Round of 16 UCL

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
nick117
Veteran Member

I watched their game vs meinz the other day robben made at least 6 chances for muller alone and he finished 1 i think if that. also evan it's nice to see your glory hunting self change to another team.

Evan
Veteran Member

I watched their game vs meinz the other day robben made at least 6 chances for muller alone and he finished 1 i think if that. also evan it's nice to see your glory hunting self change to another team.
1) You're making a judgment about their finishing after only a couple of games you've watched.

2) It's nice to see that you can't have a debate without resorting to personal attacks. And as I've stated to you before, I'm not a glory hunter, I watch any game I can, and I don't call myself a supporter of any team really. I like to watch any team I can (I've watched Barca and Benfica's games all year, just watched Benfica against Stuttgart 2nd leg, saw the first aswell), so please, keep the stupid remarks to yourself.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

nick117
Veteran Member

don't lie you were a die hard madrid supporter then you loved barca and now you love benfica i guess. it's ok though it's tough out there for a glory hunter with how close leagues are this year.

Evan
Veteran Member

nick117 wrote:don't lie you were a die hard madrid supporter then you loved barca and now you love benfica i guess. it's ok though it's tough out there for a glory hunter with how close leagues are this year.
I can't say I support any of those teams really, I watch their games still just as much as I ever have. Some years I want to see certain teams do better, which is why you're probably mistaking me for a glory hunter. I want to see Madrid get past the round of 16, I'd like to see Tottenham win the Champions League, I'd like to see Barca win La Liga again, big deal. I'm sorry you can't seem to have a debate without throwing insults around and dragging threads off topic, but really, there's no need for this.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

nick117
Veteran Member

Evan wrote:
nick117 wrote:don't lie you were a die hard madrid supporter then you loved barca and now you love benfica i guess. it's ok though it's tough out there for a glory hunter with how close leagues are this year.
I can't say I support any of those teams really, I watch their games still just as much as I ever have. Some years I want to see certain teams do better, which is why you're probably mistaking me for a glory hunter. I want to see Madrid get past the round of 16, I'd like to see Tottenham win the Champions League, I'd like to see Barca win La Liga again, big deal. I'm sorry you can't seem to have a debate without throwing insults around and dragging threads off topic, but really, there's no need for this.
Fair enough but at one point you went off on some tangent about how much you loved madrid and would stop supporting them if they sold higuian. Reguardless, i'm waiting for utd to get a decent midfield again anderson's injured parks injured scholes is getting too old to play 90 minutes every week, gibson is still average for the time being carrick and fletcher have been bland it's sad right now.

Evan
Veteran Member

Fair enough but at one point you went off on some tangent about how much you loved madrid and would stop supporting them if they sold higuian.
Yeah mate I can see where you're coming from BUT I said:

"To be honest if he leaves I'm going to have to say fu** Madrid, I don't think I would even be able to watch them anymore."

Yeah, like I said, I enjoy watching lots of teams. I have never thought myself a true supporter of any club. If I have said so in the past then I apologize but do know I am NOT a glory hunter.

And yes, I agree, yall's mid has been fu**ed by bad luck and age.

soccer11
Admin

nick117 wrote:I watched their game vs meinz the other day robben made at least 6 chances for muller alone and he finished 1 i think if that. also evan it's nice to see your glory hunting self change to another team.
I do remember Müller missing that one but he did set up the goal by Müller if i remember correctly. You make some, you miss some. Once they all get their chemistry working, I'm sure they'll work it out. And to be fair Robben has only played 5 games in the Bundesliga and he already has 4 goals and 2 assists. [/u]

panchester07
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:
nick117 wrote:I watched their game vs meinz the other day robben made at least 6 chances for muller alone and he finished 1 i think if that. also evan it's nice to see your glory hunting self change to another team.
I do remember Müller missing that one but he did set up the goal by Müller if i remember correctly. You make some, you miss some. Once they all get their chemistry working, I'm sure they'll work it out. And to be fair Robben has only played 5 games in the Bundesliga and he already has 4 goals and 2 assists. [/u]
This

I don't watch the bundesliga but I think its just adjusting the minor details and it will be ok..

If a team is a creating the chances then they can be happy cause they are playing well, not finishing can be bad, but improving in finishing, is 100 times easier than trying to improve in other tactics like creating chances, and team chemistry which bayern has a lot .....

Give them a month like everybody has said and they will start putting them away more and more..

Robben is top 3 of the world, if only he didn't get injured so much..

