Transfer Topic

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 24 May 2011, 23:14

I don't know how accurate this story is but it looks like David de Gea from Athletico to Manchester United is a done deal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... vid-de-gea

Will he be able to fill Van der Sar's boots? At 17 million pounds, he better.

Edit: Video to accompany post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92SqCrZdAQk

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 25 May 2011, 00:32

De Gea is a quality player for sure. His reflexes are Casillas quick.

Atletico has been a shaky team for the past two years. Still going under changes in management and not getting the best out of Forlan this season after a brilliant WC. This year they were absolutely inconsistent and bipolar. Playing well sometimes and the next game, they were terrible. Despite that, he kept them within breathing distance of the Europa League spot this season.

The season before when Flores took over, Atletico's football was very direct and fast paced like an English team. No wasting time playing around in the midfield....it was just defending and attacking. I am sure he wont be a fish out of water in the EPL.

As for filling in Van der Sar's boots? Give him time. He is very young but he has also shown potential to be a great player.

Edit: Also for those who are not familiar with La Liga and havent seen this fellow play, check out the pic in his wikipedia page.....the background will show why SAF made this decision :lol: :lol:

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 25 May 2011, 01:50

does anybody know if sergio aguero to barcelona is a done deal? or modric to manchester united?

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 25 May 2011, 01:53

Aguero to Barcelona would be awesome but I am 100% sure that Atletico is not going to let go of their best player.

Barcelona bought Jose Angel, a left-back from Sporting Gijon.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 25 May 2011, 03:49

collin wrote:does anybody know if sergio aguero to barcelona is a done deal? or modric to manchester united?
Modic to united is highly unlikely spurs want what 40million sir alex will NEVER pay that money.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 25 May 2011, 04:31

and aguero is more linked to madrid, he just bought a house in a wealthy area of madrid were Mou and Cr7 live, and in his rebelious speach when he said he wants to leave atleti, he mentioned he wanted support from the board of directors of atletico de madrid with no conditions, kind of indrectly saying don't stick your hand in my future if i want to play with madrid even if they are direct rivals bla bla -

now that de gea is gone, and aguero possibly leaving i can really see atleti fighting relegation next season .

though i woud love to see him in the blaugrana colors, and i think he would blend right in where pedro plays and his understanding with Messi is insane-

pirlo signed with JUVE - WTFF
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 25 May 2011, 05:12

panchester07 wrote:and aguero is more linked to madrid, he just bought a house in a wealthy area of madrid were Mou and Cr7 live, and in his rebelious speach when he said he wants to leave atleti, he mentioned he wanted support from the board of directors of atletico de madrid with no conditions, kind of indrectly saying don't stick your hand in my future if i want to play with madrid even if they are direct rivals bla bla -

now that de gea is gone, and aguero possibly leaving i can really see atleti fighting relegation next season .

though i woud love to see him in the blaugrana colors, and i think he would blend right in where pedro plays and his understanding with Messi is insane-

pirlo signed with JUVE - WTFF
Lol I know aye, thought he'd be retiring if anything. Quite a random move.
Everything you need, is already inside.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 25 May 2011, 05:25

no way panch, they are not that weak.

Asenjo is still there, who was good enough to be considered by Chelsea last year and even if Atletico were to lose Aguero and Forlan (apparently Maradona wants him), they still have enough quality to contend for the Europa League spot. Reyes has been absolutely brilliant ever since he moved to Atletico and Enrique looks promising.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 25 May 2011, 09:34

De Gea is a great keeper from what Ive seen, but Man U seem to have a Massimo Taibi phase every now and then.

Why Barca need Aguero, I do not know. "Squad depth"? I wouldnt think so, and I even dont think hed move to Real, possibly Chelsea?

Liverpool News: C.Adam, G.Cahill, A.Young...yewwww

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 26 May 2011, 06:45

TheBrilliance wrote:De Gea is a great keeper from what Ive seen, but Man U seem to have a Massimo Taibi phase every now and then.

Why Barca need Aguero, I do not know. "Squad depth"? I wouldnt think so, and I even dont think hed move to Real, possibly Chelsea?

Liverpool News: C.Adam, G.Cahill, A.Young...yewwww
Exactly, and they already have Bojan. Sure, he's definitely not as good as Kum Kum, but he's quite a similar player. Don't hog all the talent Barca'! :P

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 26 May 2011, 14:13

lol i dunno man. a lot of barca fans are not convinced of bojan at all. pep sees something in him so i gotta be patient and see. i used to think he was mental for playing busquets over toure but that worked out perfectly.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 26 May 2011, 17:45

Bojan broke into the first team playing better than Messi did when Messi broke into the first team.

Obviously that is nothing to go on, but it is certainly to early to say that Bojan is not up to the standard, because he hasn't been given the same chances that Messi had.

On the other hand, Pedro came out of no where, into the first team as one of our best forwards. Goes to show you can't predict player development any better than the weather.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 26 May 2011, 18:12

I think Bojan is a quality player. He definitely proved his worth last season when he benched Ibra and went on a good scoring run when he was needed the most.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 27 May 2011, 06:56

He just needs a chance. It may be a little late now, but a loan spell would/would of done wonders for him.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 28 May 2011, 18:09

Dimitar Berbatov to leave Manchester United.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.