Thread Barca is Gonna win the whole thing.....

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 19 Dec 2010, 09:20

You get more money by getting knocket out in the quarter finals than in the round of 16?, i didn't know that....
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 19 Dec 2010, 10:18

Prize money

As of 2010–11, UEFA awards €2.1 million to each team in the play-offs round. For reaching the group stage UEFA awards €3.9 million, plus €0.55 million per group match played. A win in the group is awarded €0.8 million and a draw is worth €0.4 million.
In addition, UEFA pay teams reaching the first knockout round €3.0 million, each quarter finalist €3.3 million, €4.2 million for each semi-finalist, €5.2 million for the runners-up and €9 million for the winners.[8]
A large part of the distributed revenue from the UEFA Champions League is linked to the "market pool", the distribution of which is determined by the value of the television market in each country. For the 2008-09 season, both Manchester United and Bayern Munich, who reached the final and quarter-final respectively, earned more than Barcelona, who won the tournament.[9]
[edit]Sponsorship

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 19 Dec 2010, 10:23

Very interesting.. good fact man, had no clue.. thought $$$ was only for the semifinalists and finalist :x ..... You learn something new everyday..

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 19 Dec 2010, 16:56

klc123 wrote:NBP, the game is not that simple.

If it was then Real Madrid would have been contenders for the league and UCL consistently and unwaveringly.

There is definitely more to winning a football match than scoring goals.

To win a match, you need to score more than the opponent. When you look at it that way, it is simple, but the complexities that arise when you look into it ensure that this is not always the case.

Xavi and Iniesta are two of the best midfield players in the world, they can make 500 passes between them in a game. The amount of time they keep possession, and the amount of pressure they and their colleagues take of the defence by merely passing the ball around for a large percentage of the time, is what helps them win games. The fact that Xavi and Iniesta can create dozens of chances a game, as well as have an eye for goal themselves just highlights what amazing players they are.

You are comparing Arsenal to Barcelona? Arsenal rarely have 60+% of possession as far as I know from whenever I have watched them this season. Barcelona, who I have watched and supported every single game, have rarely had less than 60% of possession, that puts it into perspective for you.

If you wanna talk about how simple the game is, talk about how old men always say "the opposition can't score if they don't have the ball" or "pass and move is the fabric of the game." Those two things are fundamentals in Barcelona's systems, and it is no coincidence that then win most games.
You missed the point

Having 60+% possesion is all well and good

If you don't have talent to put away the chances that result from that kinda possesion, you will not change games

Having poor goalscorers but a great midfeild = Loads of chances, but difficult to win games

Having a great goalscorers but no midfeild = Few chances, but often lots of tight wins down to individual brilliance

Having a great goalscorers and a great midfeild = Dominance
Arsenal rarely have 60+% of possession as far as I know from whenever I have watched them this season. Barcelona, who I have watched and supported every single game, have rarely had less than 60% of possession, that puts it into perspective for you.
In general Arsenal have possesion between 55-65, created about 9 million chances a game, the last few seasons they have underachieved in terms of winning important games and just winning stuff in general

Infact when RVP is out they tend to suffer results wise... and the haven't won ANYTHING since their last goalscoring hero, Henry left

Thats why I'm comparing them to Barca

That is my point

Its a simple concept

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 19 Dec 2010, 18:29

It's really hard to say definitively that Barcelona will win. They're clearly the favorites right now, but the favorites don't always win, as was seen last year when they were also the favorites.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 23 Dec 2010, 00:18

The other night we witnessed 45 minutes of Barca minus Messi. And for the other 45 minutes we witnessed full strength Barca play flat ineffective football.

Its not as if they will be great every single match, this is why nothing is certain.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

woodskat
New User

Post by woodskat » 12 May 2011, 17:26

Barca is gonaa win real fans can suck it!!! Barcelona is the best side in the world but more importantly they play the most beautiful football in the world.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 12 May 2011, 23:09

Why did you post that today when Barcelona already won the league last night?

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 13 May 2011, 00:44

woodskat wrote:Barca is gonaa win real fans can suck it!!! Barcelona is the best side in the world but more importantly they play the most beautiful football in the world.
Haha, wall of shame worthy??
Click it

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 13 May 2011, 01:05

Guys you both are dissapointing me with your naiveness ... When the user has made 2 posts, and are really random, and has links and advertisement in the sig area its usually a bot or some spam, not a real user.

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 13 May 2011, 01:55

panchester if we go back to the beginning of this thread, we see that you're 1 for 2 with your predictions. do you still think barca will win the champions league?

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 13 May 2011, 02:14

how is this wall of shame? im pretty sure the guy never mentioned anything about winning the league. All he said was real fans can suck it, maybe hes saying real fans can suck it when they win the champions league, regardless if real is out or not they can prove they are the best in the world by winning it

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 11 Jun 2011, 15:15

*COUGH* LUCKY fu**er *COUGH*

:P

Nah, fair play Panchester :D

heiky0711

Re: Thread Barca is Gonna win the whole thing.....

Post by heiky0711 » 29 Jan 2013, 10:00

At the moment, it looks as if Barca going to win the whole thing. Perhaps in the knock-out rounds we might some strange, unusual performances from the underdogs. Time will tell.

My Latest Football Vlog: https://youtu.be/AAmtqY6kjFM
Subscribe my YT channel: http://bit.do/theheiky11
My blog http://soccer-tricks.blogspot.com