The Total Destroyer..

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
panchester07
Veteran Member

Astronouts call it PHA, or Potentially Hazardous Asteroid, but since the name sounds like a lemon scented deodorant, or a musical, we can comprehend why the writers of the infamous but great movie Armageadon, use a much more powerful name to refer to it - The Total Destroyer . Whith both designations, we make reference to the same thing - an asteroid that when clashes with our planet, would cause total extintion of every form of life. Asta La Vista Baby!

One day prior of the start of the Rally of Clasico's, many are the speculations about how each team will measure out. Specially tomorrow's- With the league being almost Barcelona's, even with a negative result, and the Cup Final just 4 days away. There a numerous different opinions on how to play each clasico - Johan Cruyff made his clear this week"if its good enough to win 2 titles, you just need to win two matches", from this we can figure out that he recommends Pep to have a conservative strategy. He's saying that the Cup Final, and the second leg @ Camp Nou are priorities. Typical from Johan. The dutch possesses the winning gene. We are talking about a man who , won 4 leagues in 5 years in Ajax, denied renewing a contract at age 37. His president justified his actions " Cruyff is done with elite football" - and what did Johan do? Sign a contract with Feyenoord- the archirivals of his previous team, and made them champions of League and Cup, thats what I call being competive, brave, and experienced. It was Johan who taught his Dream Team in Barcelona, to not only play beautiful, but very effective.

He's recomendation to Pep makes sense, because apart from being a magnificent Manager, he always had a little point of cowardy, when it came to facing rivals Real Madrid. In spite of the titles won by that Super Barcelona team, and the feeling of domination over its rivals are huge, we can't remember any great matches vs Real Madrid in Bernabeu from Cruyff's Barcelona.. In this aspect, Guardiola notoriously surpasses the dutch- The catalunyan has been capable of tearing to pieces the mystique that surrounds of the white stadium(bernabeu). Xavi called it clearly last year - "I've been in this team many years, and something has notoriously changed:Now, we come to Bernabeu TO WIN". Precisely for that reason, Pep has to have in mind, that infront of his nose he has a historical opportunity, because if he doesn't give in, if he's brave, instead of conservative like Cruyff, if he's faithfull to his playing style, to the tiki-taka, if he thinks of today and not tomorrow, if against the best team of the XX century, the best team in the champions league this season, if against Casillas, Pepe, Sergio, Carvalho, Marcelo, Xabi, Khedira, Ozil, Adebayor, Kaka, Cristiano, Di Maria, Higuian, and the super-villain Mourinho, his team wins with authority all 4 clasico's that are coming up, and he ends the season lifting the cup in wembley, he will accomplish a feat never to be seen before, he would have turned this FC Barcelona, into a TOTAL DESTRUCTOR. Its an unlikely scenario, but if it occurs, Real Madrid would be reduced to a gigantic smoldering crater, from which life would take a while to sprout again. Its reasonable that Guardiola has proposed to himself to try it. Its the closest to his belief system as a Manager: "Don't speculate, lets be ourself, its a pleasure to play these games". Pep has no happy medium, and isn't a conformist.

to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

stephen8789

It is the best feeling to be able to humiliate your rivals and Barcelona have a great opportunity to show everybody that real Madrid is no competition for them. If they are able to win all the clasicos people will never forget it and there team will be talked about as legends

panchester07
Veteran Member

stephen8789 wrote:It is the best feeling to be able to humiliate your rivals and Barcelona have a great opportunity to show everybody that real Madrid is no competition for them. If they are able to win all the clasicos people will never forget it and there team will be talked about as legends
U know it brotha.

Just worries me a bit the fact that Puyi and Abidal are out in the back line... But I guess the cule's can play Gabi, and Adriano or Maxwell.

Or if not then Busquets in the back line.. He seemed to do it well..

Maybe Puyol will be back for the champions league enconters..

Please, Please, Please I want Barcelona to jab, jab, jab and upper cut, to KO Madrid in all 4 clasicos.

Atleast Copa del Rey, and make it to the final in the champs.

shahensha
Veteran Member

I am extremely excited about this series of clasicos. Considering two of these clasicos are at the bernabeu and its against the special one, I am too nervous to think of the possible outcomes. Pep has said many times that he takes it one game at a time and he acts true to his words, so I will follow the same example.

As for the defence, I have a lot of suspicions that we might see this line up for the first two clasicos:

Alves - Pique - Mascherano - Adriano

I was impressed when Busquets and Mascherano made the switch during the Almeria game. Barcelona was having troubles creating plays and moving the ball around in midfield......enter Busquets and it was vintage barca possession. In addition to that, Mascherano ended up recovering the ball more than any barca player in that game.

