La Liga 10/11 Discussion Thread

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 19 Nov 2010, 01:14

True.... That and the fact that he always scores...and it usually isn't the 6-0 or the 4-1.... its the 2-1 to win it late in the game, or the 1-1 to tie the game and save the team... all that sh*t comes in to play

Hey, is it me or do I see an argentine competing for the top scorer every league ? :idea:
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 19 Nov 2010, 02:02

haha and not a brazillian in sight. Looks like someone else is gonna take over south america now, which makes sense. Argentina finally won against Brazil after 5 years in the recent friendly.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 19 Nov 2010, 06:09

and trust me that the fact that they lost to argentina is slap in the face to them, every brazilian's ego dropped when that goal went in.... they where already gonna open they're mouth and say how they dominated the match, till Leo decided to beat 3 and score......

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 19 Nov 2010, 16:51

Rooney scored one less and he was injured for most of the season, in arguably a harder league. I personally would rather have Rooney instead of Higuain, imagine him with Real Madrid.

And Panch a lot of people make jokes over the Munich disaster, in fact the City United darby two seasons ago, at the minute silence in respect for it, City fans were jeering, and I think City's keeper also died in the crash? Dirty scum.

Yah evan I'm a Ronaldo fan boy fanks for tellin meh.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 19 Nov 2010, 17:00

klc123 wrote: in fact the City United darby two seasons ago, at the minute silence in respect .
The word is spelt "derby".

But anyway. Just because a player isnt as good as Wayne Rooney doesnt mean the are not very good! Carlos Tevez is not as good as Rooney but he's still a damn good player.

The arguement is whether Higuian is one of the top strikers in the world, a player can still be on that list and not be as good as Rooney like many others.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 19 Nov 2010, 17:51

klc123 wrote:Rooney scored one less and he was injured for most of the season, in arguably a harder league. I personally would rather have Rooney instead of Higuain, imagine him with Real Madrid.
Imagine him with RealMadrid? Who is real madrid, the team that couldn't beat Lyon last season? Or Alcorcon ? That lost both clasico's, lost to sevilla, a really shaky team with big names.. Man U had a better season that real madrid, making it further in the champs league, etc.

Lastly, I don't know, I think I remember seeing Rooney play big part of the last season..???

Also, how about the previous season? Was Rooney also injured then? Cause Higuian also scored more than Rooney..

Goals in League Higuian = 22
Goals in League Rooney = 12

Let me guess, Rooney was injured? Higuian missed more sitters? and if Rooney had Real Madrid's midfield he would have scored a lot more?

Excuses

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 19 Nov 2010, 18:19

Seeing Rooney in Madrid would be interesting. An english player applying his trade abroad is a rare sight to see. I only know a handful of englishmen who have played outside their country in the last decade. Hopefully, it doesnt change into a man u scenario again where rooney did all the work and cronaldo stole all the glory lol

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 19 Nov 2010, 18:22

Real Madrid and Barcelona fans should enjoy their superstars while they can. Tough times are round the corner when new banking rules come in. Real Madrid won't be allowed to keep selling their training grounds to the bank for $300m and getting a new one built for free.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 19 Nov 2010, 18:36

What rules are these? Are they finally going to make spending proportionate to income or something?

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 19 Nov 2010, 22:33

shahensha wrote:Seeing Rooney in Madrid would be interesting. An english player applying his trade abroad is a rare sight to see. I only know a handful of englishmen who have played outside their country in the last decade. Hopefully, it doesnt change into a man u scenario again where rooney did all the work and cronaldo stole all the glory lol
I think it would be interesting from a purely footballing perspective but also potentially disastrous. Rooney, if you'll forgive the stereotype, fits the model of the British footballer who would struggle to settle abroad. He wouldn't like the food, he wouldn't learn the language, he would get sun burn and his missus would miss home.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 20 Nov 2010, 18:28

ScottyBoy wrote:What rules are these? Are they finally going to make spending proportionate to income or something?
Its going to be financial regulations rather than footy ones. Its all around banks managing their risks better. A friend who works in compliance at a bank was talking about some Basel III rules. From the sounds of it, it will prevent banks financing purchases which are are outrageous (eg. £200m for a training ground and build a new one for free every few years).

If Spain also end up needing an EU bailout, don't expect their low tax rates for foreign footballers to be around for ever. In the UK, players pay 50%, in Spain its less than 30%.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 21 Nov 2010, 00:39

Just seen Barcelona won 8-0 away to Almeria :shock:

Real Madrid could only manage 5-1 home win against Athletic Bilbao :roll:

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 21 Nov 2010, 02:10

Hat-tricks for Ronaldo and Messi too...

La Liga is becoming a more skillful, more exotic, more expensive SPL. How can anyone other than Barca or Real hope to win the title in the foreseeable future?
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 21 Nov 2010, 05:31

Hehe.. Good fixture......

-Lio finally surpasses Ronaldo on the pichichi(topscorer) fight, and then Ronaldo scores a hattrick.. Lio had been scoring 2 goals since forever, and everytime shortening the distance between him and Ronaldo, and the portuguese hadn't scored in a while.. So now the distance is of 2* goals, Ronaldo has 15* and Messi has 13
- There is a serious Ronaldo goal which is in doubt, one vs Espanyol, in which he shot the freekick, and it hit directly on Pepe and then went in.... Ronaldo shot a bulet with that shot, and it hit Pepe in the shoulder changing direction to the top right corner, but it clearly took a deflection of Pepe...Yet on As and Marca, they give him the goal, on other webpages they don't... So according to some he has 15 and others 14
- An 0-8 is fantastic.. An away 0-8 is just, fu**ing fantastic. Perfect for Barcelona's confidence, perfect for so many things, and for the fact that it was away.
- Madrid won 5-1, i'm to lazy to look right now, but I swear Madrid wins "easy" at home, but has an imposible time away....0-1 Against Sporting in the 82nd minute, and I've seen all their games and I just have the feeling that away you never know who's gonna win it, but in the Bernabeu they always looked like they where gonna win....That sounds interesting, because next game is away, at Camp Nou..
- I said way back that by now, I thought Barcelona was gonna be in their best form, I think we have that right now.
-Inspite of winning 5-1 today, it was 2-1 by the first half, and there where many moments when Bilbao looked strong enough to tie the match, also in the beggning of game Llorente had a shot Pepe saved in the line, so I think the score line suggests Madridwas way better than Bilbao, in my opinion it was much more balanced than 5-1....
-Ronaldo's hattrick.... A good goal, a freekick the keeper tried to block with his forearm..And A pk that he scored at the end.
-Man of the match:Angel Di Maria
- To be fair, I don't think Leo's hattrick was that clean either....
- He did assist twice though.

8 days for the super clasico man's.... I'm confident enough to bet big bucks on the blaugrana's!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 11 Dec 2010, 05:43

Heres the player we where talking about, something Real has missed lately, the amount of balls he adds to the game is just ridiculous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcMp7ILrB2s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC-_EtiP9Ek
(the last goal lead madrid to the league title to real madrid in the 88th minute)

it was his birthday yesterday, i forgot to mention that......

Happy Birthday Gonzalo!!