Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
ratherton
Veteran Member

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Post by ratherton » 08 Aug 2010, 19:35

Just warming up for the England v Hungary match on Wednesday.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 09 Aug 2010, 01:29

haha come on now ratherton, you have to have some hope. I expect England to put at least 3 or 4 goals against my mighty Magyars :D

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 09 Aug 2010, 11:25

Who is the crown jewel of Hungarian football these days? Might we be looking at an "upset"? :P

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 09 Aug 2010, 18:46

Rome_Leader wrote:Who is the crown jewel of Hungarian football these days? Might we be looking at an "upset"? :P
pah! crown jewel. If you had to pick one, it'd probably be Zoltan Gera, which is saying something about the state of Hungarian football these days. I swear, people talk about Puskas more than the current team still.
Ratherton, make sure you know where your loyalties lie. Tamás Priskin was selected to be in the Hungarian squad. I'm sure you'll want him to score a hattrick :P :wink:

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 09 Aug 2010, 19:41

Priskin scored on Saturday which left me speechless. Really good header too. So thats his goals quota used up until February.

We've also sign Fulop so thats two players in the squad.

The senior players are going to get dogs abuse off the crowd. David James was taunted non-stop at the weekend and he didn't really do anything wrong in South Africa.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 11 Aug 2010, 21:31

So apparently stevie G scored a brace to give England a come from behind victory.

They went down due to an own goal, however replays showed that the ball did not cross the line..............honestly at this point, i am not even surprised anymore lol

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 13 Aug 2010, 09:03

sick of england now, i have no expectation from england anymore only that they qualify for euro 2012 im just thinking about palace atm :P
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 13 Aug 2010, 12:32

Rulezzz wrote:sick of england now, i have no expectation from england anymore only that they qualify for euro 2012 im just thinking about palace atm :P
You're wisely following Gerrard's advice. He's pleaded for fans to lower their expectations, and believes they should be making semi-finals with their talent at best so far.

I think he's right. Some or most England fans are under the delusion that they've ever been in the same breath tactically as Brazil or Germany or the like. They won in '66, sure, but that was a long ass time ago, and home advantage paid dividends.
Last edited by Rome_Leader on 13 Aug 2010, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 13 Aug 2010, 19:47

Rome_Leader wrote:
Rulezzz wrote:sick of england now, i have no expectation from england anymore only that they qualify for euro 2012 im just thinking about palace atm :P
You're wisely following Gerrard's advice. He's pleaded for fans to lower their expectations, and believes they should be making semi-finals with their talent at best so far.

I think he's right Some or most England fans are under the delusion that they've ever been in the same breath tactically as Brazil or Germany or the like. They won in '66, sure, but that was a long ass time ago, and home advantage paid dividends.
All I expect is for players to be fully prepared and give everything. If their best isn't good enough, I can accept that.

No-one will accept that fu**ing piss-poor excuse for an attempt in South Africa. I've certainly lowered my expectations of those self-centred show ponies.

Met

Post by Met » 13 Aug 2010, 20:35

ratherton wrote:
Rome_Leader wrote:

I think he's right Some or most England fans are under the delusion that they've ever been in the same breath tactically as Brazil or Germany or the like. They won in '66, sure, but that was a long ass time ago, and home advantage paid dividends.
All I expect is for players to be fully prepared and give everything. If their best isn't good enough, I can accept that.

No-one will accept that fu**ing piss-poor excuse for an attempt in South Africa. I've certainly lowered my expectations of those self-centred show ponies.
Thats probably why Capello culled most of them, phasing 'em out.

Reminds me of Zico, but the whole team in this case.

gascoigne67

Post by gascoigne67 » 18 Aug 2010, 22:34

ratherton wrote:
Rome_Leader wrote:

Too true. Youve got to give everything. Like players in the 90s and before that.

These days England have to many publicity ponies.

Stevie G to the rescue!!! I hope ward sees this