barca, then plastered them in 24k gold encrusted with diamonds, blessed by Elvis.

I personally enjoyed watching Barca play when Ronaldinho and Deco were pulling the strings- that is the Barca team I am a fan of.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Watch Sergio, Pique, Xavi, and Iniesta constantly give referees an earful to possibly help influence the ref.
As far as I know, every team does that.. And in certain situations they have a right to complain, the ref was horrible.. The foul from Iker over Villa was clearly a pk.
this is where your bias comes into play. Klc said it best it wasn't about winning mou already knew the league was over it was purely mental showing that his players could compete with barca.
What? Does KLC work for Real Madrid now? I'm jsut pointing out how thousands of madrilian fans rejoice how they tied barca with 10 men, like if it was a major victory. And how 4-5 years ago a tie vs Barca in their home ground would be considered a huge loss of a points. How their standards have dropped.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

ajc
The Philly Flyer

panchester07 wrote:Did anyone see what Mouriño did? He gave orders not to cut the grass so it was longer, and not to irrigate it so it was dry.. The grass was taller and the field was dryer, to cut down barca's ball circulation,- talk about inferiority complex and not knowing how to beat a team honestly - inspite of that- barca had 70% of the posesion or more during the majority of the game..
^^That's called home field advantage. Inferiority complex? Please.

And like others have already stated, even if Madrid won this match they still were never going to win the league.

Barca had scored I think 12 consecutive goals in classicos before Madrid got their goal? So yeah, of course it feels like a taste of victory, and it will give Madrid confidence going forward that they can get results in the coming matches.

I don't know how you could call Madrid a "little, little team." That just doesn't make any sense.

panchester07
Veteran Member

I'm saying their behaviour is proper of a little team, not that they are. Any team that goes ultra defensive, and celebrates a tie like if they won the world cup is being conformist and settling for less than what they can achieve. Historically Madrid is bigger than Barcelona, but if they need to play with 7 defensive players, use the long grass, and feel victorious after a 1-1 at home, when they should play to win the match since their trailling is behaving like a small team.

They say that for the champions league match in Bernabeu, Mou is considering next, putting mirrors behind Casillas' goal to confuse the fcb players, or shooting messi directly in the leg, but he hasn't decided yet. :D

"Real Madrid bought the best to BEAT Barca, not to play like Racing" - Guti after the match criticizing his ex-teams attitude of castenachio football instead of looking for the victory..

Yeah yeah Park the bus, take the spectacle away, what else is new mourinho.
Last edited by panchester07 on 18 Apr 2011, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

nick117
Veteran Member

At the end of the day they both have played on the same pitch. At home i'm sure barca waters their grass and keeps it ultra short. To be fair teams do surround the ref but barca makes a separate event out of it.