Champions League round of 8!

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
TheBrilliance
Senior Member
Posts: 186
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 07:40

Post by TheBrilliance » 13 Apr 2011, 23:33

nick117 wrote:utd madrid would be by far the most exciting final. 2 great managers and 2 teams full of attacking talent. Barca sucks the fun out of finals and shalke well i don't think they could handle madrid or barca and i don't enjoy teams like them. might as well have sunderland in there.
Aw chimone man. Bundesliga is a brilliant league. My favourite league after English and Scottish. S04 havent had a great season but with players like Raul, Howitzer, Hunteelar, Farfan, i hope they do something. 2005 Liverpool esque

desire10
Veteran Member
Posts: 689
Joined: 23 Feb 2011, 05:47

Post by desire10 » 13 Apr 2011, 23:36

Schalke 2-1, through on aggregate, and Real eased through with a 1-0 over Tottenham.

The Inter/Schalke match I only saw about five - ten mins of, but what I saw and including the highlights it seemed a fairly slow paced game.

On the other hand, Real and Spurs was a great game, especially the first half, when the tiempo was high, and the atmosphere electric. Later on Spurs and their fans lost hope, and were just looking for a single goal towards the end for their pride. Pretty good game though!

Can't wait to see if we can get a triple clasico'!
Image
Everything you need, is already inside.

nick117
Veteran Member
Posts: 1105
Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 23:14

Post by nick117 » 13 Apr 2011, 23:49

I feel bad for spurs all they need is a real goalie another good striker and maybe some defensive improvements. They have one of the best sets of mids around a decent defense but are lacking up front and in goal.

desire10
Veteran Member
Posts: 689
Joined: 23 Feb 2011, 05:47

Post by desire10 » 13 Apr 2011, 23:58

nick117 wrote:I feel bad for spurs all they need is a real goalie another good striker and maybe some defensive improvements. They have one of the best sets of mids around a decent defense but are lacking up front and in goal.
Pavlychenko (CBF looking up spelling) was a poor choice to start off spearheading the front line imo. Ronaldo's strike was average, I thought at first he must of knuckled it, and that's what caused Gomes to spill it. But in the replay it just dipped a tad, nothing to unique. He still could of saved it the second time if he was more desperate.
Image
Everything you need, is already inside.

nick117
Veteran Member
Posts: 1105
Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 23:14

Post by nick117 » 14 Apr 2011, 00:37

exactly it didn't have a ton of power swerve or anything out of the ordinary, hell he didn't even need to catch it he could of hit it straight down and picked it up.

TheBrilliance
Senior Member
Posts: 186
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 07:40

Post by TheBrilliance » 14 Apr 2011, 01:04

desire10 wrote:Schalke 2-1, through on aggregate, and Real eased through with a 1-0 over Tottenham.

The Inter/Schalke match I only saw about five - ten mins of, but what I saw and including the highlights it seemed a fairly slow paced game.

On the other hand, Real and Spurs was a great game, especially the first half, when the tiempo was high, and the atmosphere electric. Later on Spurs and their fans lost hope, and were just looking for a single goal towards the end for their pride. Pretty good game though!

Can't wait to see if we can get a triple clasico'!
The camera angle in the game was weird ill be perfectly honest. Usually Spurs game as really high footbage and i mean really high. They dont seem to have a standard angle.

And yeah get them another keeper. There midfield is full of quality and the defense is too. In terms of strikers; they have Crouchy, Defoe, Pav, Keane and VDV as a second striker.
Keane will leave. Pav can add a spark at times. Crouch and Defoe at their best are both insane but this season have been so inconsistent. VDV has been awesome.
I say get rid of Pav and Keane and bring in a superstar. Im sure they can get one, they seem to want everyone else :P

I 'Defoe' think someone should swipe Shay Given. The best keeper in the Premier League behind Pepe and unfortunately Joe Hart. On his game he has to be the best in the world. Has anyone seen him on his game?

desire10
Veteran Member
Posts: 689
Joined: 23 Feb 2011, 05:47

Post by desire10 » 14 Apr 2011, 01:26

TheBrilliance wrote:
desire10 wrote:Schalke 2-1, through on aggregate, and Real eased through with a 1-0 over Tottenham.

The Inter/Schalke match I only saw about five - ten mins of, but what I saw and including the highlights it seemed a fairly slow paced game.

On the other hand, Real and Spurs was a great game, especially the first half, when the tiempo was high, and the atmosphere electric. Later on Spurs and their fans lost hope, and were just looking for a single goal towards the end for their pride. Pretty good game though!

Can't wait to see if we can get a triple clasico'!
The camera angle in the game was weird ill be perfectly honest. Usually Spurs game as really high footbage and i mean really high. They dont seem to have a standard angle.

And yeah get them another keeper. There midfield is full of quality and the defense is too. In terms of strikers; they have Crouchy, Defoe, Pav, Keane and VDV as a second striker.
Keane will leave. Pav can add a spark at times. Crouch and Defoe at their best are both insane but this season have been so inconsistent. VDV has been awesome.
I say get rid of Pav and Keane and bring in a superstar. Im sure they can get one, they seem to want everyone else :P

I 'Defoe' think someone should swipe Shay Given. The best keeper in the Premier League behind Pepe and unfortunately Joe Hart. On his game he has to be the best in the world. Has anyone seen him on his game?
Well Keane's half gone, he's on loan to the hamers.

And yes! I thought I was the only one with that camera angle! The last match I saw of White Heart Lane was nearly a birds-eye, and this one for some reason was as if I was mourinho dictating on the touch-line.
Image
Everything you need, is already inside.

TheBrilliance
Senior Member
Posts: 186
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 07:40

Post by TheBrilliance » 14 Apr 2011, 02:39

desire10 wrote:
TheBrilliance wrote:
desire10 wrote:Schalke 2-1, through on aggregate, and Real eased through with a 1-0 over Tottenham.

The Inter/Schalke match I only saw about five - ten mins of, but what I saw and including the highlights it seemed a fairly slow paced game.

On the other hand, Real and Spurs was a great game, especially the first half, when the tiempo was high, and the atmosphere electric. Later on Spurs and their fans lost hope, and were just looking for a single goal towards the end for their pride. Pretty good game though!

Can't wait to see if we can get a triple clasico'!
The camera angle in the game was weird ill be perfectly honest. Usually Spurs game as really high footbage and i mean really high. They dont seem to have a standard angle.

And yeah get them another keeper. There midfield is full of quality and the defense is too. In terms of strikers; they have Crouchy, Defoe, Pav, Keane and VDV as a second striker.
Keane will leave. Pav can add a spark at times. Crouch and Defoe at their best are both insane but this season have been so inconsistent. VDV has been awesome.
I say get rid of Pav and Keane and bring in a superstar. Im sure they can get one, they seem to want everyone else :P

I 'Defoe' think someone should swipe Shay Given. The best keeper in the Premier League behind Pepe and unfortunately Joe Hart. On his game he has to be the best in the world. Has anyone seen him on his game?
Well Keane's half gone, he's on loan to the hamers.

And yes! I thought I was the only one with that camera angle! The last match I saw of White Heart Lane was nearly a birds-eye, and this one for some reason was as if I was mourinho dictating on the touch-line.
Someone get that club a filming booth!

Post Reply