La Liga is Over...

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
panchester07
Veteran Member

La Liga is Over...

Post by panchester07 » 30 Jan 2011, 21:23

Real Madrid slipped and likely said good bye to the league in January... Barcelona now can see Madrid only through their rear-view-mirror, because they are 7 points ahead, and a tremendous amount of goal difference after the manita in Camp Nou, and Barcelona winning by many goals each week..

Osasuna played with heart, and gave their all, and won thanks to a goal scored by Camuñas an hour into the match..Albiol and Carvalho got confused, and Camuñas did not, when he beat casillas with a shot that hit the post and then went in.. Osasuna defended the lead like tigers, and 30 minutes later the match was over, and so was the league :O

I think Pellegrini's Madrid would have done a better job..

I would like to know though, does Mourinho think it was the ref's fault this time too?

It seems like Madrid is the same every year, In September "we are gonna win the trebble", in January "we will win the Champs and the Cup", and in June "We have 9 european Cups" :lol: :lol:

I want somebody to say it..... Jose, You are Fired!

I do believe that with Pipa on the field, Real Madrid would have fought more and it would have been a more interesting League..

Pellegrini's Madrid was 5 points away from Barcelona at this fixture in La liga, last year..

But Mourinho's Madrid has 1 more point than Pellegrini's did, last year..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Met

Post by Met » 30 Jan 2011, 22:56

I still think it's too early to say it's over. Injuries to key players for Barca would stop the wheels rolling for Barca. However, RM can shoot the themselves in the foot by giving up now and focusing on other things which is what Barca want as to give them more room for error.

Jose won't get fired. He has made it clear that him and Baldano do not get on and either Jose or Jorge will leave come the summer. It's like there's 3 people in the relationship. Baldano is Perez's right hand man and Jose doesn't like he has to go through Baldano in order to contact the Preisedent. With Man City and the debt, they simply cannot buy more players and they are or should be in a transitional period where everything is getting refined, like the whole squad, facilities, backroom, higher ups, academy players. And for that to happen, they need a coach who can handle the pressure and after Jose, i don't think there isn't anyone who can.

It's a pretty tough ask for Jose to come in and suddenly win the La Liga. Problems he knew at the start are costing him now, lack of quality in the squad, lack of CF, etc. Now he has evidence to show why he hasn't done as well as he would have hoped.

With that said, I do hope Barca win some more trophies. Show Cryuffy that this is a better crop of players and that Real Madrid stink! :P

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Re: La Liga is Over...

Post by KoNJa04 » 31 Jan 2011, 01:42

[quote="panchester07"]I want somebody to say it..... Jose, You are Fired!
[quote]

from what i hear, Jose has an "escape clause" in his contract at the end each season. also, he is looking for a prem league return, and Manchster Utd. and Manchster City are the two clubs that would prolly hire him.

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 08 Feb 2011, 02:14

I wouldnt write off madrid just yet. With Kaka's return, the team is playing very quickly with their touches and ball circulation is smooth. Watching him direct the tempo of the team against sociedad was spectacular.

Furthermore, I have yet to see the brazillian number 10 face barcelona at the bernabow because he was one of the best players on the pitch at Camp Nou

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 08 Feb 2011, 13:04

shahensha wrote:I wouldnt write off madrid just yet. With Kaka's return, the team is playing very quickly with their touches and ball circulation is smooth. Watching him direct the tempo of the team against sociedad was spectacular.

Furthermore, I have yet to see the brazillian number 10 face barcelona at the bernabow because he was one of the best players on the pitch at Camp Nou
True that, unfortunately missed the game on sunday, but it was the first time Madrid won and convinced in a while., with kaka they are improving their game, and Ozeil is playing tremendously well, Adebayour has balls, and has gotten 2 goals in his last to matches and good goals to may I add, so they seem to have their striker problem covered and taken care of.. But I think its a vicious circle, Madrid looses a clasico, Madrid starts playing like crap, Madrid recovers, is playing better, the press hypes them up, and try to find some evidence that this time it will be different, and then, on the awaited day, Barca wins the clasico with ease... :)
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'