Transfer Topic

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
panchester07
Veteran Member

Eww with the yellow collar? Maybe its cause all Barca shirts are ugly to me, but this one particulary I found to be quite fugly.. jokes, but seriously I prefer the 09-10 apparel.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

ReXage

I honestly don't know why Benzema still chooses to stay at Madrid, I understand it's his dream club and all but they barely give him time to show what he can do. He was on a straight path to becoming the best striker in the world, atleast accept a loan spell to a club like Manchester united where he'll definitely get play time over Berbatov and partner with rooney & nani that would be a killer squad.

panchester07
Veteran Member

I always wonder about the effect Madrid has on players.. Ronaldo, Beckham, Vanisterlooy, all left winning Man U's to go on not so winning Madrid's. Benzema was literally king of France with Lyon, to go loose in Spain, and to warm the bench for other players.. I realize its a big club, but sh*t, making 10 million in a club, winning leagues, making it far in the Champions League, to go to another club, make 12 million (example), be second, suck in tournaments and cups, really is it worth it?

Theres always the hope of next season, but in their clubs they didn't have to wait for next season, they were the clubs that were knocing madrid out. (lyon/benzema)... These are 4 cases, but there are many, starting off because Madrid buys players that win championships and lead their teams to it.

Its something that always has surprised me.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

ReXage wrote:I honestly don't know why Benzema still chooses to stay at Madrid, I understand it's his dream club and all but they barely give him time to show what he can do. He was on a straight path to becoming the best striker in the world, atleast accept a loan spell to a club like Manchester united where he'll definitely get play time over Berbatov and partner with rooney & nani that would be a killer squad.
I don't think Benzema really chooses to stay as much as he's staying until a better situation comes along. I have a feeling he'll be on the way out this summer if Jose gives his recommendation to let him go somewhere else. He missed out on the World Cup based simply on the fact he didn't get enough playing time at a top level, and he doesn't need to appear he's fine with that and stay at RM. There will be a few clubs interested in him for the right price, which would have lowered from his signing last season. That might cause the longest delay...the gap between what the paid for him last season and what club would be willing to pay for him now. With AC Milan, Juventus, ManU, Man City, Chelsea looking for quality strikers...he'll end up with one of them for the right pice.

Evan
Veteran Member

I hate to say this but I will probably be watching Barca more than Madrid next year because of Villa lol.

Also, apparently Madrid have not called Higuain back for a contract offer.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Evan wrote:I hate to say this but I will probably be watching Barca more than Madrid next year because of Villa lol.

Also, apparently Madrid have not called Higuain back for a contract offer.
The Higuain story was started by Maradona,...hardly someone I'd consider to a reliable source on Higuain's situation. I think it's very dependent on what Jose wants, and the direction he wants the team to move personnel-wise. They'll offer him something just to prevent him from being a free transfer if nothing else.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Yeah mourinho is not letting go of a potentially world class player like higuain. He is evil but a genius. He is an evil genius. Hell it doesnt even take genius, just common sense to know you keep good strikers. Higuain only needs to worry if he is a talented midfielder, defender or coach.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Well, they have Raul and possibly Benzema wanting to leave the club, and only Canales coming in from Racing confirmed so far. They really can't shuffle things around too much...so I couldn't imagine them getting rid of all 3 in the same year. Who knows though, it'll be the battle of Perez's need for new big names vs. Jose's tactical decisions of personnel to deliver silver. No matter who wins that battle.....there will be some players that will lose that game, deserved or not.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Tommy thats a good point, it was Maradona who started that story, when he said to some Argentinian media that he had a conversation with Pipita, and when Diego asked Higuian about the Madrid renovation, Gonzalo replied "they haven't called me" ... Though to be fair, tommy, Maradona has been lots of things, but I don't know if he's a liar..

I have heard lots of rumors of him switching teams, and many more of Madrid not renewing his contract..

