La Liga 10/11 Discussion Thread

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
Evan
Veteran Member

La Liga 10/11 Discussion Thread

Post by Evan » 08 Nov 2010, 00:23

I didn't see a La Liga thread, figured I'd make one so we can discuss any matches we watched each week.

I watched most of the Villarreal-Athletic Bilbao game. Fantastic header from Llorente, but the defense fu**ed up and let 4 in lol...Exciting game.

I watched a fair part of the Barcelona game. Messi and Villa's goals were class, Barcelona are looking great.

I also watched the Madrid derby. Was quite entertaining aswell. Madrid are looking terrific on offense and defense recently. Wish Higuain had scored that volley though, I swear that shot took a chunk out of the post.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 08 Nov 2010, 05:53

Okay..... I watched the derby, and Barcelona play Getafe...

About Getafe vs Barcelona...

I had repeatedly said Messi wasn't playing to his peak since he was back from injury.. Granted he was scoring goals, it was plays were he received and shot, or shot first time, he was getting the goals, but he wasn't making the plays that drive defenses absolutely crazy.. You know, those plays in when he runs 20 meters with it and leaves 3 in the way, finishing it with a brilliant shot, or a wonderful pass, nope he wasn't getting any of those, and that had me worried.... But after watching this match, i found mental peace.. Leo was making his usual Maradonian plays again, he was running with it, with blistering pace, beating players left and right, shaking men, and giving the defense a living nightmare.. Barca played fantastic well with its usual tiki-taka, but its Leo that makes this team, the best in Europe imo... Leo Started and finished the 1st one, assisted the second one, and pressured Cata Diaz to give it away for Pedro to score the 3rd one.. He was always involved in goals in the past games, thats why people were happy with his performances, but today, I think he was fully back to his peak, because not only did he score the goals and assist, for the 90 minutes he played, every time he touched the ball he broke someones back and pierced the defense with his impecabble touch... Thats what makes him different, 2-3 left behind and he's gone... Try and stop him... Barca's back, Leo's back, no doubting that.....
GolTV quite rightly called it "a footballing monologue." The Getafe players might as well have been in the stands, enjoying the show.
About the derby..

Good match, fun to watch, Madrid started with mad intensity, and atleti couldn't follow the pace.. They got the 1st and second goal in really early, and then relaxed their efforts..Atleti started playing and had a handfull of clear chances, that couldn't be finished properly.. Reyes was causing trouble down his wing, beating 1-2 and shooting, and made Iker fly a few times..Aguero was also beating players and making runs, but never could get the final touch right, either it be a deadly pass to Forlan, or the shot, they where all handled by Casillas or shot wide... Forlan hit the post, and Atleti started deserving atleast a goal in this game... At the end, Madrid turned the heat back on and where close to scoring but De Gea saved the attempts... At the end it was 2-0 and I think it was a fair result, though maybe atleti deserved the 2-1 since they insisted for the bigger part of the match and made casillas sweat, and the madrid defence dance... Possible Alonso Pk could have changed the game..Wish Forlan would have participated more, apart from the post and maybe 1-2 other plays he was almost invisble..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 14 Nov 2010, 05:40

Barcelona vs Villareal was definitely the best game I have seen in a long while. Barca looked dominant and played the kind of footy that was reminiscent of the 08/09 season which is no easy feat considering Villareal. Apart from Barcelona, Villareal is the other team that plays brilliant tiki taka football in la liga. Props to them because they actually put on a show with quality pass and move football, unlike mourinho who just parks the bus......(i guarantee you we will see that in el clasico) They definitely had chances to snatch victory and would have definitely left with a draw if it werent for Messi. His winning goal was just jaw droppingly brilliant. Not being a fan-boy or anything but its a must see. He just casually makes it look like fifa when its actually sooo difficult. So far he has 66 in 65 games this year. I am truly fortunate to have such a player in my favourite team.
Last edited by shahensha on 14 Nov 2010, 05:43, edited 1 time in total.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 14 Nov 2010, 05:43

Yeah, Messi's 1st was insane lol. Reminds me of the goal he scored vs Panathinaikos where he did the quick 1-2's with Pedrito. Liked Villa's goal as he leaped over Marchena too lol
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 Nov 2010, 06:25

Barca was glorious indeed... Though i gotta say I was surprised by freakin Nilmars and Rossi's attacks I never thought they could do much on barca.. Villareal is the team that has best played Barca in a while, they had no respect or fear for them and played completely like equals... Barca was simply better and had better players and won, out played the really good rival... I'm thinking this Villareal could trouble Madrid, they really don't respect big teams, and they attack well...

I think Masche sshould be starter over busquets, better defensively and is fully capable of coming out playing 1-2 passes, he even can dribble better than busquets, win win from every perspective.
I am truly fortunate to have such a player in my favourite team.
Oh don't worry boy, Messi makes Barca everybody's favorite team :)

I think we are lucky to see a player this good, whens the last time you knew for 3-4 years in a row who the best player of the world was? Kaka had his year, and Ronaldo had his, but since 08-09 its been Messi the best in the world by far......

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 Nov 2010, 14:52

Was hoping Messi would get his Hatrick, unluckily the little man didn't get it, was still his best performance so far this season however.

Last night was the best I have seen Barca play since they were at their best last season. At times during the game they were absolutely unplayable.

The only disappointment was the officials, and after Villareal equalised, Barca's game broke down with frustration coming into half time, but a few wise words from Pep and the rest was history.

