Real Madrid
33%
FC Barcelona
67%

Total votes: 12

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 30 Nov 2010, 01:45

Something that was interesting that was brought up on another website is that barcelona play as 1 team. Madrid had 3 different teams on the field. Defense didn't really work with the mids who didn't really get it to the forwards.
i know it's goal.com but these two stories are worth a read.
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/spain ... -shows-the
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/spain ... ng-of-real

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 30 Nov 2010, 03:44

Good read, good read.............

On another note, did anybody notice that Madrid lost oh so much in attack without Pipita? The team lost goal, pressure, heart and temper.... How many times haven't we seen him zoomed in on TV when the games not going his way, cussing and swearing in his native language, and then a few moments later see him celebrating a goal, or maybe missing a sitter, but at least creating chances...
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 30 Nov 2010, 16:46

Last night Barcelona didn't beat Real Madrid at football. They looked like they were playing another sport altogether.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Met

Post by Met » 30 Nov 2010, 17:34

panchester07 wrote:Good read, good read.............

On another note, did anybody notice that Madrid lost oh so much in attack without Pipita? The team lost goal, pressure, heart and temper.... How many times haven't we seen him zoomed in on TV when the games not going his way, cussing and swearing in his native language, and then a few moments later see him celebrating a goal, or maybe missing a sitter, but at least creating chances...
Yeah, Pipita is first choice striker. I felt sorry for him last season. Benzema plays differently and would take a while to do what Mourinho exactly wants. He's a different player altogether but I don't think he would have done much to stop Barca. Injured before match. Mourinho doesn't trust the other squad members bar Lassie the pitbull terrier.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 30 Nov 2010, 18:41

Yeah, me neither, this game was for Barcelona either way but I do think he would have created a few chances though, for he always does, even if he misses them, did you even see Benzema touch the ball close to Victor Valdes' goal, not to mention take a shot, or complete a pass¿¿?? .. This game was way to big for him, and he missed a golden chance to earn his spot in the team, AGAIN.... Higuian world class striker, and world class strikers have the temper and the balls and the pride to get mad when the colors they are defending are taking a beating to their eternal rivals, and create fuken chances...

Benzema played like a loser..

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 30 Nov 2010, 19:32

Happiest day of my life.

In all honesty, I don't think a lot went wrong for Real. They goals weren't all unavoidable, but they would have taken a hell of an effort to prevent.

I just think Barca were on a different level yesterday, the first goal coming so early was the reason behind this I think, once they had a cushion the Barca players relaxed into their game, and I can honestly say it is hard to remember seeing them play such amazing spells of football. I remember at one point when they had a healthy league, Messi Xavi and Iniesta combining into a triangle in the middle of the pitch while moving forwards, using little tricks like back heels and flicks, all one touch, it was on a whole new level, with players like Pedro and villa coming towards the ball to get involved in the passing play.

If Barca keep this level of play up, the title and more is theirs.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 30 Nov 2010, 21:24

I have another question for you guys that know so much..... How do you stop this Barcelona? What tactics does a team have to apply to beat the Blaugranas? Thank you...

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 30 Nov 2010, 22:26

That's the million dollar question isn't it? It's almost a contradiction because some people say play high and squeeze the midfield but they played so well in tight space and when the line was too high villa and the wings got in behind. You need a team that works both ways extremely well too. barca's whole team moved together and then then defended back together when needed. You almost need to be the fittest team ever with crazy tactics to stop them. I'm real curious how mou does it when they go to Madrid.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 30 Nov 2010, 23:09

Holy fu**ing sh*t, that was without a doubt THE BEST game I have ever seen in my entire life.

5 goals! The last time barca scored five goals against madrid was in 94 during the dream team era, coached by cruyff.............the only other similarity here is that Guardiola was a part of the dream team.

I really believe this is why Guardiola is proving to be such a great manager considering Barca has won titles and games with total dominance...........while staying true to their footballing philosophy.

Thank you mister, mourinho tried to provoke you and you simply said "we do our talking on the field" and way to talk man. Mourinho stopped writing notes and just sat there grumpily in his dugout. Apparently the barca crowd yelled at him to step out but he just sat there with his toungue caught in mouth hahaha

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 01 Dec 2010, 00:04

Yes they did...... here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbnQCC5YUY

Sal del banquillo, Mourinho sal del banquillo, sall del banquilllllllooooooo, mourinho sal del banquillo 8) ...... great times in camp nou

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 01 Dec 2010, 00:20

Guardiola remained humble, did not say how amazing he or his team was. He let the squad go out that night to enjoy their success.

Mourinho on the other hand was as humble as he always is :roll:
He told his players that the league was not over, that when he came back to Barca with Inter he was "destroyed" 2-0 but they still ended up watching him in the final.
What a humble guy :x

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Met

Post by Met » 01 Dec 2010, 00:20

panchester07 wrote:I have another question for you guys that know so much..... How do you stop this Barcelona? What tactics does a team have to apply to beat the Blaugranas? Thank you...
Not that I know so much, just enough to you give a biased opinion. :)

It's been done once this season and half a game by Valencia. First off all, and probably the most important Barca have to be off their game. Villa was half a yard off, Xavi a bit of an injury, Ini not being influential out on the wing, not a settled left back, passing tempo isn't high at all. In Messi is dropping deep it's a good sign as he isn't getting enough service where he can hurt you. Second, you need essentially two left backs. Drenthe for Hercules played as a left mid, usually left back and Matheu played left mid for Valencia in their best half so far. Stopping Dani Alves getting acres of space because whoever is on the right, moves in to make space for Alves. Usually the left back would track that person thereby making space for Alves. Thirdly, press high up the pitch. Puyol/ Pique/ Sergio / Xavi should not get a clean easy simple ball from the keeper. You do not wanna Barca moving side to side infront of your own box. It's only a matter of time before they break through. Generally, a high defence line is also needed so gaps between the frontline and back line is minimised. It's risky yes, but if there is enough pressure, the through ball shouldn't be easy for the Barca players. Give them no time and no space to play. Stop the triangles in the middle of the pitch. Last but not least, you need lady luck on your side. A bad offside call, a ref decision, Messi missing an open goal for once. :lol:

With that said, it's no wonder people are shocked when Barca lose. That's a lot of things to get right in one night.

My 2 cents and 1 pence,
Met

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Dec 2010, 22:11

The game highlights in HD, and some things that you couldn't see on TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS9OMVfxmbQ