Who are you rooting for euro 2012?

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
collin
Veteran Member

i know its a realllly long time away but im just wondering who everyone is rooting for.

for me...GO POLANDDD

panchester07
Veteran Member

Poland???? ewwwwww

I would like to see England win something, really an amazing team, I just don't know what to think about Capello..

Spain would be nice, to see if they could win 08, world cup, and 12..... Really enjoy the passion when they celebrate victories, and how the stars of la Liga all form one super team, and they forget about Real Madrid or Barcelona, or Valencia .
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

I'm Polish so also have to support them. But the team is so wishy-washy it's hard to expect any sort of result. The whole organization has imploded in these last few years.

Hopefully I will be there though, it would be nice to head back.

England won't win.

Edit: I'll move this topic to the Poland/Ukraine Euro 2012 Section once I figure out how.

Edit 2: There we go. :)
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

ratherton
Veteran Member

England will never win an international tournament as the players are self-centred tw**s.

I'll be happy with getting 3 group games in Gdansk as neighbouring Sopot is a top place in the summer.

panchester07
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:
I'll be happy with getting 3 group games in Gdansk as neighbouring Sopot is a top place in the summer.
Sorry, is that football or quiditch?

Hehe, its that the names are awfully strange;)
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Panch, just because things don't end in "-ham", "-ton" or "don" doesn't make them weird, it makes them not English. :P
ratherton wrote:England will never win an international tournament as the players are self-centred tw**s.

I haven't been to Gdansk but I have heard it's a great place. Not all of Poland is the "nicest", but there's some really good spots around the country for sure.

If I will be anywhere, it will probably be in Poznan for sure (Lech is just tearing up the Champions League :wink: ) since that's nearest to most family.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

klc123
Veteran Member

You're saying that to someone whose first language isn't English lol.

I want to see Germany or Spain win, so everyone can bitch and moan about how sh*t the FA is and how they ruined football in England by letting the premier league clubs destroy youth football. Then they will always make the comparisons "Why can't the FA learn from the Spanish and German associations, that you have to put decent young players into the youth systems in the league, to get anything out for the national side"

Viva España!

Go Deutschland!

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

An Englishman supporting Germany... I really thought i'd seen it all :shock:

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

nick117
Veteran Member

Wait until you see an Englishman supporting maradona and Argentina i'll hold my surprise for that moment. I wouldn't mind portugal or germany winning i have no ties to any team.

klc123
Veteran Member

I have respect for any nation that produces brilliant young talents, has a fantastic youth system that is implemented into the countries league, and most importantly plays a disciplined and attractive football, with players who don't think they are bigger than the country, and who are proud to wear their nations shirt. Spain do all of those things imo. Germany do all of those things imo. England don't do any of those things.

It's same old story for England, super power gone into meltdown, first it was the British Empire, then it was world status, now it's football team :lol: We just seem to think we are so much better than we are.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

klc123 wrote: I want to see Germany or Spain win, so everyone can bitch and moan about how sh*t the FA is and how they ruined football in England by letting the premier league clubs destroy youth football. Then they will always make the comparisons "Why can't the FA learn from the Spanish and German associations, that you have to put decent young players into the youth systems in the league, to get anything out for the national side"

Viva España!

Go Deutschland!
All of this has already been happening since 1966 and especially in the last decade. You don't need another 2012 Euro to figure it out, maybe they just never will. I mean, they've had enough time to try and build a team since then, but it never clicks. Another failure will just be another failure, keep adding them to the list...

-Alexander Ovechkin

collin
Veteran Member

rzadzinski unfortunately you are correct poland probably wont do much in euro 2012. Im really dissapointed in poland and sometimes i wonder how does poland not produce good players? they are in the center of europe and they are a pretty big country compared to others? where is all polands talent at? usa possibly? maybe i should step my game up and go play for them :)

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Wheres all Poland's talent at?

Simple, same place as Turkey's talent....

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

klc123
Veteran Member

Where's Scotland's talent- Oh :(

ratherton
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:You're saying that to someone whose first language isn't English lol.

I want to see Germany or Spain win, so everyone can bitch and moan about how sh*t the FA is and how they ruined football in England by letting the premier league clubs destroy youth football. Then they will always make the comparisons "Why can't the FA learn from the Spanish and German associations, that you have to put decent young players into the youth systems in the league, to get anything out for the national side"

Viva España!

Go Deutschland!
The FA didn't let it happen. The main clubs threatened to create a new league if they didn't get their own way...which they did.

You can blame the FA for a lot of things but the Premier League has been the single biggest factor in screwing things up.

Football has just been turned into a big marketing exercise. How people can be so enthusiastic about teams they have absolutely no connection with is beyond me and as for supporting another country......

Its not much better than voting on X Factor.