Looking forward to see how Real respond tonight.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 Nov 2010, 17:58

I personally think Messi played better vs Getafe,..... Those maradonian plays i spoke of above, i didn't see so many of them against Villa... The thing with Messi is he has too many resources, if he can't dribble through your lines he'll pass through it like he did with Pedro... But apart from that he wasn't beating to many people... He's always at the right place at the right time like in the 3rd goal (offsides or not), but from a fan that watches him every week and reads news about him all week, I liked him better against getafe, when he was leaving men behind, and breaking spines right and left.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 Nov 2010, 18:18

Hmm I suppose, but you have to remember Villareal are a much tighter defence, who were pressing far more better than Getafe were, which meant Messi had a lot less space to operate in, and even someone as talented as him has a their options reduced when they have very little space.

From a teamwork point of view, he was exceptional, because when he was not certain he could dribble through on his own, he passed the ball, which is really what you want, over someone who tries to dribble on their own every time and loses the ball more often.

From an entertainment point of view, everyone hopes Messi is going to go on a long and winding run when he receives the ball and turns, but he would be a selfish player if he done this every time he picked up the ball, so it's still nice to see all the neat one touch passing from him as well, which makes him a true Barca player.

Anyone know where you can watch the Real game online?

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 14 Nov 2010, 23:37

yeah, stupid espn. I am not getting the chance to follow many madrid games.

Its shocking to see how mature he has become already. He had the habit of being an irritating ball hog even in 08/09 but over those two seasons under Pep, he truly understood how Barca plays. Now he makes all the right moves at the right time, whether it is a turn and run or simple one touch pass. I guess him being played as the false number 9 has to do a lot with it.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 15 Nov 2010, 00:50

Ahh man you're lucky...all GOLTV is showing is Madrid Madrid Madrid...haven't seen a Barca game on TV in 3 weeks. I keep having to watch them on espn3.com

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 15 Nov 2010, 00:55

Evan wrote:
Ahh man you're lucky...all GOLTV is showing is Madrid Madrid Madrid...haven't seen a Barca game on TV in 3 weeks. I keep having to watch them on espn3.com
What i do is i watch whicheverone is being transmitted in my cable company... Its usually the biggest game of the fixture in spain, so last week it was the Derby, but this time it was Barcelona vs Villareal, and I go out and watch the other game that wasn't transmited on a local restaurantt 1 minute walking distance from my house, that has sky sports and the funny spanish comentators... its bomb...

Madrid suffered to win today eh?? Thought Sporting was gonna pull the upset?? Impossible save Iker seconds after the goal!!! Ozeil is invisible when madrid plays away, and Benzegol's confidence has raised after Mourinho has given him his trust...Mega happy to see Higuain score a goal, he works really hard and should score every game for his sacrifice and class... Ronaldo hasnt' scored in a while eh?

rojadirecta.com for any match of anysport online for free..

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 15 Nov 2010, 03:43

Evan wrote:
haha figures, that weird sounding commentator would jump at the chance of being the madrid locker whore, the way he always speaks of the team and its players :lol:

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 15 Nov 2010, 14:27

hehe.... im seeing more and more posts on marca and as, about hate on mourinho... the spanish are recenting how he gets there with a im the best in the wolrd attitude and stirs sh*t up.... been reading many comments like "we aren't in italy, something is gonna happen to this fellow if he keeps running his mouth, and I wont be surprised" .....

not saying anything is gonna happen, just making enfasis in how his entrance to this country was.. he got there, and started talking, criticizing, provoking, taking shots at people, barca, sporting, other players etc.....many people are sympatizing with Sporting's coach preciado, cause a lot of people are tired of mr Mourinho here and his inmense piehole:)

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 15 Nov 2010, 15:03

Well, look at what happened to Villa. Mou took a shot at him saying "Other clubs spent BIG money on strikers who do not score". The game after, Villa scored 2, and has scored in his last 3 La Liga games. Maybe Mou should talk more sh*t. :lol:
that weird sounding commentator would jump at the chance of being the madrid locker whore,
Haha yeah he would! I enjoy his commentary though, always entertaining.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 15 Nov 2010, 16:57

Well, look at what happened to Villa. Mou took a shot at him saying "Other clubs spent BIG money on strikers who do not score". The game after, Villa scored 2, and has scored in his last 3 La Liga games. Maybe Mou should talk more sh*t. Laughing
The thing about Villa is, if you know about football you can tell he never was having a crisis or a dip or whatever.. The guy was doing everything BUT scoring.. He hit crossbars, made the runs, and the keepers made supersaves against him, he would beat a defender, and shoot and the keep would save or it would have gone inches wide.....

Yes he didn't score goals everymatch, but he hit the crossbar, posts, and made the keeper and the defenders work hard to stop him...

Just like Forlan, he made plenty good shots, runs, and troubled Iker in the derby, yet didn't score for 8 games.... He calmy replied to the press "i know the goal is coming soon, i'm doing everything else fine, i'm gonna score soon"..... he gets 2 goals this weekend and assistss kun aguero for him to get another one....

Sometimes the press enphasisces too much on actual goals, strikers do everything and the keep saves a few, a few hit the crossbar, are inches offsides and miss the opportunity to score a breakaway, assist their teammates, and toruble the defense all game playing perfectly just missing 1 goal, yet doing everything else right, and they stir sh*t up and talk about crisis and pressure the players, just cause they didn't physically put the ball in the back of the net.... Yet Ronaldo scores 1 pk, and 3 tap ins, and they already worship and praise him.....