Basically when he's on 1 v 1 or 1 v 2, he's gonna win and take a shot/cross, lay off a pass, he's such a genius...

Ribery wasn't playing so good vs Inter to be honest... Did he loose it? Or is he still out of form?

I like Bayern, they play attractive attacking football..

Nick, or anybody, Whats the deal with Anderson, Valencia, Ferdinand, Park? I think I read Valencia was training with the reserves.. Park got back from the asian cup and got injured in training and I think I read 2 months? Whats with Ferdinand and Anderson? I like fletcher, and I dislike gibson/carrick, i mean they're good but not Man Utd standards I don't think.. And John O'shea is a pathetic excuse for a right winger, Rafael shoould play.

Just found this:
On the more longer-term injuries, Ji-sung Park (hamstring), Anderson (knee) and Antonio Valencia (ankle) are all on course for March comebacks. “Ji-sung Park is still two weeks away,” added the boss. “Anderson will probably be back in three weeks, he’s back in Portugal now and we’ll have to see how he progresses.“Antonio is doing well in training but it’s difficult to assess when he’ll be back. We have to make a decision on when to play him in terms of his own confidence after being out for so long. He could be back in two weeks hopefully.”

to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

soccer11
Admin

panchester07 wrote:Ribery wasn't playing so good vs Inter to be honest... Did he loose it? Or is he still out of form?
Ribery picked up a knock against Mainz on the weekend. At some point, there was doubt that he would even be playing in the CL game so if i had to guess, I'd say he was still feeling the affects of it.
I also like Bayern a lot. They're a very enjoyable team to watch.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Ah man. Puyol is ruled out for the game against Arsenal. Valdes is back but the bad and very concerning news is that both first choice CBs are out of the game and there is only one natural CB, which is Milito and he is terrible! Great, the whole "squad is small" complaint comes back to bite us now.

hmm perhaps Pep will have to take drastic measures. I really hope he throws this formation

Alves - Mascherano - Abidal - Maxwell

Biscuit

Xavi Iniesta

Pedro Messi Villa

Mascherano is a better choice for CB than Biscuit. He played CDM yesterday against zaragoza and prolly had his best game in a barca shirt. MOTM performance for sure. Besides I have seen him play CB.......then again it was against us Canadians in a friendly sooo, I am not sure. One thing is for certain though, he must play!

TommyGun
Veteran Member

I wouldn't fret too much as I have no faith missing Rvp and Walcott and possibly having a 70% Cesc. It seems we are dealing with the same issues as last year so I don't expect much attacking ability from our squad now. The fact that Barca WILL score and we'll just have to match it worries me without the possibility of RvP/Walcott/Cesc(not 100%)/Song(not 100%). I liked our odds with the 1st team squad from the 1st leg but wow, how things change.

I'm willing to bet it'll be Masch and Biscuit switched just due to size/height to contend with Bendtner/Chamakh. It's tough to find players that want to play as a backup to the Barca XI + have the ability to slide in without a noticeable drop. Great squads will always suffer with that, especially if the starting XI is rarely injured/missing.

klc123
Veteran Member

I think Abidal has to be played at CB because if he doesn't Arsenal will be very dangerous when the ball is in the air.

I think Barca will be best off playing the formation given by Shahensha, and just relying on the fact that Busquets Xavi and Iniesta will give the ball away once in a blue moon when on form and at home.

Attacking wise, Barca haven't looked too clever in their last few league games, Messi has been below his exceptional average and the whole team seems to be lacking ideas in the final third. I am really concerned about this match, everyone has wrote Arsenal off but anything can happen.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Abidal, Mascherano or buscuits at centre back, And your 100% Barca will win? Just because they play for barca doesnt make them better players or allow them to be amongst the best in the world at unfamiliar postions. They are all average to poor at centre back compared to the first choices.

Asenal play against better CB paiings evey week and win (only when Fabregas plays :P )

Yes barca are amazing going forward but would you bet against Arsenal scoring? They could... easily.

Of course barca always have the ability to crush Arsenal but there are also a number of realistic possibilities that result in Arsenal going through

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

klc123
Veteran Member

TommyGun
Veteran Member

What was the story? I get the whole "Sorry we cannot retrieve this story." when I go to the link.

There's a chance that RvP COULD start the game based on Wenger's statements. He said he's made miracle progress in the last 3 days. With that said, it appears Song is looking more doubtful. Cesc is 80-90% so I'm assuming he'll play.