Adriano is certainly a more assertive defender than Maxwell. He is right footed too so he wont launch a lot of crosses and just play short balls.

Mascherano is an amazing defender. I reiterate, I have never seen a Barcelona player make so many slide-tackles, let alone the successful ones. This allows Busquets to play in the midfield. Mascherano is a great DM who just chases down anyone like a hungry wolverine and has the ability to make accurate long-balls.......however Busquets is a great pivot, who just keeps the ball rolling with smart one-touch play and also good at defending against attackers, but not good enough to be relied upon as the last defender. Also Pique and Busquets are two of the slowest players on the team, along with Xavi.

Also, there is a likely possibility that our powerful talisman of a captain will be back for the CL clasicos

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Visca Barça, Visca Cataluña!

shahensha
Veteran Member

oh fu**, i forgot mascherano is suspended from the first clasico because of yellow cards.

the great news is that Puyol is cleared to play and will travel to madrid tomorrow.

klc123
Veteran Member

Mascherano at first did not play a big role in the Barca team. His style of play, in England was completely different to how Barcelona play, and that was reflected in how awkward he seemed on the pitch.

However, as he has settled into the team, and injuries have limited the squad, I think he has become a pivotal player for us in both the league and Champions league. He is in my opinion one of the best "destroyers" around in the game, his ability to read ahead of play and sniff out any threats before they materialise is outstanding. He obviously is not a brilliant passer of the ball, but he doesn't need to be, training day in and day out with Barcelona has clearly made his short passing game improved, because you seem him getting involved in ball movement that in the EPL would be considered wasteful as it is "back and side passes" and all that other bulls**t England fans come up with.

Many said there was a clash of positions with him and Busquets, but if i'm totally honest I think both of them have had their best games this season when they are both on the pitch. Busquets fills the role as the deep lying pressure soaker in midfield, keeping the ball moving fluidly between xavi and iniesta. He is allowed to do this to his best ability now when Mascherano is on the pitch, because Masch takes pretty much all the defensive duties, leaving Busquets to his more creative side. I have nothing but praise and admiration for the two of them.

Tomorrow is going to be very interesting indeed. Real have showed against Tottenham in the Champions League that they can play counter attacking football as good as or even better than anyone else in the world now that mou has settled in, and that is the real Achilles heel for Barca's game plan.

klc123
Veteran Member

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/ ... 16925.html

"Puyol declared fit and all off to Madrid"

If i'm totally honest, I'm not surprised they have sprung this up the day before the game. What fantastic news, I have a funny feeling pep has known about him coming back for a while as well...

panchester07
Veteran Member

I think mascherano is the best destroyer in football, i think he's the best defensive midfield out there, very fu**in good, nothing but praise and admiration for him...

He's doesn't have the tiki-taka chip, as inserted in his mind as Busquets, for the Spaniard has "made in la masia" printed in his anus, but he's perfectly capable of playing 5 meter passes, or 35 meter passes for the matter.. Point being, he's a pro for God's sake, all he needs to do is to pass and receive and thats very simple, he's good at it to..

Much better destroyer than Busquets, or anyone out there, but Busquets does have the posession and ball circulation chip in his head, and might beat the Argentine in it. Still again, i don't see how hard it can be to lay off a 5 meter pass to a teammate, and move a little. Don't forget Mascherano is argentine, and Argentinians play possesion as well, played in Brazil a few years also, he can play football.

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Im sorry, but the true "ultimate destroyer" for Real Madrid tommorow will be Lionel Messi, also known as La Pulga..

klc123
Veteran Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehCnW-dT08M

What Busquets does for Barcelona is not simple, it is not easy, it is not something anyone can do. He just makes it look like that.

nick117
Veteran Member

I honestly hope barca lose. Not because i hate them i just want a little more pressure on them in the league, if they win this it's pretty safe to say they could play their reserves and get the points needed to take the title again.

shahensha
Veteran Member

I think Pep wants to win the league clasico tomorrow so he can relax and rest his star players for the CL encounters.

nick117
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:I think Pep wants to win the league clasico tomorrow so he can relax and rest his star players for the CL encounters.
exactly why i hope they lose. I wonder if messi would request to play even if they win tomorrow?

collin
Veteran Member

I don't think Mascherano is the best defensive midfielder, actually im not sure its very close because there are different types of defensive mids. You have Ever Banega from Argentina who is very good at passing and has good skills, hes not much of a tackler like mascherano but i think he is technically better. Wilson Palacios is a destroyer probably not as good as mascherano though. Fernandes when he played for Valencia was sick. can't think of many others