Round of 16 UCL

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 22 Feb 2011, 04:44

Oh yeah, forgot my predictions for tomorrow & wed.

Cop v Chelski ------- 1-1 draw.

RM v Lyon ------ 2-1 for Lyon.

Inter v Bayern ------- I think it'll be a 2-2 draw.

OM v United ------- pains me to say it, but United 3-0. I'd love to see OM 1-0 but I can't imagine United losing right now.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 22 Feb 2011, 20:59

i am really enjoying the physical stop and start play of lyon vs Madrid... :roll:

wow pepe intervened in a fight between alonso and cris to break the scuffle up.......who would have thought? :lol:

even though he played at arsenal, adebyaor is still a terrible passer of the ball

Edit: and the former lyon saviour, comes back as a killer. great goal from benzema considering he worked so hard to win the ball.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 23 Feb 2011, 00:22

After going a goal down lyon just increased their tempo and started playing better. Even after getting the goal they pressed harder and attacked relentlessly. Well either that or Mourinho taking out ozeil for diarra put madrid on the backfoot. I am gonna go with the latter because even though lass ( :lol: ) wears the number 10, he has little to no attacking quality.

Oh well, Madrid have got the crucial away goal so they should be fancying themselves to go through, especially at the bernabeu. Mourinho has completed his nine years without defeat at home in his managerial career last weekend against Levante so I dont think lyon will spoil the party.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 23 Feb 2011, 01:03

Mou removed someone else it wasn't ozil it was khadira.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 23 Feb 2011, 02:00

really? in anycase, oezil being taken off really hurt madrid's approach

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 23 Feb 2011, 06:38

shahensha wrote:i am really enjoying the physical stop and start play of lyon vs Madrid... :roll:

wow pepe intervened in a fight between alonso and cris to break the scuffle up.......who would have thought? :lol:

even though he played at arsenal, adebyaor is still a terrible passer of the ball

Edit: and the former lyon saviour, comes back as a killer. great goal from benzema considering he worked so hard to win the ball.
Live by the benz, die by the benz huh lol..

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 23 Feb 2011, 19:05

I'm sorry I'm not quite up the scratch with the CL this year, but whens the Barca - Arsenal game at Camp Nou?

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 23 Feb 2011, 20:12

its two weeks from now on the 8th of March
Wanderer wrote:
shahensha wrote: Edit: and the former lyon saviour, comes back as a killer. great goal from benzema considering he worked so hard to win the ball.
Live by the benz, die by the benz huh lol..
haha precisely

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 23 Feb 2011, 21:44

0-0 utd vs OM. Probably the deserved score but horrible reffing in this game.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 24 Feb 2011, 01:27

im depressed with this score, i will confess i was changing chanells baca and forth because the ínter - bayern match was quite ' Robben is a freaking god with the ball in his feet.... But the united mach was quite dull... Ferguson conforming himself with the 0-0, playing only with berbatov up top, and trying to not allow any goals, to do the homework in old trafford...

Is it me or does Ferguson do this a lot¿? as a united fan i find it annoying that he does this, cause games are boring to watch and the team is a little boring to watch..

obviosuly its more annoying to have your team not make it through the next round, but to be honest i think man utd has the resources to win aatleast0-1 in france, and play decent attractive attacking football..

I think in Manchester, we can manage a victory, but i don't believe in
preserving scorelines, i find it gay..and risky, the best way to not get scored is trying to score, and having the ball, see Barcelona for further details.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 24 Feb 2011, 02:38

I almost feel bad for robben though, every game he creates 3-8 ish chances for his team and they barely put 1 away it's terrible.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 24 Feb 2011, 03:08

I almost feel bad for robben though, every game he creates 3-8 ish chances for his team and they barely put 1 away it's terrible.
What? Just because they only scored one vs. Inter isn't a reason to feel bad for him. Inter are extremely strong defensively and they managed to get a crucial away goal, they did excellent. And it's not like they hardly score goals either in big games. Also, Robben and Ribery have barely been able to play on the pitch at the same time this year, in a month's time or so I feel things will be a bit different.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 24 Feb 2011, 03:33

Because he does this every game no matter how strong the team is they fail to put away any of the easiest chances he gives them, it's not just vs inter it's vs any team they play where he's fit.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 24 Feb 2011, 19:59

Ribery picked up a little knock on the weekend. I didn't see the Inter-Bayern game but if he was a little off, it's probably due to that. He had a pretty good game against Mainz on Saturday. 1-0 away. I'm happy with that.
nick117 wrote:Because he does this every game no matter how strong the team is they fail to put away any of the easiest chances he gives them, it's not just vs inter it's vs any team they play where he's fit.
I don't really agree with that. Have you watched any Bayern Bundesliga games?

I'm not über worried about Manchester United. 0-0 against a French team in France is . . . ok. They'll pick it up at Old Trafford.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 24 Feb 2011, 20:57

I don't really agree with that. Have you watched any Bayern Bundesliga games?
He most likely hasn't, Gomez has been on top form in the Bundesliga, and they're scoring several goals a game on average. Robben hasn't even been fit long enough to say that Bayern consistently miss the chances Robben creates IMO.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.