Most of them, from Spanish newspaper Marca, and to be fair they did predict Ronaldo's coming weeks before it happened, Mourinho's coming also weeks before , and they seem to have a spy in Florentino's office cause they seem to anticipate the moves the team makes realy well..

Like Shahensa said, if they have 1% of common sense, they wont let go of the best striker they have at the moment, and the one that's scoring the most goals, even more than their precious Ronaldo. But theres a good quote that says "common sense is the least common of the senses" and I think that sums up Madrid's decisions lately.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:Tommy thats a good point, it was Maradona who started that story, when he said to some Argentinian media that he had a conversation with Pipita, and when Diego asked Higuian about the Madrid renovation, Gonzalo replied "they haven't called me" ... Though to be fair, tommy, Maradona has been lots of things, but I don't know if he's a liar..

I have heard lots of rumors of him switching teams, and many more of Madrid not renewing his contract..

Most of them, from Spanish newspaper Marca, and to be fair they did predict Ronaldo's coming weeks before it happened, Mourinho's coming also weeks before , and they seem to have a spy in Florentino's office cause they seem to anticipate the moves the team makes realy well..

Like Shahensa said, if they have 1% of common sense, they wont let go of the best striker they have at the moment, and the one that's scoring the most goals, even more than their precious Ronaldo. But theres a good quote that says "common sense is the least common of the senses" and I think that sums up Madrid's decisions lately.
Not calling Maradona a liar...but it's all relative. The details are scarce...when did he talk to Gonzalo? It would make more sense to go straight to Gonzalo vs. asking Maradona ABOUT Gonzalo in regards to the story. Would you want the press going to one of your friends asking them about a important situation in your life...having them quoted on it based on second-hand information?

Even if Real Madrid didn't want to Gonzalo for next season, why would they let him skate on a free transfer? They'd be better off signing him to a new deal, and shopping him to clubs for the transfer fee alone. If no one is interested, you play him in the system because he's cheaper than acquiring anyone of that caliber. They are literally paying him nothing as it is...in comparison to CR, Kaka, Benzema and others. Like you said though, I've learned to tone down my intelligence when it comes to RM....because nothing seems to make sense with that club.

The Spanish press reports everything...truth, lie, rumor, opinion. If I reported 1,000 stories a week....a couple are bound to be right on the odds. It's mathematics, not journalism.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Tommy is right. Marca may have "predicted" Ronaldo's move and Mourinho coming to Madrid. But they've been making those predictions for years before it actually happened so they were bound to get it right eventually.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Actually brown, no they haven't, i've been reading the paper for like 5 years now about everyday, and they never have said anything about Mourinho coming till 3 weeks ago, they are sensationalists, but they base their sensationalism of solid evidence. They said Ronaldo was almost sure to sign, but that was cause pretty boy flirted all summer with Madrid, (evidence), and Ferguson never let him go.

In fact they didn't predict Mourinho going to Madrid, they guaranteed it, they said this and that, here and there, they said 10 million euros per season, for 3 or 4 seasons can't recall, and that Mourinho wants Maicon and is trying to bring him to Madrid. Turns out, a few days later we find out Mourinho didn't travel back to Italy with inter to celebrate, he stayed in a hotel in Madrid with his family, and talked with the directives of Madrid, he's gonna sign his contract this week. and they've never said that before.

They exagerate, and their off with a lof of the assumptions, but when they guarantee something, it turns out to be truth 95% of the time.

They've also said things about Higuian switching team, and it turns out he hasn't signed a contract.

I'll admit they talk a lot of crap, and bulls**t stories, exagerate them a lot, but can't repeat, when they state something as a fact, they've never missed.

That being said this has little relevance to Higuian, because they haven't revealed or mentioned anything solid, more than "ifs" and "maybes" so to us he's still Madrid's.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:Actually brown, no they haven't, i've been reading the paper for like 5 years now about everyday, and they never have said anything about Mourinho coming till 3 weeks ago, they are sensationalists, but they base their sensationalism of solid evidence. They said Ronaldo was almost sure to sign, but that was cause pretty boy flirted all summer with Madrid, (evidence), and Ferguson never let him go.

