El Clasico 2010: Camp Nou

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA

Who are you backing?

Real Madrid
4
33%
FC Barcelona
8
67%
 
Total votes: 12

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1692
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Post by ScottyBoy » 27 Nov 2010, 22:55

I think regardless of the odds you are an idiot.

Such a stupid bet on that kind of scale.

Unless you are a millionaire and your 2 grand is the equivalent of £5 to the rest of us.

That said, good luck to you! :)
Image

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Juice
Senior Member
Posts: 245
Joined: 19 Jun 2009, 16:39

Post by Juice » 27 Nov 2010, 23:37

Hahah yes I know. Umm the odds where alright I guess, considering who I made the bet with, see I kind of chose to bet with the maffia instead of betting legit on internet.

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1692
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Post by ScottyBoy » 27 Nov 2010, 23:39

I stand corrected. You are a bigger idiot than I first presumed.

Lets just hope you dont end up with a horses head in your bed...
Image

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

matt
EF Forum Legend
Posts: 1151
Joined: 03 May 2005, 19:20
Location: Cambridge, England

Post by matt » 27 Nov 2010, 23:57

Juice wrote:Im "neutral", and I have to say Real looks sick this year!
Barca on the other hand has gotten weaker since the last year. I have never belived in Pep and I will never start! I think this year is the start of a couple hard years for Barcelona.
Wow, really? Even after Pep won all those trophies in his first season?

I don't think Barca are weaker at all. Unless I'm forgetting some more minor transfers, essentially they swapped Y. Toure for Mascherano (not bad going) and Ibrahimovic for Villa, both of whom I am fans of.

Perhaps they do look a bit weaker next to the way Real Madrid have been spending (Ozil and Khedira were two of my favourite players at the World Cup) and in terms of squad size. But taken in isolation I don't think Barca are weaker. Plus they came a baby-step closer to signing Fabregas which will put them in a good position as Xavi gets older and more injury prone.

My prediction is 2-0 to Barcelona.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Image

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3849
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post by panchester07 » 28 Nov 2010, 00:23

matt wrote:
Juice wrote:Im "neutral", and I have to say Real looks sick this year!
Barca on the other hand has gotten weaker since the last year. I have never belived in Pep and I will never start! I think this year is the start of a couple hard years for Barcelona.
Wow, really? Even after Pep won all those trophies in his first season?

I don't think Barca are weaker at all. Unless I'm forgetting some more minor transfers, essentially they swapped Y. Toure for Mascherano (not bad going) and Ibrahimovic for Villa, both of whom I am fans of.

Perhaps they do look a bit weaker next to the way Real Madrid have been spending (Ozil and Khedira were two of my favourite players at the World Cup) and in terms of squad size. But taken in isolation I don't think Barca are weaker. Plus they came a baby-step closer to signing Fabregas which will put them in a good position as Xavi gets older and more injury prone.

My prediction is 2-0 to Barcelona.
I don't think barca is at all weaker, yes maybe they don't have e'too, henry or a few others, but they have reinforced they're game with country and club, (the spinal cord of barceona plays with spain), and they're chemistry is amazing.... 11 goals in 2 away games, does that look weak at all to you? you're talking about the 2 best club teams in Europe right now, and Barcelona is favorite now because its in Camp Nou, stupid bet really Juice, and stupid arguments your posting..... Pep won 8 trophies in 2 years, and is clearly one of the most succesful coaches in the present, Barcelona has been the best team in Europe in the last 2 years, and you sound everything but neutral if you can't see that, nevermind bet 2200euros against them...... Good luck, im pretty sure your gonna loose that money though.

In essence, I agree with everything matt said, and disagree with everything juice said :D
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post by klc123 » 28 Nov 2010, 00:42

Lets just hope you dont end up with a horses head in your bed...
Ha ha haa! How'd you come up with such cool and witty banter?! :D

Barca are weaker? Imo they are playing better football this year than they ever have? Granted they have had some key players injured, and some players have being out of form, overall, the whole team is playing much better football, and the players who weren't in great form like Messi are now back to top form again.

I would say that Real have improved a lot more than Barca have, but Barcelona were already miles ahead so it's impossible to gauge who will win on that.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1692
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Post by ScottyBoy » 28 Nov 2010, 01:32

klc123 wrote:
Lets just hope you dont end up with a horses head in your bed...
Ha ha haa! How'd you come up with such cool and witty banter?! :D
I saw it in some film once. When he mentioned the Mafia it just came to me on the spot. :roll:

I'm not going to lie it was quite lazy but i'm certainly not going to have my humour brought into question by the guy everyone prays his internet breaks so that our minds can get a rest. True story.
Image

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post by klc123 » 28 Nov 2010, 01:38

I'm not going to lie because I'm too lazy to think of a good one, but I'm not going to have my heart broken by a sweaty on an internet forum full of imbeciles, who judge my character. Nor.

matt
EF Forum Legend
Posts: 1151
Joined: 03 May 2005, 19:20
Location: Cambridge, England

Post by matt » 28 Nov 2010, 01:43

klc123 wrote:I'm not going to lie because I'm too lazy to think of a good one, but I'm not going to have my heart broken by a sweaty on an internet forum full of imbeciles, who judge my character. Nor.
Aren't you judging our characters here? :roll:
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Image

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post by klc123 » 28 Nov 2010, 01:53

Yes.

Edit:

Fight fire with more fire, until you're in a circular paradox in which you cannot escape, and any poor by-stander who gets involved in the vicious circle is engulfed by the plague of immorality and stupidity. In essence, sink to the idiot's level, argue with them, get beaten due to them have more experience, before sinking lower to get the last laugh in an abysmally immature attempt at redemption.

Alas, what a sad life.
Last edited by klc123 on 28 Nov 2010, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.

matt
EF Forum Legend
Posts: 1151
Joined: 03 May 2005, 19:20
Location: Cambridge, England

Post by matt » 28 Nov 2010, 01:58

Bit hypocritical then, isn't it?

I've read a few posts from you where you proclaim that you don't care what people think of you. Methinks you doth protest too much.

Anyway let's not go on about it and try and get the topic back to the game on Monday.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Image

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post by klc123 » 28 Nov 2010, 02:01

Good idea.

Do you think this game will be the potential title decider?

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3849
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post by panchester07 » 28 Nov 2010, 20:33

More than you'd think------


I was looking up stats, and comparing players, and found that:

Ronaldo has 1 more goal than Messi, but he shot 4 pk's, and has taken almost twice the shots that Messi has taken, and has 2 more matches played.......... Messi recovers more balls, and gives the possesion away less, Leo also has more assists than Cr7(5 assists vs 4 rony).....
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post by Rome_Leader » 28 Nov 2010, 20:43

panchester07 wrote:More than you'd think------


I was looking up stats, and comparing players, and found that:

Ronaldo has 1 more goal than Messi, but he shot 4 pk's, and has taken almost twice the shots that Messi has taken, and has 2 more matches played.......... Messi recovers more balls, and gives the possesion away less, Leo also has more assists than Cr7(5 assists vs 4 rony).....
Good stats panch. Certainly appears that Messi has the edge, but you go as far to say that whoever wins the Ronaldo/Messi battle will see their team have success in the form of a win?
Image

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Post by shahensha » 28 Nov 2010, 20:51

Speaking of stats, Mourinho's madrid hasnt suffered a single loss in any competition yet. It would be awesome to see Mourinho be outclassed by Pep after all the stirrups he has caused in Camp Nou during the last CL and already amongst the coaches in la liga this season.
Image

Post Reply