Transfer Topic

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
soccer11
Admin

Ibrahim Afellay signs a 4 year contract with Barcelona

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news;_yl ... nedafellay

shahensha
Veteran Member

Ronaldinho is going to play in Flamengo now and it seems like Mourinho has found his replacement for Higuain and that fellow is.........Adebayor

He will be playing for madrid on loan till the end of the season

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... ch?cc=3888

panchester07
Veteran Member

Adebayor huh? Interesting...

Poor Cr7 he's gonna have a hard time in the showers now... :lol:
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

collin
Veteran Member

adebayor at real madrid? thats not going to work, i really cant picture him at real madrid i think benzema is better than adebayor...

shahensha
Veteran Member

yeah i was surprised at the choice of adebayor too but its only for the final half of this season. perhaps jose wants a tall man up front.

the king's cup semi finals are tomorrow. there is a lot of heat going on between sevilla and madrid for the past few days.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Mourinho wants a classic number 9. A powerful guy that will play centrally win headers, hold the ball up, run in behind and score goals. that is why Real Madrid are going to sign Llorente from Bilbao in the summer.

In the meantime I cant think of any better available to them with the absence of Higuin and hamburg not selling Van Nistelrooy.

Mourinho is not a fan of Benzema and doesnt trust him withbeing a key part of the team, he also feels that Ronaldo's talents may be wasted by playing him centrally.

I think with Adebayor Madrid still have a good chance of winning the league.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

soccer11
Admin

Well this is awkward . . .
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slu ... book021011

Apparently Fabregas to Real Madrid now. I can't see this happening, but the story still caught my eye.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

lol I wonder where they find these monkeys to write this rubbish. this time next week he'll be writing about how Messi to madrid is a done deal.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

ScottyBoy wrote: next week he'll be writing about how Messi to madrid is a done deal.
Of course it is! How dare you doubt my sources. I had a vision of such happenings. More than once, even!

TommyGun
Veteran Member

I'm sure that story was the result behind Barca saying the Cesc deal is "dead" as of right now. I think they are just posturing for a better deal on him but they truly are in dire straights in terms of financing. The Qatar deal was in attempts to help the books break even, but the insane deals for Ibrah and Chrsky didn't help the situation. The Yaya money didn't last very long with the transfers of Villa, JM and IA coming in as well.

They'll link Cesc to whoever can afford him now, regardless of how accurate it is.

panchester07
Veteran Member

ScottyBoy wrote:lol I wonder where they find these monkeys to write this rubbish. this time next week he'll be writing about how Messi to madrid is a done deal.
To be fair its all over the spaniish papers as well, and players like Victor Valdes have said "i can't see Cesc in white(real madrid)".. So its not completely bs.....its a big enough rumor, though i would agree with everybody that its highly unlikely....

Tommygun LMFAO at your little sig video :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Villa, JM and IA coming in as well.
Don't forget AC
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

soccer11
Admin

Fabregas going to Barcelona isn't completely dead I don't think, even though they said they weren't going to go for him. I read a report that Manchester United could possibly go for Mascherano. So if they buy him, I could see Barcelona trying for Fabregas again.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Yeah, forgot about AC because he doesn't play much.

I think JM walked into Barca thinking he was going to take Busq out of his job...and well, that's not happening. That deal was by far the worst business they've done in the last year(+letting Ibrah go THAT cheap). They were spending money like they were printing it one day...and now they say they are "too broke" to go through with the DNA deal.

Imagine if Qatar didn't hop in to shore up the books....it could have been even worse.

ronaldoR7

Torres to chelsea ? 8)
Carrol & Suarez To liverpool

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

A bit late on that boat. :p