In fact they didn't predict Mourinho going to Madrid, they guaranteed it, they said this and that, here and there, they said 10 million euros per season, for 3 or 4 seasons can't recall, and that Mourinho wants Maicon and is trying to bring him to Madrid. Turns out, a few days later we find out Mourinho didn't travel back to Italy with inter to celebrate, he stayed in a hotel in Madrid with his family, and talked with the directives of Madrid, he's gonna sign his contract this week. and they've never said that before.

They exagerate, and their off with a lof of the assumptions, but when they guarantee something, it turns out to be truth 95% of the time.

They've also said things about Higuian switching team, and it turns out he hasn't signed a contract.

I'll admit they talk a lot of crap, and bulls**t stories, exagerate them a lot, but can't repeat, when they state something as a fact, they've never missed.

That being said this has little relevance to Higuian, because they haven't revealed or mentioned anything solid, more than "ifs" and "maybes" so to us he's still Madrid's.
In Brown's defense, I was speaking among the numerous stories they printed that turned out to be something that didn't materialize. That's what I meant about the numbers statement....sure, they're right on a couple stories based on the amount of stories that are printed. I'm not saying they are better or worse than any other media outlet, but just all of them are in business based on the flow of information...correct or not. To your statement about when they guarantee something, it's right 95% of the time.....that's like saying "60% of the time, it works every time".

I think it's safe to say that quite a few people expected Mourinho to take over Real Madrid next season after the 2nd leg Champions League game with Barcelona. That's when the speculation started because many people in Madrid took notice when he took down Barcelona by shutting down their offense in the 2nd leg at the Camp Nuo, while pounding them 3-1 in the 1st leg. He managed to do something that Real Madrid couldn't this year, even after spending the millions on CR, Kaka, Benzema & bringing in Pellegrini. After that game, Mourhino could have sh*t in a bag and sold it to Real Madrid. It's no surprise to me that they would get rid of Pellegrini and bring in Mourinho for 10M Euro's a year for 4 years. I know at one time he stated it would take a contract of 2 years for 16M Euro's a year to bring him at Real Madrid, but I guess 40M is better than 32M as far as he's concerned. I don't think he'll be there for more than 2 years, but maybe Real will go through some transformation to stability if they win a CL title. He been linked to wanting Miacon, Ashley Cole, 3 Benefica players...and he's not even the coach yet. See how fast these things move? The guy doesn't even have his name on the office yet and we feel like we know what's going on because we get these stories that could be based on not much more than opinion/rumor/lies/some reporter needing cash/some tipster needing cash/a paper needing to sell papers. In reality, we don't...because it's behind the scenes.

I'm not even saying they have it wrong about Gonzalo...but you'll have to actually question Gonzalo with some direct quotes before you get me convinced on that story. Question Maradona about the team's progress, expectations, etc.....but not about a player's contract situation to a club because to me, that holds very little relevance coming from Maradona. They quoted him because it's sensational...or Gonzalo didn't give them something controversial enough to grab attention. At this point, it's going to be up to Mostly Perez/Some Mourhino on what players to keep, transfer, or release. Hopefully Perez will be on vacation or some sh*t so Mourhino can make the majority of the decisions from now on....because I"m starting to think Perez has a decision dart board in his office.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

A report just came out that states that Real Madrid have signed Angel Di Maria from Benefica for 40M Euros. I'm sure this has everything to do with Mourinho being announced in the next couple of days since that was a sticking point if Jose did make a move to Real Madrid. He just scored a really nice goal for Argentina in the friendly match with Canada today.

Evan
Veteran Member

Yeh his goal was class. Hoping Higuain gets on the scoreboard.

Btw, Portugal tied Cape Verde 0-0 with basically the strongest lineup lol! People say Messi doesn't do anything for Argentina (Which he doesn't) but Ronaldo doesn't do much more for Portugal.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.