Transfer Topic

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
willz17
Sophomore Member

Post by willz17 » 18 Jun 2011, 23:28

Oh, I heard that fabregas is happy at arsenal but i hear this every year when Barcelona are after him

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 19 Jun 2011, 00:17

he said he won't force his way out of arsenal but also said he would like to go to barca while realizing he has a contract with arsenal. I'm far more interested with modric right now who also said he wants out.

willz17
Sophomore Member

Post by willz17 » 19 Jun 2011, 00:28

Yea i also heard that Modric want to go to chelsea for champion league. I also read that Barcelona have offered David Villa to Chelsea and Mancity for 40million I think david villa wouldnt leave barcelona as he got alot of friends there. I also heard that Arsenal and Liverpool want Birmingham Scott Dann but Birmingham priced him at 12million even thou they got relegated what your thoughts about this?

bsc
Veteran Member

Post by bsc » 19 Jun 2011, 01:02

Fabregas is just being a good guy, making sure that Barcelona will have to buy him for what he's actually worth (50 Mil minimum) by stating he's happy, even though he'd prefer to go. This is because Cesc isn't going to throw a tantrum to get what he wants, like a petulant child.

However, I have reason to doubt that Barcelona won't put together the money, so captain Cesc will be stuck at arsenal for at least another season.

And I would be extremely surprised to see David Villa go anywhere this summer.

It would make sense for Barca to get Sanchez, Giuseppe Rossi, or Fabregas, but I find it likely that they'll only get one of these 3 fellows this summer.

My thought on the Scott Dann situation is Wenger definately did not put in a bid for him. Think about it.

And I think Modric will stay at Tottenham. They've got a ton of cash to reject offers, and he's not the type of player to force himself out of a top club that respects him. I am of the opinion that he would be perfect for United, even though he won't go there.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 19 Jun 2011, 02:20

Daniel Levy, Spurs Chairman has ruled out selling Modric, so looks like he's staying put.
Everything you need, is already inside.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 19 Jun 2011, 11:09

Yeah Desire10, but they say that to increase the value. Modric will leave imo. Players have so much power now and if he doesn't want to be there he will be sold. They are just trying to increase the price of him.

Harry's buying technique :p:

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 04 Jul 2011, 19:53

So yez, Clichy and all that.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 04 Jul 2011, 20:31

Got a feeling Chamakh will be off this summer. Got some ITK info that SBruce had a bid accepted in the January window, however Chamakh couldn't agree personal terms so was happy to be a bench warmer. If Gervinho deal goes through will they try and get rid?

Also, Arshavins season was so bad this year. Will he stay?

Bendtner?

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 04 Jul 2011, 21:36

Arshaving should, and probably will go. I think he's on his way down sadly, and he's the wrong side of 30. Interesting to see where he goes though.

Bendtner? Maybe, if Chamkh goes then there will still be room for him, if not I can see him backing his bags.
Everything you need, is already inside.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 06 Jul 2011, 15:18

p793 wrote:Yeah Desire10, but they say that to increase the value. Modric will leave imo. Players have so much power now and if he doesn't want to be there he will be sold. They are just trying to increase the price of him.

Harry's buying technique :p:

Lol that's quality, where did you find that?

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 23 Jul 2011, 14:38

Nuri Sahin, Hamit Altintop, Raphael Varanne and Fabio Contreao to Madrid. Out of those four, I have seen Fabio and Altintop play. Fabio played in the World Cup and I can say that he is a quality left wingback. As for Altintop, he is not bad and quite a reliable sub.

Alexis Sanchez to Barcelona!

I am actually very very very excited about this purchase! Not only is he very young, he has all the attributes required for a Barcelona forward. He is a good dribbler, fast, good passer of the ball and hunts the opponents down like a hungry hound when his team doesnt have the ball. Granted his goal-scoring ability is not prolific, he wont have a hard time finding the back of the net with messi, xavi and iniesta dropping him dimes in front of the net.

If Barcelona can somehow wrestle off Cesc from Arsenal's tight grips then the team will be too sick next season. I for one would be happy if this fu**ing transfer saga comes to an end. It has dragged on longer than Villa's and Cronaldo's transfer sagas COMBINED.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 23 Jul 2011, 20:17

I was at the La Galaxy vs Real Madrid game. I watched Coentrao feverishly, as he is one of my most highly rated youngsters, and he offers Real Madrid a totally new dynamic as a player. He can play anywhere from defense to midfield. A great utility player to have. Altintop and Sahin were not present at the game, however Sahin is a wonderful midfielder, plus he's young.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 27 Jul 2011, 12:39

Bojan to Roma. Thoughts, gentlemen?

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_ ... ichael-cox

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 27 Jul 2011, 14:59

My thoughts are that, that transfer was confirmed more than a month ago :lol: Did you hear the latest news? Cristiano Ronaldo plays for Madrid now? :D ?? :wink:

Aguero to City :roll: damn, thats bolony! Sucks that Madrid didn't show more interest in him for x or y reason, but at least its not juve he's heading to.

Cazorla to Malaga, making Malaga the team that has spent the most this transfer window... 60 million euros..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 28 Jul 2011, 06:22

lol it was expected of Malaga ever since they were bought by this stinking rich sheikh. Arab money all day.

As for Bojan. Its really just a glorified loan deal. If Bojan proves himself then Barcelona will buy him back, if not then Roma pays more to keep him permanently. I prefer that he goes.